It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Jesus the Anti-Christ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by auraelium

The Bible was written as a tool of man. The anti-christ is a metaphor, much like most of the Bible and to regard it as such is like making Star Wars non-fiction. Like Star Wars the Bible has a lot of good ideas (follow the path of light, resist temptation, etc.) but much like Star Wars it was written by man, edited by man, and retranslated over the years to fit a particular audience and in the end, kept alive to generate as much money as humanly possible before people figure out what you are really doing. The Bible is the Anti-Christ in this simple way. It has been shown to be wildly innacurate almost to the point of plagerism but we still lend credence to it because of a guilt complex that is as old as the Bible itself, depending on which version you use. So let me ask you all this;

If "the sons of Abraham should be at each other's throats for all of time (Isacc and Ishmael)," does that mean we should perpetuate an ongoing war that is actually older than these stories? Should we continue to kill in the name of it, rob our minds of intelligence because of it rather than looking inside each other and know that is where the true "Bible" is. The Bible is inside of us and that is why the "Devil" works so hard at corrupting us because it's us that is the secret to life. We are life and the more we give away to ancient men who took older stories and update them, the more we dumb down our exhistance and any chance of knowing the true origin in all of this. The Bible has some great ideas but ultimately is the tool of man.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

I am well aware of the order of love in the Bible. What I find interesting is that I personally cannot love someone or something on demand. Love just happens randomly.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by aero56
reply to post by MamaJ

Not so, not all Jews are "anti-christisn", many have converted; not sure why, but they have. I think it is unwise to dismiss the Jews as you have in your post.

Jews you say are Christians??? OOooooook??
Whatever you say. Many you say have converted? Where did you get this information? Source please!

I have learned....some people you cannot rationalize with and you seem to be one of those.

You make NO sense. But...hey...maybe its just me.

It is not "unwise" to dismiss the Jews. Not in my opinion. They are Anti-Christ! Period. They do not think He has come and they are awaiting his 1st Return .

Jesus spoke of Hell and Satan. What did he say when he was talking to his disciples about Hell? Did he say that if his left hand sinned to cut it off...that it would be better to do that then to spend eternity in Hell? I think so!

Did Jesus not talk about His Father in Heaven over and over again? He did. He knew the difference and spoke of the two (Heaven and Hell). He spoke of turning the other cheek if you were hit. He preached love and kindness and Muhammad even spoke about him. He died on the Cross and told the sinner next to him that he would be forgiven. He was said to have preached in Hell for three days before he went back Home.

I cannot believe I am actually having this conversation...really. I hate to say it but I don't even want to waste my time on people who think He was the Anti-Christ....just seems sooooo naive. I am in no way trying to insult anyone....just seems sooooo silly!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

I am well aware of the order of love in the Bible. What I find interesting is that I personally cannot love someone or something on demand. Love just happens randomly.

It takes practice!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I know many Jewish Christians, and have for years. All you have to do is research a little.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

It isn't literal. If your eye offends you, are you going to remove it, literally? If your hand offends you, are you going to cut if off, literally? I don';t see many christians with self inflicted removal of hands and eyes walking around. Hell was a garbage dump outside of Jerusalem. Worms never died off there because dead carcasses of animals were always being dumped.
edit on 25-8-2011 by aero56 because: typo

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

It isn't literal. If your eye offends you, are you going to remove it, literally? If your hand offends you, are you going to cut if off, literally? I don';t see many christians with self inflicted removal of hands and eyes walking around. Hell was a garbage dump outside of Jerusalem. Worms never died off there because dead carcasses of animals were always being dumped.

You are getting off track.

I didn't ask you to explain His words....I have already concluded. I know where Hell is.

The topic is about Him being the Anti-Christ. With that said, He was not and you can tell by His Words and others... if you believe He is. Fine....good luck with that.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

reply to post by WhoKnows100

"Love less", so what is the difference? You are still being commanded to "love less" your entire family to follow this guy. Christ would expect you to foresake your families, you know, leave them, and follow him. That is not love. That is pure selfishness and arrogance. Jesus also tells his followers to sell everything they own, are you ready to do that? As a former fundamentalist "christian" I am not some cherry picker,and I've studied the scriptures for a very long time. Do not be deceived.
edit on 25-8-2011 by aero56 because: (no reason given)

Actually, I'm not deceived. The OP picked out very specific passages to suggest that Jesus Christ is the AC. In that one particular quote, I merely pointed out the obvious fact that the word, transcribed into English 'hate', DOES NOT have the same connotation as the original written word. There is a HUGE difference in the meaning of 'love less', you know that and I know that. So really, we have no argument.
Jesus Christ was God, the Son of Man. I AM. He reminded us time and time again that to follow Him would be most difficult road through the years. And to be able to do that, if one wanted to be a DISCIPLE, it would require love stronger in Him than anything else, For DISCIPLES, e.g. Teachers, would require huge sacrifices.
So yes, I stand by my original comment, that a cherry pick of this particular scripture, in support of Jesus Christ as the AC, is ludicrous. Not only ludicrous, but false teaching.
I'll tell you what else is true in our time - gazillions of deceivers will be coming in this day and age - to weaken our Faith. This is just another attempt.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

However, there is this, sexual relations during a woman's menstrual period was forbidden. There is some school of thought today that intercourse during this time may be what causes endometriosis in women.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I never said I thought or think he IS the anti-christ. It is an interesting concept, however.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProphecyPhD
Jesus is Christ. There has only been one Christ and that is Jesus. You can't have an anti-christ with out an original Christ to start with.

This is basically a /thread.
If Jesus is the anti-christ, who was the original christ?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

I know many Jewish Christians, and have for years. All you have to do is research a little.

I have done my research! Why would you think otherwise?

It is a modern term and an act just like say..the Lutheran's. It is a "feel good" and made up Religion type label. I get it.... What I don't get is how everyone takes the Word of God and twists it to make them "feel good". Lets do it this way so I feel more comfortable and not worry so much about the Word of God...I am sure it means. "this" and not "that".

Such Religions/Religious labels are just not needed.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

As the saying goes you can lead the horse to water but you can't make him drink it. I gave a link. I'm not expecting anything from you that I'm not willing to do myself and that is read and research the link I provided. Make up your own mind once you have opened up your mind and at least checked out the source provided. If you won't check out the link why should I bother engaging in more disscussions.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

I never said I thought or think he IS the anti-christ. It is an interesting concept, however.

If you have done research of the Bible ....why would you think it is an interesting concept?

Silly? YES!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by auraelium

Considering that it was written after Christ, and the term anti-christ literally means the opposite of whom they believed was the savior, I'd say no.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The Anti Christ is a work of Fiction. Christ was just a man hated by Rome and glorified by a 2000 year old political propaganda piece...

I mean this question honestly as my faith is gone now... I have gone from being a believer to an atheist...

How do we know that Jesus was anything special?I cannot take a book seriously that claims giant locusts and multi headed lions and all that are coming to get us....

Id love a reason to believe.... I truly would... But I just.... can't believe,knowing what I know....

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
The Anti Christ is a work of Fiction. Christ was just a man hated by Rome and glorified by a 2000 year old political propaganda piece...

I mean this question honestly as my faith is gone now... I have gone from being a believer to an atheist...

How do we know that Jesus was anything special?I cannot take a book seriously that claims giant locusts and multi headed lions and all that are coming to get us....

Id love a reason to believe.... I truly would... But I just.... can't believe,knowing what I know....

I can relate to your reasoning.

In order to fully understand the Word....you have to spend a lifetime studying it, or at least I do.

Jesus said himself that we cannot understand the Truth. We were not ready....the second coming is Truth being delivered.

People are becoming more aware as each day passes. The Bible is a tool to use to understand the mind of God (as a parent) and the works of Jesus (as a brother to look up to) but all the same energy.

The world we live in is very mystical. It is filled with many unknowns and draw dropping coincidences. Our reality is one that has been made by experience. Your reality is different than that of mine...because of experience.

This life we live...is one lived by experience....just as God experiences by us as he did with Jesus.

For Jesus to be the Anti-Christ is absolutely illogical no matter what experience you have had unless of course one claims to have seen him hanging out in Hell and worshiping "satan"... That could be a drug induced experience.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

I guess that you haven't figured out where the aliens are going to used?

Why do you think not one walk-the-walk Christian has been abducted?
Why do you think Faith in His Name keeps them away?
Off topic I know, but you are still ahead of most people that have never had Faith, ever.

You know that the deceipt will be the greatest on Earth at this time. That every different tactic will be used to deceive. Every imaginable - from 'lost' archaeology to forum topics such as this- you know and believe what others have said and written - all for the purpose of deceipt. Anyways, best of luck.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100

I guess that you haven't figured out where the aliens are going to used?

Why do you think not one walk-the-walk Christian has been abducted?
Why do you think Faith in His Name keeps them away?
Off topic I know, but you are still ahead of most people that have never had Faith, ever.

You know that the deceipt will be the greatest on Earth at this time. That every different tactic will be used to deceive. Every imaginable - from 'lost' archaeology to forum topics such as this- you know and believe what others have said and written - all for the purpose of deceipt. Anyways, best of luck.

That is an awful lot of off topic speculation....My question had to do with my faith in God...I was looking for a reason to believe...

Not surewhat you are talking about Alien abduction for.I mean...with all due respect.... I am honored you are trying to help me....But saying things that you cannot prove and that honestly nothing more than speculation on your part. How could you possibly know for a fact that Aliens are coming here AND scared of God? Just because you read it online somewhere does not make it true....

And that is coming from a guy who has seem UFO's so figure that one out...

Umm. I know and believe what others have written for the purposes of Deceit?I just told you.... I don't believe a word the bible says

But seriously though....What deceit are you talking about? The deception of this fictional anti-christ?I told you...I don't believe that story though.....I don't believe the bible....( Or any other "religious" text)

I want to though....

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

If you don't mind, I want to send you a U2U....I have some questions and I do not want to derail the thread...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join