It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cats

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by spw184
reply to post by Gargarean

Well I did just get him a catree... Might that be it?

I dunno, but its possible. Cats are also know to react funny to weather events too. Their ears are sensitive to low pressure systems, hence why ships used to have ships cats.

This is a fascinating subject, thanks for bringing it up.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I have been having the same issues with my cat as the OP... Every single thing you listed. He is 3 yrs old and he started doing all this about 6 months ago. I took him to our vet to be checked since he had always been such a sweet tempered normal cat. They could not find anything wrong with him at all. Lately he's become very clingy and the other day he was laying in my lap while I was reading and when I went to move him so I could get up he actually tried to bite me at the same time pressed himself against me like he didn't want to be away from me. He's never tried to bite me or anyone else ever before. He also has started whining if his food bowl isn't filled up, he's not even hungry he just wants the bowl full. It's all odd but since the vet says he's fine I've just been keeping mental notes and watching for any changes. I'm in northern California btw.
edit on 26-8-2011 by SilverStarGazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
So its 50/50... meh

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Both of my dogs have been acting strange for the better half of the summer. As well, according to my fiance both her cats have been acting strange. We all live under the same roof half way up a mountain in mission BC, Canada. I can't say what's normal for a cat as I don't really know much else about their personalities aside from they are cats. lol. One boy, and one girl from the same litter, just over a year and a half old. All of the animals have been to the vet recently and have had their seasonal flea treatments as usual.( Advantage for those who want to try to claim that's the cause. The dogs have been on it for years and the cats have been on it since they were old enough with not negative side effects.) The Vet, says they are in good health, and from what we have told them of their living conditions as well as the attention they are given that they don't know why the change in behaviour. The Vet had suggested maybe the dogs had an encounter with a large wild animal. Bobcat, Bear or coyotes, given our location, but I really don't think that's the case. Last spring they chased a black bear up a tree and had no change in personality afterwards.

I'm going to post their behaviour from what I had put in a thread I had started. If I had known the OP started this thread I would have posted it here. Oh and thank you for pointing your thread out to me. S&F.

I will start with Nimpo. As I said she is getting old, so maybe it's simply her age and a bit of my superstitious nature but she hasn't been herself at all. She's a usually very calm, very well mannered dog and lately she's quite skiddish. Often in the morning I will awake to find her curled up either under or beside the bed in the guest bedroom. Now, this is odd as She's always loved her bed and she's never gone in the guest room, let alone under the bed. She knows she isn't allowed in there but she seems to be trying to hide from something. I've also found her curled up between the sofa and love chair underneath the small table that is between them. Now, this is the weird part. She shakes. Sometimes it's just a little quiver here and there, but tonight it's full on convulsive terrorized shaking. Now, I know she's old and perhaps that's the cause but it seemingly started up overnight and when she's standing and the shaking happens she tucks her tail right up under herself tight against her stomach. I find this odd. She's been such a happy friendly loving dog. Now she's skiddish and hides all the time. I just don't get it.

Now as for Brody. Brody is my baby, always has and always will be. She is very energetic and very loving, always wagging her tail and wants to play. Never has a care in the world unless you have hidden her toys, then all hell breaks loose. She will whine and bay at the occasional coon, squirrel or robin in the yard and even the mail man from time to time, but she has also taken a very different personality as of late. She's never more than a few feet from me, and not in that loving play with me " I love you so much " kind of way. Right now she is curled up in a tight ball under my feet as I type on my laptop. She has to be close by or else she wines and wines, and when we go outside instead of trotting around the yard proudly she stands as close to me as she can, especially at night. During the day if I bring out a ball I can get her to play and act more like herself, but if I just go out for a smoke and leave her be she's just not right.

I would try to explain the cats but I don't know what they do different. I really don't do much but feed/water and change the litter when Jess isn't around, so they have some where to go when they need to.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join