It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Were the Ancient Megalithic Builders?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Very interesting and informative thread.

Some of the first things that popped into my mind while reading it made me think of dogs and their life spans. Usually the bigger the dog the shorter the life span and the smaller the dog the longer the life span. The other thing that popped into my head was the information you put forth on how a lot of the ancient statues and painting seem to depict the Neanderthal.

I'm not sure to if there was interbreeding, but it could definitely be a possibility, once again relating how different dog species can interbreed and create new breeds. Back to my point though, is how it seems these people from these ancient cultures seemed to either lookup to these Neanderthals or maybe even the Neanderthals were the "kings" or "gods" of the day.

If we were to ponder upon the possibility of interbreeding, it would seem maybe the interbreed species were found to be more attractive and the Neanderthal was naturally bread out of existence. Or maybe for other purposes such as during medieval times how royal families were incestuous in order to keep the bloodline intact and they naturally bread themselves out of existence.

One thing I can say is that there are a lot of gaps to fill, as your thread clearly lays out.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I was going to tell you that you have outdone yourself, but I see it has already been said, probably more than once. I admire your writing often and I almost always star and flag, but never really post about it because I usually don't have anything to say that would add to the discussion. This time though, I had to post to let you know how much I appreciate this one. VERY well written and well thought out. I have often thought along the same lines as far as the possibility of the hybrid group that science doesn't exactly recognize, but I never put two and two together and actually considered that these hybrids could be the very builders of the megaliths. In theory, it makes a whole lot of sense! It's a lot to think about it and will change the way I think about things, especially the Maya and other such groups. I'm definitely not an expert, but it seems to me that you are onto something that others in the scientific community should pay attention to.

I like the way your brain works.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

S&F Slayer! Nice work! I have just skimmed so far, but I have saved it for later digestion. You must have more free time on your hands than I do
Keep up the great work!!

J.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
When I joined ats a couple years ago this is the type of thread I gravitated toward. There has been a lack of quality work like this lately. Thanks for bringing it back hardcore.

There were most definitely giants in those days.

I'm not sure about some of the small sculptures of people you presented as being neanderthal hybrids. Most of them just look like poor representations of the human form. The mayan paintings of themselves and also the easter island heads however are almost dead ringers for neanderthals.

I think you may have hit the nail on the head here. I believe the more people look into this, more proof will come to light that history may have went down exactly like you have laid out.

Thank you for curing my boredom for a while !!

Strict..

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze
Nice thread mate, its odd, a lot of the design in housing and even standing stones is similar to those in sites in Orkney. Sorta see an obvious trend, anyway dunno if you know about this legend, but its a good read and ties in with what your sayin, maybe.

en.wikipedia.org...

Actually I haven't heard of it.
I appreciate the feedback and thanks for the heads up.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
Hey I found your next post I guess. Ok I will read it this weekend!!! And see if it makes sense to me. It looks good from what I scanned lolz. I'll write a better response later.

OK cool. I hope you'll enjoy.
It took me some time to find the right images.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Over load, to much to try and take in one sitting. Not quite half way there. But I'll get it all down. Mind boggling Slay. Snf Try to find something to dispute with you later.

Garsh I love this subject.

Take it easy on me.
I'm getting brittle in my old age.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Thanks for the read slayer, this is definitely my thread of the week. Nice work!

Will have to have a better read of it before I offer anything constructive......Cheers mate

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
damn....double post.

edit on 24-8-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake
Great detail and comparison, so much to look into and great how it wraps up too! Close to how I view it all, we just don't know but every day we find a little more insight on what the missing link might be.
Had to compliment, no gotta go back to reading.

Yeah I tried my best to get as much as possible in but it got to a point where it was just impossible to cover it completely in just one thread.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Fantastic.

Yet again I see more evidence. The details are there for all to see.

Did you get a chance to read those Terra papers? They tie a lot of this together.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Wow, what a wonderful thread!

I've always questioned our evolutionary path and since that missing link hasn't been found yet, it's open for speculation. Plus, the Cro-Magnon man has always intrigued me and you pretty much put the pieces together. I'm studying to become an Anthropologist, so hopefully I'll be able to find something essential related to our past. It's late and I have class in the morning. I'll add my 2 cents later today -it's just so interesting seeing the variety of phenotypical traits among modern and ancient man.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Dear SLAYER69,

I cannot tell you how happy I am to see another post by you. It is late and I don't have the time to read it so I bookmarked it, something to enjoy this weekend while taking my time. The pictures you choose are always stunning and I always learn something. Thank you for sharing with us again.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Excellent thread Slayer..I can see you put alot of time into this i enjoyed every minute of reading your thread and looking at all the pictures i think this is your best thread ever.. thank you..S&F peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

I just want to say wonderful job, very valid and plausible ideas. I don't know what your current profession is but I think you should get into an anthropology department at some major university and submit this very information into a scholarly paper that challenges them and send copies to the scholarly journals until it is published...This idea deserves more investigation.

U outdid your self as always...just super impressed.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Slamdunk, SLAYER69.

I totally agree. I think they were smarter than we are and were probably neurologically geared to physiologically appreciate a different energetic paradigm at a 'time' when the Earth was different than it is now.

Killer thread; the image collection is stunning.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
Excellent thread Slayer..I can see you put alot of time into this i enjoyed every minute of reading your thread and looking at all the pictures i think this is your best thread ever.. thank you..S&F peace,sugarcookie1

You're telling me I should retire?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide

Thanks for the read slayer, this is definitely my thread of the week. Nice work!

Will have to have a better read of it before I offer anything constructive......Cheers mate

As always I look forward to your perspective.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

When discussing the Ancient Jomon many have their opinions [Usually Based on modern day nationalistic values] as to their source of origin. Below is a map showing how the Chinese view their possible migration. I'll point out that In My Opinion the Chinese are demonstrating their usual "Chinese version of events" If you'll notice how they attempt to show their migration to Japan that completely bypasses mainland China?

That over simplistic [Nationalistic Chinese] view of events seems ridiculous to me. During the period in question there were no national boundaries. No artificial lines drawn on maps. This is a period in time way before even ancient China existed. It seems to me that if there were an ancient group of fairly sophisticated builders that they would have migrated as they saw fit. Following along rivers to the oceans and hunting along animal migration routes etc. I suspect they took a route through what is modern day Vietnam/Laos out to the now submerged area in South East Asia.

This map is in Japanese... would a japanese map reflect a nationalistic chinese view?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
What if, just what if?

Real history is more like the Flintstones than any of us really imagined?

What if they used dinosaurs to lift those stones?

Hey, it's not impossible. Although it appears rather improbable, there is still a slight chance that could be what happened. In fact, I really like the hypothesis because it's out of the box and explains the mystery in a simple straight-forward fashion.

Also take into consideration all of the anomalous artifacts found with depictions of dinosaurs on them. There just might be something to the Flintstones after all!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join