It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange cell phone call

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Hi everyone. I'm new to ATS. I'm just a regular guy with an interest in the unexplained/conspiracy theory. I would call myself skeptical in nature, and I believe there's USUALLY a logical explanation for most "unexplained" events, but I'm at a loss for what just happened to me. I figured I'd come here and see if anyone knows of similar cases or has had this happen to them.

The story starts a few months ago. My girlfriend tried to call me on her iphone 3 (8gb, 3g network), and instead of hearing the phone ring, was instantly connected to what can only be described as an alien or demonic voice. She said it spoke to her for a number of minutes. She could hear it breath, and form words and sentences, but she didn't understand what it was saying. She was quite panicked when she phoned me to tell me this. I laughed it off, and insisted someone must be playing a prank on her or that she was hearing static or some kind of interference and that she shouldn't worry about it. She insisted I didn't understand, and I jokingly bugged her about it over the next week. Everything was eventually forgotten.

Fast forward to 20 minutes ago. I went to call her on my Android (it's a galaxy S on a 3g network, and I was calling her on her cell phone. The same phone she had her experience with). Instead of hearing a ring, I was instantly connected to what I can only describe as an "alien" voice. It immediately sent shivers up my spine, as it did not sound human at all. The only way I can describe it, is as very raspy. It seemed to respond to me when I spoke to it, and seemed to be forming words and sentences (none of which I could understand). It also seemed to breath and make sounds kind of like it was inhaling, but then would be COMPLETELY silent in between sounds. No back ground noise, static, etc. It was also very loud when it spoke. I tried saying things like "You're not funny" as well as mimicking the sounds it made (when I mimicked it, it almost seemed to get angry and it's "speech" picked up in intensity).

Now, I'm aware that people can use software to do all kinds of things to their voices. But the odd thing was that in both my girlfriend's case and mine, we weren't called. we PLACED the call (to each other) and didn't hear any ringing. I'm very skeptical and I can't help but feel that I somehow had my line interfered with, but the sound of the voice still bothers me. It was.... well... other worldly and sent shivers down my spine multiple times.

I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar or if anyone can provide a logical explanation for it.

Thank's for your time.

edit on 24-8-2011 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Welcome to the board.

Place the same call and please record the conversation, upload it to a file hosting site and we can take a look at it.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I did exactly this. I called her right back after, and this time the phone rang and my girlfriends 8 year old daughter picked up (my girlfriend was napping). I hate that I didn't record it (my gf said the same thing when it happened to her), but to be honest I was stunned. I was kind of just sitting there listening to it for about 5 minutes before I even tried to speak. That's the best I can do. If it happens again I'll try and get a recording of it but I have my doubts.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I've had a call like that, only I was left a weird voice message like that. Anyhow, welcome to ATS; sounds like you'll fit right in.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Do you guys ever let your friends play with your phones? There are numerous apps for both Android and iPhone that do the prank calls like you both have experienced. It would also make sense that a prank app is being used because there is no ringing and the app takes over and goes straight to the prank call.

I would look on both of your phones for apps that are installed that shouldn't be.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
That's kind of creepy. Can you call an operator or the police and have the call destination traced some how?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Welcome to the boards!
That creeps me out. I think I would have to sleep with all the lights on if that happened to me

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
small detail I forgot to mention: When it happened to my girlfriend, her mother was present and heard it for herself. She was equally disturbed.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Well I'm not sure about her phone, but my phone is new (I just got it 2 weeks ago) and I'm the only one who's used it. I have not downloaded even ONE app. I use it strictly for checking facebook, making phone calls, googling addresses and numbers, and listening to music (my music is stored on an SD card).

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Now I am doubly spooked.
How frightening.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Here's what you do, ring your cellular network provider and ask them to look at your call records for the specific time and date the phone call occurred.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Well then I would suggest checking her phone since this was heard calling to or from her phone. I'd lay money that it is some sort of prank call app or something similar.

But, if you really think you're making contact with some alien or other dimension, then call 60 Minutes.

edit on 24-8-2011 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

I will try and get some information from them and report back with the results.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
ive not had that happene to me but i have had it where i make a call and then it goes to what sounds like its under water then stops then rings but i think its the network what happened to me. star and flag to you

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

I honestly don't think it's her playing a prank. She was very frightened when it happened to her. I just talked to her about it and she is quite disturbed by the fact I had the same experience (albeit months later). I will definitely investigate the possibility of an app or some sort of virus on her phone though that could be the cause.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Hi Op,

X mobile/Cell phone tech here.

In your post you say that the audio you received sounded as though it responded to you.
I am not saying your subjective interpretation did not happen. I just want to diagnose if it was a speaker or signal related issue.
(I have seen many weird things in my 7 years on the bench.)
First of all.

Did it sound like a motorboat or engine? This is the audio processor.
Long shot as this occurred on 2 separate phones statistically speaking not gonna be it.

Did the sound or voice have digital qualities and did the event occur in the same location or area (Tower mixer fault) We call this an intermittent area network fault.

Did you call the person you originally tried to call back and ask them if they had just received a call from you?

Can you please elaborate on the structure of the event sound at all?

Also Humans can cause through their biofield Cell phone and radio interference through biofield resonance.
Here are some examples I filmed.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
This happened to me before and yes I got freaked out, but it was pretty obvious after a while it was a conversation someone was having...

No you couldnt hear the person that this mystery person was saying but you only heard what they transmitted..

I did some research at the time and it turns out especially in high populated ares the signal gets picked up by more than one phone but just doesn't decode properly..yes you hear it very distorted and it can sound non human

Imagine turning on the adult chans on your cable black box in the 90s and getting a scrambled image...

Essentially this is the audio equivalent of a scrambled image.
edit on 24-8-2011 by Krystian because: spelling

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Did the call make it through to her? Did she have a missed call? Does it show on your phone as an outgoing call to her phone number?

Why don't you try to match both of your call records. Your outgoing call should be time stamped with the date and time and the length of the call. Hers should also be.

Then you can see if the phone call even went through or not. If it didn't go through, but records still show that you indeed did call her and there is a time stamp to prove this then well it's very strange!

Oh, and be on the lookout for this happening again and try to record it. If it's happened 2x already it could happen again!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Awesome! Just the sort of person I was hoping to hear from. Responses in bold:

Originally posted by Shirak
Hi Op,

X mobile/Cell phone tech here.

In your post you say that the audio you received sounded as though it responded to you.
I am not saying your subjective interpretation did not happen. I just want to diagnose if it was a speaker or signal related issue.
(I have seen many weird things in my 7 years on the bench.)
First of all.

Did it sound like a motorboat or engine? This is the audio processor.
Long shot as this occurred on 2 separate phones statistically speaking not gonna be it.

Not at all

Did the sound or voice have digital qualities and did the event occur in the same location or area (Tower mixer fault) We call this an intermittent area network fault.

It didn't sound "digital" per say. Just very raspy. My girlfriends experience happened in a city 500km away (we have since moved)

Did you call the person you originally tried to call back and ask them if they had just received a call from you?

yes, I called her back immediately. They did not receive a phone call from me (the first time) and the phone rang as usual. I'll be checking her logs to see if her phone registered the original call

Can you please elaborate on the structure of the event sound at all?

It sounded like a completely different language. But not language in the sense of words, but rather language in the sense of sounds. The voice itself was very loud and raspy, and at times the sound almost seemed as if it was inverted (but not all the time). It's very difficult to describe because it really was like nothing I've ever heard before.

Also Humans can cause through their biofield Cell phone and radio interference through biofield resonance.
Here are some examples I filmed.

It did not sound like this clip at all. I didn't hear anything resembling static.

edit on 24-8-2011 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krystian
This happened to me before and yes I got freaked out, but it was pretty obvious after a while it was a conversation someone was having...

No you couldnt hear the person that this mystery person was saying but you only heard what they transmitted..

I did some research at the time and it turns out especially in high populated ares the signal gets picked up by more than one phone but just doesn't decode properly..yes you hear it very distorted and it can sound non human

Imagine turning on the adult chans on your cable black box in the 90s and getting a scrambled image...

Essentially this is the audio equivalent of a scrambled image.
edit on 24-8-2011 by Krystian because: spelling

Thanks for your input! This was also my first impression when my gf told me about her experience. The skeptic in me says this is what happened to us both. It's just that... well.... the voice was very disturbing. I also find it odd that our descriptions match so well. You would think if it were a random scrambled call, each of us would have heard a different voice (and something more human) instead of the exact same thing. But logic dictates this must be the case!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join