It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Were the Ancient Megalithic Builders?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

UNTIL you tell them "well, if the last Ice Age ended about 12,000 years ago, and humans were living in caves at the time, why are there STONE CITIES showing advanced architectural techniques being dated to 17,000 BC?

Normally shuts them up for a while.

Who shuts up? The untutored individuals who spouts unevidenced statements told to them by fringe websites? If so then you are right.

I suspect you are speaking of Posnansky misguided comment; here is a challenge for you, if that is the city you were told to believe is '17,000' years old, please tell us how Posnansky came up with that date?

Oh, if you please tell us too about the evil conspiracy - when did it start and whose running it?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

UNTIL you tell them "well, if the last Ice Age ended about 12,000 years ago, and humans were living in caves at the time, why are there STONE CITIES showing advanced architectural techniques being dated to 17,000 BC?

Who shuts up? The untutored individuals who spouts unevidenced statements told to them by fringe websites? If so then you are right.

I suspect you are speaking of Posnansky misguided comment; here is a challenge for you, if that is the city you were told to believe is '17,000' years old, please tell us how Posnansky came up with that date?

Oh, if you please tell us too about the evil conspiracy - when did it start and whose running it?

Hatpins back in our handbags girls!
You must appreciate that there are many of us on these boards who are not as well versed on this subject as yourself or the well informed 'Harte' for example. Until such time as we are corrected by posters like your good self, we believe that what we have read to be true and written by people who are well-informed on the subject. We then find out that there are oceans of information that we did not know existed.
I read the writings of one Zecharia Sitchin (and his disciple, Lloyd Pye) and believed what he wrote as he was (in his own words) an expert on the Sumerian language and had University degree's on the subject only to be gently informed by 'Harte' (someone I have come to have the utmost respect and admiration for) that Sitchin was no such thing and he gave me other sites and views by recognized and qualified experts in this field.
Have a little patience with those of us who are not as enlightened as yourself 'Hanslune'. We appreciate being corrected and learn by our mistakes and in many cases we can agree to disagree without being disagreeable.
I am sure 'babybunnies' would have appreciated a more educational explanation rather than a 'slap in the face'.
Have a nice day my friend.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzTiger

Hatpins back in our handbags girls!
You must appreciate that there are many of us on these boards who are not as well versed on this subject as yourself or the well informed 'Harte' for example. Until such time as we are corrected by posters like your good self, we believe that what we have read to be true and written by people who are well-informed on the subject. We then find out that there are oceans of information that we did not know existed.
I read the writings of one Zecharia Sitchin (and his disciple, Lloyd Pye) and believed what he wrote as he was (in his own words) an expert on the Sumerian language and had University degree's on the subject only to be gently informed by 'Harte' (someone I have come to have the utmost respect and admiration for) that Sitchin was no such thing and he gave me other sites and views by recognized and qualified experts in this field.
Have a little patience with those of us who are not as enlightened as yourself 'Hanslune'. We appreciate being corrected and learn by our mistakes and in many cases we can agree to disagree without being disagreeable.
I am sure 'babybunnies' would have appreciated a more educational explanation rather than a 'slap in the face'.

All that good stuff about me, yet no admonishment for my ravaging of the poster's naive beliefs? I'm feeling left out (but, thanks to your kind words, not unappreciated - thanks.)

You showing favoritism? LOL

Did you catch the attitude of the poster - saying naysayers "shut up" when you spout a complete falsehood?
Strange position for someone named "babybunnies," wouldn't you say? LOL

Oz, how many times have you read here the rebuttal of Posnanski's date for Tiwanaku?

We get tired of having to do that.

Can't somebody come up with some new bogus claim for us? That way, we won't get so frustrated.

It's like beating your head against a brick wall. Maybe me and Hans are closet masochists.

Harte

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Nah! You sometimes go 'over the top' but I acknowledge that it is pure frustration. An old workmate of mine, when he couldn't get his message through, would always declare "You can't educate idiots" and walk away.
I am still amazed at the number of theories regarding the building of Khufu's Pyramid whilst totally ignoring what is, imo, the soundest theory of all (the interior ramp) by Jean-Pierre Houdin. There is a video and book explaining this in great detail.
I would consider this to be in relation to this thread and wonder what your opinion was Harte?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

It started with organized religion destroying any written histories which contradicted their religious teachings.

There is an awful lot of guessing going on, and an educated guess is still just a guess.

I've read in more than one place that carbon dating loses accuracy after ~1,000 years. It's like the giant structure off the coast of Japan. They say it is 12,000 years old because thats when it was covered with water. So they are assuming it was built, then flooded right away.

It could have been thousands of years old before it was flooded.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

It started with organized religion destroying any written histories which contradicted their religious teachings.

They missed alot and Christianity got late into the destruction of other religions literature, the same with Islam they tried but didn't succeed. The Christian had no idea that Sumer existed or that there were records there. The Islamist failed to destroy the Hindu or Buddhist religions but almost destroyed the Zorocastrians. Both the Christians and Islamist rather sloppily tried to do away with the AE culture but failed again

There is an awful lot of guessing going on, and an educated guess is still just a guess.

That's why there is a need for more information, the search for more information will continue

[quoteI've read in more than one place that carbon dating loses accuracy after ~1,000 years.

Probably from a creationist source, it does but there are ways to correct it -which is well understood - however AFAIK nothing has been found to date which is associated with the rocks

[quote It's like the giant structure off the coast of Japan. They say it is 12,000 years old because thats when it was covered with water. So they are assuming it was built, then flooded right away.

Well no there is a natural formation (that may have been modified by man) which was covered by water about (debated) from 2,000 to 8,000 years ago. No supporting culture has been found except for a neolithic one on the island

edit on 17/3/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This video is so interesting:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I'm glad to see many still discussing the topic.

Interesting perspectives.
Thank you.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzTiger
reply to post by Harte

Nah! You sometimes go 'over the top' but I acknowledge that it is pure frustration. An old workmate of mine, when he couldn't get his message through, would always declare "You can't educate idiots" and walk away.
I am still amazed at the number of theories regarding the building of Khufu's Pyramid whilst totally ignoring what is, imo, the soundest theory of all (the interior ramp) by Jean-Pierre Houdin. There is a video and book explaining this in great detail.
I would consider this to be in relation to this thread and wonder what your opinion was Harte?

IMO, there's no question ramps were used (there is evidence of ramps used to raise the stones from the quarry and evidence of exterior ramps around other pyramids.)

An internal ramp is one way to do it. I think that Houdin has shown some very strong evidence for his theory, but it has yet to be proven.

I'm waiting for the proof, which should come out at some point if the theory is correct. After all, it wouldn't take too much to find an interior ramp, and it wouldn't cause any exterior damage to the GP to find it.

Harte

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

I think the internal ramp theory is probably the best explanation IMHO. Now the proof. If true that means there are still locations within the Great pyramid and the second to be discovered and explored.

A find of that magnitude after all these centuries would be amazing.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by OzTiger

I don't know you have taken the time as of yet to read through the material I've presented in this thread.

How they Built the Great Pyramid of Egypt

I cover the internal ramp theory and a couple of others as well...

Enjoy.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Hey Slayer, sorry for going totally off topic but who is the statue in your avatar? It is driving me nuts - keep thinking Greek but looks Persian!

ETA:

Ignore that, showing different avatar now!.
edit on 23-3-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

It's all good and semi related.

Enjoy....

PEACE

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Yes H's internal ramp does answer a number of questions and if mated with conventional ramps at the start would provide a workable method to build the pyramid.

Harte how do you think they can 'prove' this theory without dismantling part of the exterior?
edit on 23/3/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Yes H's internal ramp does answer a number of questions and if mated with conventional ramps at the start would provide a workable method to build the pyramid.

Harte how do you think they can 'prove' this theory without dismantling part of the exterior?

There's at least one "chamber" on one of the corners about halfway up that could provide access, if some stone inside were removed.

This "chamber" could be one of the open spots left until the end of construction which would facilitate turning the stones around the corners.

Could be, I emphasize.

Harte

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Ah yes, thanks I remember that now from a discussion on the other board with kmt

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
you posted very different buildings from very different ages, so no answer will fit to all of them.
- The apanese Yonaguni is said to be a rather natural site that man-build say archeologists.
But its not the question if its completely man-build or half natural. One can clearly see that Yonaguni was used
for ceremonial porposes.
- Huge, massive blocks like the ones from Baalbek you posted are quite unbelievable to transport even
with 1000 carriers..
- the standing stones could be left overs from the ice age, natural though.

cheers

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Didn't someone use radar on the pyramids, in the last couple of years, and I believe that it showed the possible internal ramp. And there are substantial voids in the pyramid and I remember see an interview with an Egyptologist who witnessed a local animal like a badger or such go into a gap in the stones and came out from one of the corner holes

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by punkinworks10

Didn't someone use radar on the pyramids, in the last couple of years, and I believe that it showed the possible internal ramp. And there are substantial voids in the pyramid and I remember see an interview with an Egyptologist who witnessed a local animal like a badger or such go into a gap in the stones and came out from one of the corner holes

Report here

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I believe they were simply human.

Nothing more.

<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join