It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Want to Know Why....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
most of us watching iraq on tv see the people dancing in the streets tearing down statues and looting their own country and i also remember the bs they bush got for it it was all bushs fault.

fast forward to today and here we are in liyba and the same thing is happening agian looting with glee

but with a major difference the deafening silense of obama and his supporters.

i remember the msn news playing what bush said "their enjoying their freedom" and he was and still is demogagued for it.

there IS the biggest double standard when it comes to the left right in this country and it is sickening.

iraq was unjust libya is justice!

stop the stupidity for one if one thing is wrong then everything is wrong you cant sit there and pick and choose what is justice and what is or what is freedom and what isnt.

tired of the hypocrisy

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I am not in favor of any involvement in Libya or any other country in the middle east. In my opinion we should be out of Iraq, and we should be out of Afghanistan by now.

I do fault Obama for not ending these useless and pointless wars. Why should we help the middle east at all. If it were up to me, I would boycott all OPEC oil till they all got their acts together with free and repeating elections.

But hey. I'm not in charge.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The difference is Bush made me and my buddies go and do that whole Iraq thing. We are responsible for creating that situation. Obama didn't send us over there to Libya, the Libyan people are responsible for that.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300
The difference is Bush made me and my buddies go and do that whole Iraq thing. We are responsible for creating that situation. Obama didn't send us over there to Libya, the Libyan people are responsible for that.

was that during the big Bush draft when people were forced to Iraq?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

you wanna know why?Because Bush administration went to Iraq based on the fact that Saddam Hussein had WMDs,they lied to the public.Libya own citizens fought for their freedom(with help from NATO and the allies) .That is the difference.Hope it's clear enough now

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Some differences to consider:
1) Bush administrators lied about causes and justifications
2) More troops died in battle
3) That war cost way more and still is
4) people don't immediately associate oil and blood money with the current wars(exception of Afghanistan maybe?)
5) This administration does not keep their finger on the 'fear' button, making us all scared and paranoid
6) Today's wars are with countries that did not directly bring harm to our citizens(even though Iraq didn't either, but it was sure sold that way at first
This being said Neo, I'm no fan of any politician anymore, except Paul, so I won't throw any Obama praise your way, but you asked for differences and these came to mind.

stop the stupidity for one if one thing is wrong then everything is wrong you cant sit there and pick and choose what is justice and what is or what is freedom and what isnt.

tired of the hypocrisy

Look here, as we all do and should from time to time man

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Deafening silence? Didn't he make a statement recognizing the transitional government as the new legit poewr of Libya,there by essentially.... "dethrowning" the man?

I mean, that is a pretty damn big statement to me.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wildapache

fast forward to today and here we are in liyba and the same thing is happening agian looting with glee

I think we are saying the same thing in a round about way. You can't bash on Obama about this like you could Bush for Iraq. The situation in Iraq was and still is f@#ed up. You can blame and bash on Bush because it was his decision. Obama participated in Libya but it wasn't his idea, so you cant compare the two. I may be mistaken but I think thats what the OP was about. I could have misunderstood though.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

LOL No, I was never drafted nor was anyone I know. That's just silly

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I remember watching the whole tearing down the statue thing when it happened, the impression I got at the time was certainly different than what I know now, that the whole thing was one big phony staged photo op.

Thanks main stream media.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

so how many times are you going around to every thread and post the same image? eh

i can sit here and rehash 10 years of debate but why bother you were sitting in that oval office and you know everything there is to know.

and seriously grow up and leave personal remarks off site they add nothing to the threads.

it is a simple fact when posters go personal they got nothing and they use it as a deflection tactic.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

What hypocrisy? As far as I can tell the news stations are trying to present a factual account of what is going on. We aren't there.

It's a delicate situation. It's being handled with some diplomacy. If the WH is being reticent, it is well they should be, until we have more of an understanding about what it all means........Things aren't always what they seem.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

heres what it all means after a decade of fighting terrorism the newest adminstration has been aiding them

whats going to replace ghafffi will be just as bad as him same thing in egypt

the arab spring running around in the middle east is the more radcial form of islam and every single "new government" will be a religious theocracy just like iran.

obama knows this
edit on 24-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I don't know that he "knows" this, however I'm sure it is suspected. Therefore the reticence. Diplomacy.
It's better to say nothing, until one knows what one is talking about.

We were led to believe that the Iraqi's were very happy with what we doing there, during the Bush Administration. When we thought they were happy, we were happy. Turns out we were misled.

So far, Libya is an unknown.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Not going to respond the differences the posters listed above or just in a trolling mood tonight?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Connector
reply to post by neo96

Not going to respond the differences the posters listed above or just in a trolling mood tonight?

what does that comment have to do with the op?

whose trolling?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

reply to post by neo96

whose trolling?

You started this thread and posters have responded to your OP listing differences. You have yet to to respond to the debate you started. AKA....a trolling thread.
edit on 24-8-2011 by Connector because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

whose trolling?

You are failing in MSM trap like a running rat

Libyan Rebels Advance Into Central India after taking of Tripoli

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Obamas2ndTerm
I am not in favor of any involvement in Libya or any other country in the middle east. In my opinion we should be out of Iraq, and we should be out of Afghanistan by now.

I do fault Obama for not ending these useless and pointless wars.

So why do you not fault him for not just pulling our troops out, as promised, but for getting us into Libya as well?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Connector

what is the subject matter in the op? is it neo96?

no its not

bring me into the conversation is trolling look it up obvious dont know what it means.

Definition for internet troll: In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, , or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response

reply to post by neo96

reply to post by neo96

whose trolling?

so what do i have to do with iraq or libya?

respond to the op and stop waisting thread space

edit on 24-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join