learn more

Strange cell phone call

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

i'm not too deep into the technical stuff regarding cell phones, but this happened to me a few times too, when i used a GSM phone.
Not exactly like described always having a messed up conversation right from start, but often when i entered an area with significant, but not ultimate loss in signal strenght (so i guess)

for example i'm used to phone in a 20 story building with a GSM megacell station right on the roof, operated by the same provider i have subscribed to.
As a matter of fact the signal strength directly below the antenna is a tricky issue. The buildings superstructure transports the HF signal a good portion, but below the 2nd story the signal becomes somewhat weakened or subject to modifications, reflections and whatever else.
So sometimes when i below 2nd floor i'm used to have this sort of alien talk too.

Lets try to shed some light into the details (as i think they work):
Once having a connection established it basically means that you have not a standard voice line like in good old times with your old-fashioned phone anymore, but an encrypted data-connection established.
The analog pendant of a wireless phone would start becoming messed up with noise. The weaker the signal the more intense the noise you can hear.
Loss of signal GSM-style means the data-transmission gets faulty and phone and station you are booked into start making use of extra-bits within your signal trying to replace faulty bits in the transmission.

We call that an error-correction algorithm.

Aside with the voice-data phone and station exchange telemetry about the connection itself, in a way that the GSM-phone can actively try to send with higher power, or changes station if possible (handover)
all this happens without you knowing, and you not even get aware if a handover to another station takes place.

Its my personal believe, that this connection-control data has more bits in its error-correction than the voice data, and could possibly get better and more efficently restored than the voice data.

As a result you do a call in an area with weak signal. Your phone bahaves like normal, except the voice is digitally messed up and sounds VERY alien, because the error correction could not restore it to a point you would hear it as normal voice.
The control-data may still run fine, and must run fine since keeping the connection is more important as its content, from technical viewpoint.

In this scenario the loss of voice-data happens at the location of just ONE of both involved phones, and while you mentioned your girfriend is using an iphone .. uhm... the iphone has been in the media for having a faulty antenna, so its much likely that your girlfriend is going to have alien conversations more often than you.

maybe its helpful to change provider or phone ?

As i said i do have conversations like that often. which once let me change my provider which has its station on another roof, thus granting a better coverage of the building i hop around in.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Did it sound like this?( Listen to the full video... you can hear it better towards the end) Some iphones had a problem with that...I forget what caused it.... If that is it, tell her to take it to the apple store.

The people in this video have a similar story... before the person connected.... it started doing this. it is weird...It even sounds like it is breathing at times and almost seems to respond when you talk...Was just a weird glitch though.

edit on 24-8-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TMJ1972

i'm not too deep into the technical stuff regarding cell phones, but this happened to me a few times too, when i used a GSM phone.
Not exactly like described always having a messed up conversation right from start, but often when i entered an area with significant, but not ultimate loss in signal strenght (so i guess)

for example i'm used to phone in a 20 story building with a GSM megacell station right on the roof, operated by the same provider i have subscribed to.
As a matter of fact the signal strength directly below the antenna is a tricky issue. The buildings superstructure transports the HF signal a good portion, but below the 2nd story the signal becomes somewhat weakened or subject to modifications, reflections and whatever else.
So sometimes when i below 2nd floor i'm used to have this sort of alien talk too.

Lets try to shed some light into the details (as i think they work):
Once having a connection established it basically means that you have not a standard voice line like in good old times with your old-fashioned phone anymore, but an encrypted data-connection established.
The analog pendant of a wireless phone would start becoming messed up with noise. The weaker the signal the more intense the noise you can hear.
Loss of signal GSM-style means the data-transmission gets faulty and phone and station you are booked into start making use of extra-bits within your signal trying to replace faulty bits in the transmission.

We call that an error-correction algorithm.

Aside with the voice-data phone and station exchange telemetry about the connection itself, in a way that the GSM-phone can actively try to send with higher power, or changes station if possible (handover)
all this happens without you knowing, and you not even get aware if a handover to another station takes place.

Its my personal believe, that this connection-control data has more bits in its error-correction than the voice data, and could possibly get better and more efficently restored than the voice data.

As a result you do a call in an area with weak signal. Your phone bahaves like normal, except the voice is digitally messed up and sounds VERY alien, because the error correction could not restore it to a point you would hear it as normal voice.
The control-data may still run fine, and must run fine since keeping the connection is more important as its content, from technical viewpoint.

In this scenario the loss of voice-data happens at the location of just ONE of both involved phones, and while you mentioned your girfriend is using an iphone .. uhm... the iphone has been in the media for having a faulty antenna, so its much likely that your girlfriend is going to have alien conversations more often than you.

maybe its helpful to change provider or phone ?

As i said i do have conversations like that often. which once let me change my provider which has its station on another roof, thus granting a better coverage of the building i hop around in.

In this scenario, wouldn't the person being called have to receive the call and speak for their voice to be garbled as such? In this situation, neither of us received the original call.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

There are issues which can cause a raspy effect however I suspect this is not the case as statistically speaking it should not be happening on two different phones.

It is very interesting. I am not opposed to other intelligences. I have seen ufo phenomenon and am open to the prospect of communication from them.

Having said that I was getting phone calls every other day with just silence on the other end from an unlisted number complained to the phone company they did nothing I solved it by not answering unlisted numbers. Then a fellow techi explained that marketing companies get your number and put it into a robot which will call your number throughout the day to see what times you will pick up for telemarketing profiles. When you answer it is silent as it is a machine. Its annoying however no where near as startling as your experience is. Keep us updated if it reoccurs. I'll help where I can.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Did it sound like this? Some iphones had a problem with that...I forget what caused it.... If that is it, tell her to take it to the apple store.

The people in this video have a similar story... before the person connected.... it started doing this. it is weird...It even sounds like it is breathing at times and almost seems to respond when you talk...Was just a weird glitch though.

edit on 24-8-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

It's hard to tell because of the Audio quality. My first impression was that it did not sound like this at all, but near the end of the clip you can kind of hear almost a raspy, breathing type voice, and this is somewhat similar to what I heard (but in my case, it seemed to be forming words and sentences and not just making static sounds).

It is however, relieving to know this is a known issue with iphones. Although I have an android, I could see how an issue with her iphone could cause this to happen both ways. I'm going to just chalk it up as some kind of glitch (there really isn't any other option for a logical, sane person).

I'll be back to post some more info once I do some digging.

Thanks for everyone's input, I know it might seem like a ridiculous thing to post about on ATS, but you would have had to hear it for yourself to understand why I found it so disturbing (also, the fact my gf had the same experience months earlier in a different city).

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Yeah, I just happened to remember seeing that video a long time ago.... Not sure if there are other similar videos showing this issue or not.

Just thought I would show you.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Update! Wow do I feel dumb. But hey! I've been meaning to make an account here for years, and I guess this was the Catalyst.

-The original call when my girlfriend had this experience, was made from a blackberry, to a blackberry (no iphones)

-My call was in fact received by my girlfriends youngest daughter, at exactly the time stamp shown on my phone when I placed the first call. She heard the same thing I did (this leads me to believe that we were hearing each other, and something was wrong with the call itself). She heard the phone ring and answered it (which still doesn't make any sense to me since I was instantly connected the moment I pushed send, but whatever).

Long story short, false alarm. Really had me spooked but a good lesson in why critical thinking and skepticism is so important

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Atleast you were honest in your mistake! Glad you figured out your problem

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Got to agree with camouflaged, thank you for being honest.

Now go and enjoy the site

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I'm tempted to say it was Indrid Cold. You don't happen to live in West Virginia, do you?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

hahaha no sir, I do not. but I must admit, having read about moth man and seen the movies, I was inclined to be swayed towards such an opinion during this experience. I can assure you I hold logic dear to me. I hope if anything, this post serves as A) a beacon for anyone else who has encountered what I did and is looking for answers and B) an example of why critical thinking should always dominate ones mind.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
i have PROOF of what you are talking about!!

i am currently at work however so i cannot link the video until i get home.

a couple of months ago i was browsing the usual NWO/satanic videos through youtube, when i came across a very disturbing video.

in the video a phone conversation is recorded between a priest and a "posessed" female.

the key words you described game me goosebumps "raspy" "not making sense" "heavy breathing" and "other worldly".

in the video the voice you hear is of a DEMON.

the sound clip was taken in the early or mid 90's i believe or maybe late 80's.

it is NOT fake, and such a voice i believe CANT be replicated.

as soon as i get home i will link the video.

and i GUARANTEE that the voice you heard will be the exact one from the video.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
SAME THING HAPPEND TO ME!!! My girlfriend and I were on the phone (already talking), as she was driving over to my place when all the sudden the phone started making funny noise. I called for my girlfriends name a number of times to see if she could hear what I was hearing but all I heard was an other-worldly voice. I stayed on the phone with it for about 10 mins as it continued then hung up and immediately called my girlfriend back. To my astonishment she could hear the voice just as I did and she was also calling for my name though neither of us could hear one another, only the voice.

The voice made terrifying screeches, various different pitches and tones of an unearthly nature. There was no pattern to the noices but I noticed an occasional (what sounded like) deep breath being taken, similar sounding to Darth Vader. When my girlfriend arrived she too, like your girlfriend, explained it as demonic and evil. If I had to explain it, it sounded like an alien in distress or extreme pain. I am unsure what it was but it was DEFINITLY not a pleasant sound. The sound terrified my girlfriend to the point of bringing tears to her eyes... I feel the need to investigate this further.

Again, this occurred in the middle of a phone conversation me and my girlfriend were having. The funny thing is that shortly before this occurred my girlfriend ask me "what happened on the phone last night?" ( because we both fell asleep on the phone). This just happened yesterday. I have an old Samsung phone and my girlfriend has a Razor so I'm certain phone companies don't play a role in this phenomenon.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Hi there, the exact same thing happened to me today, and has been happening for quite a few months off and on.
at first i did think... interference e.t.c. however, the logical explanations presented do not explain the breathing, i too challenged the voice and it became very angry.
For a number of weeks i feel as though i am being watched, i sometimes hear strange noise in the house and my dog (pug) will lose his mind at thin air.
I have heard someone saying my name whilst ive been sleeping...which woke me up. and seen orbs on occasion.

Four years ago i lived in a haunted flat (undoubtedly), i dont feel as though this house is haunted but i am beginning to become more concerned as my 6 yr old tells me of a boy who pulls his sheets off him. i have seen an apparition of the boy beside my bed when i was pregnant with my youngest, he is now four months old.

But the most chilling experience to date happened when my youngest was newborn. I often rang my mother in the middle of the night for support, on this occasion i rang her for a chit chat around 12am. my phone lost it charge and died on me. i put it on charge in my room and got distracted by the baby crying. i forgot to turn it back on. however an hour later i realised that my mum might try ringing back and be worried if my phone was off. i reassured myself that if she were concerned she'd ring the landline. She didnt.
the next morning she called me quite shaken and asked if anyone had stayed that night, to which i replied no!.
she then told me that a man answered my phone. my boyfriend and father to my youngest passed away suddenly last march .
she then said around 1.30 am after ringing a number of times and going straight to voicemail that a man picked up and said "sorry she can't come to the phone, but shes ok..do you want me to pass on a message" then the phone hung up. my mum stated that she could hear children in the background and me saying "shu shu shush" to the baby.
i felt shivers up my spine. i asked he what the man sounded like...she said ..in his 20s, local accent.
my boyfriend died at age 25, we grew up together, same schools, college e.t.c.

my mum would never lie about such a thing happening as she felt my devastation when he passed away. nor would she invent this kind of thing to make me feel better...its just not her style.
i do honestly believe that technology can act as a portal for spirits, demons...
my advice, nothing good comes of provoking. id let it say what it wants (record if poss) tell it you can hear it and your listening. say something like "im surrounded by love and light" (dont know if that will work) and then hang up.
Your not alone
M x

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Sounds like a crossed signal and you had a bad connection. The person on the other line might have been hearing you fine, which is why they were forming sentences, possibly responding to whatever you were saying, but you couldn't hear them properly because the signal was bad. It can sound really weird when this happens, like some sort of weird metallic voice or some such, but it's nothing, just newfangled digital interference or synchronization problems.

Crossed signals, where you accidentally connect with the wrong phone when you are calling someone or someone is calling you is rare, but it does happen. Happened to me a few weeks ago when my friend tried to call me. We each got connected to two other people by mistake.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeInDeath
Sounds like a crossed signal and you had a bad connection. The person on the other line might have been hearing you fine, which is why they were forming sentences, possibly responding to whatever you were saying, but you couldn't hear them properly because the signal was bad. It can sound really weird when this happens, like some sort of weird metallic voice or some such, but it's nothing, just newfangled digital interference or synchronization problems.

Crossed signals, where you accidentally connect with the wrong phone when you are calling someone or someone is calling you is rare, but it does happen. Happened to me a few weeks ago when my friend tried to call me. We each got connected to two other people by mistake.

Old thread (and my first), but yes. That's exactly what it ended up being. Not sure what the technical details were, but if you read my responses I mentioned I'd cross referenced the time stamps from the calls. I've seen a few threads pop up about similar things so my hope is that if anything people can reference this thread (although quite frankly I wish it would get deleted).

It's actually happened to me once since I posted this. I feel a bit foolish having posted it in the first place, but it really was an unsettling sound

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Hey, this has happened to one of my friends before shortly after talking in depth about well...the kind of topics on this site. Ones that could throw up 'red flags' to say the least. To me it sounds like the Men in Black, they are kind of..the paranormal patrols. They don't like when you talk about things like conspiracy and such because they don't want you knowing too much or spreading too much to others. So they will usually interfere and attempt to scare you away from it if you do it extensively.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I have just posted a video on youtube...not sure if I know how to embed or not in the comments, but the weird cell phone noises that some people have posted is what it sounded like.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I have had the same thing has happened to me on two separate occasions. Both times the connection was not ended by myself, ending at different times each connection. On the first occasion my phone call to my mother was "answered" followed by dead silence, heavy breath, then scrambled vocals. On the second occasion I was attempting to call my voice mail. The computer voice was cut off seconds into connection then followed similar case to the first. The breathing was definite, and was spaced much differently then how a human respiratory system would work.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The same thing is happening to all 4 iPhones in the house. Sometimes the call is cut off while the heavy breathing mixed with scrambled vocal sounds cut in. Other times the other party we are talking to are hearing it, as well. The sounds are very creepy, scary and sinister sounding. Reminds me of Mothman Prophecy movie phone calls.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join