It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange cell phone call

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I have had the same experience, on and off for about a year now. This has happened on my Blackberry Bold 9780, and a LG optimus p500. Last night I received another "phone call" when I went to call my bank. I was on the bus, and could not talk to it without looking like a crazy person. This has happened on about 6 different occasions, with my mother and boyfriend both hearing the voice and also being disturbed. The phone call last night was 1:33 long, and I have yet to record the strange noises. It usually happens when I am alone, but once it answered my cell phone (without the call going through to me, it answered a phone call I didn't receive) Myboyfriend thought I was playing a joke. He finally hung up and called back (which was the first call I received after I had hung up on him) My first instance was last September, and have been wondering ever since. I hope someone gets a good audio clip, and I will be checking the youtube video of the demon. It is very creepy. Hope we can figure this out.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

This sounds pretty exact.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Hello,
This has happened to me and other members of my family on six separate occasions over the past nine years. I have tried to dismiss it as interference, electrical surges, crossed lines etc. but it has happened too many times on too many different phones and in too many different locations for this to make sense.
The first incident happened about nine years ago when I was in mid conversation with a friend - both on landlines - suddenly our conversation was interrupted by what I can only describe as a demonic voice ( I have listened to the examples people have added to this discussion but none of them sound like this). It lasted for about three minutes, then we were able to resume our conversation; both of us heard it and at the time we laughed because it sounded like something from a horror film - we both presumed that there must be a logical technical explanation. A couple of weeks later it happened again, this time the phone rang (landline) and my teenage daughter picked it up - she was terrified and came running through to the kitchen in tears. We lived in the house for another five years, but it never happened there again (although lots of other unexplained things did).
Four years ago, I moved house (not far from old home) and about two weeks after moving into my new home picked up an incoming call on my new landline - utter dismay, when I heard this horrible thing again. The next day there was another call, this time picked up and heard by my son who, as a teenage boy laughed it off as a prank ( I had never told him about what happened five years earlier, when he was only nine, as I hadn't wanted to frighten him at the time.) After this, almost four years and nothing happened until a couple of weeks ago - This time my daughter, who is now grown up and living 480 miles away, had the same experience on her mobile, with calls between herself and her partner being interrupted (both of them on mobiles and both of them hearing it) - She called to tell me about it and was very upset - a few days later I had the same thing happen to me when I was speaking to a friend (both on mobiles) again we both heard it.....So...there we have it...heard by seven people, all linked, but talking on a variety of different landlines, mobiles and in different locations.....I truly hope to find a logical explanation...Sorry for the rant, but it has really got to me this time.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

So, what you are hearing is not alien voices or demons.
Cell phones these days are not entirely transmitted via radio-waves. Once the cell tower receives the signal from the cell phone, the signal is converted into data. Data being converted into IP packets. Those packets are then "routed" to the destination. Once the destination receives the first packet, it is given a set of instructions on how to re-assemble the packets into audio/voice.
Now, say your connection got the incorrect route and the order of the packets was not correct either. The result would be a call to someone else and the words "Hello there, it is Macman calling" would be re-assembled incorrectly, resulting in gibberish.

Hope this helps.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
People do not realize how complex a phone call actually is. From the point you dial the last digit to when the target phone rings their are a million places a call can go wrong which impact who you connect to, call quality and caller ID.

I have made a very financially rewarding career out of telecom.

To the average user incorrectlt connecting to a dialer , ATT station, call recording, hunt/pilot number seems like something demonic and horrible. To me it's just another example of how complex phones are.

I miss the days of boxing COCOTs to get free calls =(

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

I miss Phone Phreaks.

Telecom has been my basis as well. Add some networking here, PC there and you got what the world has evolved to.

Yeah, many many many complex actions required, especially for Cell based calls.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by opethPA

I miss Phone Phreaks.

Telecom has been my basis as well. Add some networking here, PC there and you got what the world has evolved to.

Yeah, many many many complex actions required, especially for Cell based calls.

Awesome...I started off as a traditional TDM engineer on the Nortel and LucentAvaya sides but since the PBX as a stand alone is pretty gone now Im a full blown UC(voipsiptdm) lover.

I used to make so much money building redbluebeige boxes for people when i was younger..and wilder. good times.
edit on 23-7-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I just got off the phone with my boyfriend. This same thing happened. It was absolutely terrifying! Both of us heard it, hes in saskatoon and im in winnipeg. I know theres no 100% way of saying what caused it but seeing that its happened to people on multiple occasions freaks me out! It seems like quite an unlikely coincidence for it to happen more than once to the same person with just telephone errors and so called 'logical' explinations! I'll definitely be back here should it happen again!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

_BoneZ_
Do you guys ever let your friends play with your phones? There are numerous apps for both Android and iPhone that do the prank calls like you both have experienced. It would also make sense that a prank app is being used because there is no ringing and the app takes over and goes straight to the prank call.

I would look on both of your phones for apps that are installed that shouldn't be.

I don't think this, or most incidents like this can be explained by an app downloaded by a friend whose gotten hold of your phone.
A similar thing has happened to me. I was making a call to a friend interstate(mobile to mobile). There was no "ringing" tone that you usually hear before someone picks up, it answered immediately, and I immediately began hearing weird sounds, like some sort of creature was on the other end. I wouldn't describe it as alien, but rather more electronic. I didn't hang on the line as long as the OP, more like 30 seconds and thought f*** this, ended the call and tried again, which I got through on the second attempt, and my friend also said that he did not receive any call from me prior to the current call he answered.

However I have another experience with the same weird sounds, but where the call actually went through to a friend, and the friend said the call went through, but all they could hear as well, was the same weird sounds that I was hearing and that OP describes hearing.

I figure it must be "lines" getting crossed.
There are hundreds of millions of mobile phones out there being used. If it can happen on land line phones, then I'm sure it can also happen on mobile phones.
If you think about it, it makes a lot of sense. The OP, his girlfriend, and I all describe some noise on the other end, as if someone is trying to talk, but the sound is all screwed up. In my unqualified opinion, I reckon it's just the radio waves and what not floating around out there and being exchange and bouncing around causing lines to get crossed.
edit on 3-12-2013 by iBallinU because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I literally just had this happen to me. I was on the phone with my mother. I have a galaxy S4 through CSpire and she has a regular flip phone on the StraightTalk network. We were just talking as usual. She started to tell me about one of the stories on NASA unexplained (the X in the sky) and all the sudden a garbled sound very similiar to what was in the movie "Signs" started but without all the clicking. I could hear what sounded to be like it was taking breaths. It would stop and start again. I initially thought it was a garbling of her voice as she told the story and most likely didn't know I was getting interference. I had no way to record it but I put it on speaker for my niece and daughter to listen to. The call finally disconnected after about a minute and a half. I called my mom back only to find out that she was getting the EXACT SAME interference on her phone when it started on mine and it ended when she hung up on her end. I actually found a video that sounds very simliar to what I heard on Youtube at youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph
Hi everyone. I'm new to ATS. I'm just a regular guy with an interest in the unexplained/conspiracy theory. I would call myself skeptical in nature, and I believe there's USUALLY a logical explanation for most "unexplained" events, but I'm at a loss for what just happened to me. I figured I'd come here and see if anyone knows of similar cases or has had this happen to them.

The story starts a few months ago. My girlfriend tried to call me on her iphone 3 (8gb, 3g network), and instead of hearing the phone ring, was instantly connected to what can only be described as an alien or demonic voice. She said it spoke to her for a number of minutes. She could hear it breath, and form words and sentences, but she didn't understand what it was saying. She was quite panicked when she phoned me to tell me this. I laughed it off, and insisted someone must be playing a prank on her or that she was hearing static or some kind of interference and that she shouldn't worry about it. She insisted I didn't understand, and I jokingly bugged her about it over the next week. Everything was eventually forgotten.

Fast forward to 20 minutes ago. I went to call her on my Android (it's a galaxy S on a 3g network, and I was calling her on her cell phone. The same phone she had her experience with). Instead of hearing a ring, I was instantly connected to what I can only describe as an "alien" voice. It immediately sent shivers up my spine, as it did not sound human at all. The only way I can describe it, is as very raspy. It seemed to respond to me when I spoke to it, and seemed to be forming words and sentences (none of which I could understand). It also seemed to breath and make sounds kind of like it was inhaling, but then would be COMPLETELY silent in between sounds. No back ground noise, static, etc. It was also very loud when it spoke. I tried saying things like "You're not funny" as well as mimicking the sounds it made (when I mimicked it, it almost seemed to get angry and it's "speech" picked up in intensity).

Now, I'm aware that people can use software to do all kinds of things to their voices. But the odd thing was that in both my girlfriend's case and mine, we weren't called. we PLACED the call (to each other) and didn't hear any ringing. I'm very skeptical and I can't help but feel that I somehow had my line interfered with, but the sound of the voice still bothers me. It was.... well... other worldly and sent shivers down my spine multiple times.

I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar or if anyone can provide a logical explanation for it.

Thank's for your time.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Hi I came across your posting. It is exactly how I describe an experience I had in 2010 . It was on one of my friends cell phone that it would call. The call would come up private or unknown and it was other worldly, raspyish, took breaths, but talked kind of fast like it was explaining something it did give us chills and I almost recorded it using my phone, but I forgot to hit save on my phone... Ughhhh. Yes it was speaking a language but nothing Ive ever heard not even movies, when people ask me to imitate it I can't at all it can't be. I know it In my mind but I cannot put it into words. No background noise just like you described. It was kind of loud and almost felt like it was coming through my ear I had to put the phone down to compose myself and regain my mind or whatever. But it called her a total of 8 times over an 8 month period.
Wow I can't believe someone else has experienced this.. Did you find anything about it or something that sounds similar?
Thanks
a reply to: DeadSeraph

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I need to follow this thread as well. What I heard was not another person or conversation. It sounded like someone talking to me in a different language.

Not just talking but yelling, very demeaning.

I hope it was just a scrambled wire.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join