It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Funny Pics of Obama Northbound along I-5..90 miles South of Seattle.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+82 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I think it's hilarious.

edit on 24-8-2011 by Daedal because: added text

edit on 24-8-2011 by Daedal because: Source not verified.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Haha, S&F. this is unbelievably funny, yet at the same time alot of those signs have a sad truth to them.

Good Work :]

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Ahh, the fall man taking the fall, while the ones who pull his strings remain untouched

They are funny signs though

+58 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Honestly those are disgusting. The caricature is racist itself and most of what is written (and misspelled) is untrue. This is not free speech as much as it is libel and defamation.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
There's a serious problem with the source article(s).

1. No source is provided that claims the federal government or Washington State have said this.

2. The "Dailypaul" link provided in the OP links to another forum (forum.punjabijunktion.co.in), which has only posted the pictures without any comments claiming the Feds have threatened to deny funding nor any comments about Washington threatening to secede.

Thus I can only conclude that other than some funny pics of someone's artwork to be found along a Washington roadway, there is no truth to the claim that Washington threatened to secede nor any truth to the claim that Obama or the feds threatened to withdraw funding to Washington.

So where does this "threatening to secede" notion come from? I'm guessing from the poster over at Dailypaul who is letting his imagination run amok.

+107 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SG-17
reply to post by Daedal

Honestly those are disgusting. The caricature is racist itself and most of what is written (and misspelled) is untrue. This is not free speech as much as it is libel and defamation.

Please, how is it racist in any way? You obviously don't read many financial or wall street news papers, because they have cartoons in them like this all the time. Get real, your only mad because it's true.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I walked into a Zellers store today (in Canada) and right next to "I love Canada" T-Shirts were Obama T-Shirts with his mug plastered on the front..

The one that insulted me the most was a picture of Martin Luther King and Obama shaking hands with the caption "Continuing A Great Legacy". It's a good thing that MLK isn't around or else Obama would be getting a good B-Slap from a man he could only hope to look up to.

Ugh.

Back on topic...love the signs!

S&F

ETA: Please get Ron Paul in office so the Obama shirts will go to the bargain bin and eventually to the thrift stores and then to the trash. Such a waste of a good t-shirt!

edit on 24-8-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

+22 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This is the type of political speech that is specifically protected by our constitution.

The caricatures are just that caricatures.

People are entitled to their own political opinions (right or wrong). It wasn't that long ago that people were doing the same thing about Bush.

The president is fair game when the economy is in the toilet.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I think the people of Washington are just calling it as they see it. Sadly though, now the whole State will be labeled as "terrorists".

It reminds me of the books that were for sale a few years back entitled "Why We Need Bill Clinton", and all the pages in the book were blank. That was funny...
edit on 8/24/2011 by visualmiscreant because: added comment

+83 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

What is racist about it? He IS black dude - get over yourself. I can find a NEWSWEEK image of George Bush that is 10x more distorted than this one. Is Bush black? You people are the racists because you turn EVERYTHING to be about race.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

The State of Washington replied, they will secede from the Union rather than be intimidated. These are a matter of free speech paid for by a private citizen.

I can find no reference to this. I realize OP was just copying the content, but I can't find anywhere that ther "state of Washington will secede." I've followed the links as deep as it will let me. Who said this? It certainly was not the legislature, which is not cirrently in session. I can't imagine the governor, a Democrat, saying anything like this. In fact, given that Wsshington is mostly a blue state, I suspect the claim is fiction.

P.S. That area, near Centralia on I-5, is quite famous for anti-liberal sentiments. They've had a "Get US out of the UN" sign up there for decades. It's on private land.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
That was funny but true, S&F op good find regardless of the sources. But one thing though, I always thought Washington state as being more liberal perhaps I am confused?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_

reply to post by Daedal

Please, how is it racist in any way? You obviously don't read many financial or wall street news papers, because they have cartoons in them like this all the time. Get real, your only mad because it's true.
Umm... no. The accentuated ears, lips, teeth and noise coupled with the reduced cranial dome is classic racism.

It is designed to make him look like a chimp or sub-human.
edit on 8/24/2011 by SG-17 because: (no reason given)

+26 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

reply to post by Daedal

Umm... no. The accentuated ears, lips, teeth and noise coupled with the reduced cranial dome is classic racism.

Looks like classic Alfred E Numan to me from MAD magazine?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Daedal

wow!!!!!!
i don't know which planet your living on, but these signs are perfect....of course, i don't tell the emperor how pretty his new clothes are either.......i just say "you're naked!!!!!!"

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

reply to post by Daedal

Umm... no. The accentuated ears, lips, teeth and noise coupled with the reduced cranial dome is classic racism. It is designed to make him look like a chimp or sub-human.

those characteristics helped you know that it was obama didn't they? yes they did....i didn't even notice those things, shows what some people do when they are lurking around these forums looking to call someone racist or antisemite......the signs are perfect and are no different than when they used to do characteratures of bill clinton or ronald reagan, bet you didn't call racist on those pics.......in fact, that's what characatures are supposed to do, they do them at the fairs too, are all those people racist??????what a joke.....

edit on 24-8-2011 by patternfinder because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

reply to post by Daedal

It is designed to make him look like a chimp or sub-human.
edit on 8/24/2011 by SG-17 because: (no reason given)

However it is only you that has noticed any of these features, everyone else is more interested in the fact and truth in the quotes. It's only racist, if you play it out to be racist. Same races yell slurs to eachother all the time, but that doesn't make what their saying racist. How do you know a colored man didn't make these posters? Charicatures always have these features, even ones for white people, hispanics, etc. They are meant to be drawn the way they are.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
...yeah, i think this is someone's way of getting attention for their political stance...

...however, if the signs are posted on the easement of an interstate - thats federal property and washington state has no say-so over whats allowed on federal property... right?... wrong?... not sure?... i'm not sure either, just guessing, lol...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Aren't there laws perventing large signs on Interstates? I'm not sure.

If not, they have a right to have these, but they are in such poor taste I'm cringing for the poor near-illiterate person who made them. *shudders*

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
Aren't there laws perventing large signs on Interstates? I'm not sure.

...in some places... orange county cali doesnt allow billboards - so i've heard...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join