It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Jesus the Anti-Christ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
the greatest trick the Devil ever pulled wasn't convincing the world he didn't exist...

it was convincing the world to believe in religion.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by auraelium

You might find it interesting that the numerical value of the full name/title of Jesus (Ιησους Χριστοῦ) is numerically equivalent to the verse "and his number is 666" in the original Greek.
It does say, "let he who has knowledge, calculate the number, for it is a man's number".

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skate
That's like saying "Was Christ the Anti-Christ"...

Derp

Im sure this was explained to me before.. Anit Christ doesnt mean like the opposing half of Christ does it not mean somthing similar to he who opposes God or somthing like that?? i might be wrong...

Also it would be like the end of usual suspects, Christ leaves the police station gets his watch and lighter and as he walks to the car his foot straightens up....and poof.. he vanishes

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I'll just pick one of your scriptures to show how a lack of understanding can sway ones opinion-

“If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple” (Luke 14:26, emp. added)

This one scripture is always used to argue the point that our Messiah was actually the AC-
Because we are to honour and love our parents. Right?

But, if you explore the original words that were translated into the English word 'hate' you quickly find out that:
-"Numerous Greek scholars have added their combined years of study to the discussion to testify that the word “hate” (miseo) in Luke 14:26 does not mean “an active abhorrence,” but means “to love less". www.apologeticspress.org...

So, if you are convincing yourself that Jesus Christ was not who He said he was based on what cherry pickers and people who can't be bothered to simply look things up - then you are being the one deceived my friend. See, people who don't want to acknowledge our Saviour and God can easily find things to support their viewpoint - unfortunately, Jesus warned us time and time again that only certain people would have understanding- Which to me directly implies that if you are not a child of God you will have no understanding of His message.

So, the answer to your question, is NO.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

I think this is a fascinating concept. I have wondered this myself. I used to be a fundamentalist "christian" for most of my life. Thankfully, I had the wherewithal to walk away from it. What I focused on the most in your post is that concept of the "trinity". Acutally, that is a man made theology. However, God is God, and we aren't to have any other gods before Him. Period. I've often believed that is why prayers are not answered and this world is going down, because people have failed to worship God only, and put Jesus before him. It's hard to walk away from a belief you have held nearly your whole life, but people need to seek out the truth for themselves and not fear doing that.

Thank you for your post.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

"Love less", so what is the difference? You are still being commanded to "love less" your entire family to follow this guy. Christ would expect you to foresake your families, you know, leave them, and follow him. That is not love. That is pure selfishness and arrogance. Jesus also tells his followers to sell everything they own, are you ready to do that? As a former fundamentalist "christian" I am not some cherry picker,and I've studied the scriptures for a very long time. Do not be deceived.
edit on 25-8-2011 by aero56 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by GonzoSinister

The greatest trick of the "church" is getting you to believe that Satan is a real entity. Have you ever asked yourself why God uses trickery on his people? Deceivers, throwing out a false prophet, you know, to "test" us?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Jesus put on the mantle of Christ=Annointed One, his cult of followers made the term Christ=Annointed One enduring to the person of Jesus. He refrained from aligning himself to being a Messiah... for good reason

the Annointed One=Christ cult was steeped in mystery, magic and spiritual hocus-pocus to evade the practical world repercussions... and got a giant boost when

Constantine the Great - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sources...
Constantine the Great, also known as Constantine I or Saint Constantine, was Roman Emperor from 306 to 337. Well known for being the first Roman emperor to convert to Christianity,...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constantine_I

additional:

Emperor Constantine (c.274 - 337) - EarlyChurch.org.uk: 10 ...
Synopsis. CONSTANTINE THE GREAT AND HIS SONS. 1. Constantine, Roman Emperor from 306 to 337; was born in 274, at Naissus in Upper Moesia, a son of Constantius Chlorus ...
www.earlychurch.org.uk/constantine.php

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Your passage in Matthew referring to Christ's kingdom and what he said to his disciples, is translated as the "transfiguration" by most christians today. That being said, they are still awaiting the "return" of this Christ, and that hasn't happened yet according to them.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

If he doesn't return, that makes him a false prophet. It's been a long, long wait. It is beginning to feel like a bad joke.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Spend time reading the original Greek and Hebrew, then come back and talk. How about doing that?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Snippy23

No one knows for sure who wrote the book of Revelation. To take seriously a book full of imagery and symbols, with an unknown author is questionable at best.
edit on 25-8-2011 by aero56 because: typo

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Not so, not all Jews are "anti-christisn", many have converted; not sure why, but they have. I think it is unwise to dismiss the Jews as you have in your post.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Yes, it does. Here is a definition of witchcraft: the use of sorcery or magic, trickery; communication with the devil. And yet,we are warned to not get involved with witchcraft!! It seems that it was used constantly in the Bible.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Reply to post by patternfinder

Perhaps you should read more. The numbering in Samuel was in spring time. The numbering I'm Chronicles was at the harvest.

Keep em coming. You are making this easy by cherry-pickimg without a care of context clues and supporting passages and translation.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Reply to post by aero56

The order of love is God, family, everyone else.

This is shown throughout the Bible.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Solardez you have to quote that from Kaiser Soze. This is a re-post someone had a similar post about AntiChrist = The Savior a few months back. Basically repetitive material. Search the archives.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by aero56
reply to post by MamaJ

Spend time reading the original Greek and Hebrew, then come back and talk. How about doing that?

Ok...done. Lets talk!
I have studied it all my life sweet thang and I will be glad to hold a conversation with you about it until I have to go to work. With ATS I have noticed there are many who do not believe and I have spent hours on here trying to plead the case for Jesus (Yahshuah). Yahshuah is Jesus in Hebrew in case you didn't know.

As bad as I hate to admit it...I can become real lazy with "helping" someone get to know Yahshuah!! If your spirit does not connect....then so be it. You will either get to know him in this life....or the next. My prayer would be for all of you to get to know him in this one. For the after life will be hard on anyone who doesn't. This is of course my opinion which my studies have lead me to believe, It is all a choice. It has been since day one. You can read whatever you wish into any sentence, scripture, or Gospel.

Speaking of Gospel. I have not heard anyone say that Deuteronomy is called "The Second Law". Within the teaching of it you will notice a lot of talk about "Law" ... Ironic don't ya think?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join