It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Were the Ancient Megalithic Builders?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

This is why it is possible that homo sapiens sapiens actually disappeared from the world of Neanderthal, instead of vice versus, as we perceive it when relying on timeline. We entered into a bubble of our own perception, using emotion and idea as basic building block for this world, while Neanderthals, or other humans, refused to do that.

Nope not possible but nice word salad!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

This is why it is possible that homo sapiens sapiens actually disappeared from the world of Neanderthal, instead of vice versus, as we perceive it when relying on timeline. We entered into a bubble of our own perception, using emotion and idea as basic building block for this world, while Neanderthals, or other humans, refused to do that.

Nope not possible but nice word salad!

I remember how this was nicely done in a movie by Monty Python guys, "Eric the Viking". All of them Vikings, but one, have to fight sea serpents, various mythology enemies and monsters, they can see Doors of Valhalla - but this one guy, who is a Christian, and who keeps asking: "Where? Where? I don't see anything! There are no huge stone doors here, look, I can walk through it!"

Test your friends and see how this works. Ask them what causes 4 seasons... You will realize many of them live in an impenetrable bubble. They just don't see.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Sorry still meaningless strings of words with no content. Instead of trying to sound mystical just state what you are trying to communicate - if anything. LOL
edit on 31/8/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Sorry still meaningless strings of words with no content. Instead of trying to sound mystical just state what you are trying to communicate - if anything. LOL
edit on 31/8/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

Seriously, Hanslune, what is the purpose of the Great Pyramid and when and how exactly was it built?
Give me a 100% accurate answer and I'll take my straw hat off before you.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Hans, what he is saying is no word salad. It is a fairly profound idea that what we call "reality" is only the human version of reality as a concept. Your reality is inextricably linked to the common reality of your culture, and of Earth.

Part of that reality relates to all things Christian, for example. If your average atheist has trouble shaking off the "programming" that arises from cultural perceptions.

What DD is discussing is more related to philosophy and consciousness. But that is a major missing piece in the anthropological puzzle, IMO.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Hans, what he is saying is no word salad. It is a fairly profound idea that what we call "reality" is only the human version of reality as a concept. Your reality is inextricably linked to the common reality of your culture, and of Earth.

Part of that reality relates to all things Christian, for example. If your average atheist has trouble shaking off the "programming" that arises from cultural perceptions.

What DD is discussing is more related to philosophy and consciousness. But that is a major missing piece in the anthropological puzzle, IMO.

Look at this, very interesting:

Buddha - he concluded that life itself is the consequence of ignorance. Life is a very bad thing and if one follows the promise of life, he will end up in a vicious circle, finding no real existential solution (Samsara, birth-death-rebirth and so on). The most common misconception about Buddhism is that "compassion" is a feeling, while compassion in a Buddhist sense is "understanding" and therefore acting from knowledge, not from emotional conditioning.
Another misconception, related to this, is that Buddhism is about saving life. On the contrary, it is about saving FROM life.

Jesus - Leave all possessions and follow me (into the Other World). What's this got to do with acquiring possessions and disregarding the poor, as is common among Christians? Totally opposite from what Christ taught.

Socrates - in Plato's Phaedo, Death of Socrates, - Socrates tells his friends that a philosopher is all about death, rather than life.

Shakespeare - In Tempest, Prospero says he will now devote every third of his thoughts to death...

Descartes - Cogito ergo sum - in my opinion, "cogito" is wrongly and tendentiously translated as "thinking". Cogito is "knowing", while in Descartes' Meditations, thinking is a give-away effect of analytical activity, not the analytical tool itself. He proves in his Meditations that there is nothing outside us, no information at all. This is in accordance with Buddha, who claimed that "what we see is the eye itself". Our senses produce "the world".
Modern science also has no proof that anything outside us comes to our senses. That we behave as it does, is a practical matter, but not scientific truth.

Castaneda - this guy is a 100% Buddhist. An ingenious writer and philosopher who gave many useful and practical definitions on how we perceive and what it really means.

In my own experience, I have concluded that there is no solution in life - solution for social and personal problems. We can start as many revolutions as we wish, there is an immanent evil in life itself and only abandoning the conditioning that we call life we can find out where our origin lies. All societies get corrupted. It has been said that authority corrupts and that absolute authority corrupts absolutely - we are all aware of that. Why then we still think (think!) that is somehow possible to overcome corruption and "evil" (which is simply STUPID) in the same historical medium of society?

This is how I see DEATH.
This is not my dogma, just a practical thing.
Since we are absolutely determined with our experience and cannot go against it, it constitutes our true personality. Personality characteristically, can grow, it can acquire more knowledge, it accumulates, and what knowledge it has - that is what it IS.

We have all noticed that this civilization is a complex system of protocols which prevents people from freely acquiring knowledge, and even makes them hate knowledge, or pay dearly. This is because knowledge destroys ignorance and all it stands for - knowledge is literally DEATH of ignorance and all forms that pretend to be (live), therefore knowledge is deadly for the authorities, corrupted people, who can only hope that "eternal life" will ensure their dirty secrets will never be debunked and so they will avoid "punishment".

TOWER OF BABEL is one building of ancient era, of which we know from the Bible. ToB was an attempt to connect people and teach them to speak the same language and share all knowledge. Jealous gods decided to destroy this tower, because they were afraid common people will become like them.

The destruction of ToB is an ongoing affair, as I have already said. This is best expressed in the terror of the idea of "copyright" which is trying to choke everyone and everywhere.

One question:
Is the Great Pyramid mentioned in the Bible? If it is, then it's definitely less than 6.000 years old

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

the immanent evil in our lifes! what a mystery that is. but I embrace it, not abandon it, to find my origins.

I perceive this immanent evil that shows its ugly face just about everywhere to be my stepping stones to alter myself. I perceive the acts of Uranus raping Gaia and Gaia castrating Uranus as the original sins. a sign of this immanent evil.

difficulties are given to us not to be squashed by them but so we learn. not linear, nor pyramidical but …… digital? I don’t know the words here - so we become also omnipresent.

but by embracing and loving my ancestors and appreciating their efforts to eliminate evil behaviour I also would like to contribute to get a step further to leave my soul behind as a better place for all of us. the life process is to eliminate everything that is unlike love. on the pursuit of this we activate our potential, which is to recognize our God-like state. a turning us inside out, from evil to success, from dark to light. from decay to growth. to change from a ‘no’ saying entity to a ‘yes’ saying one.

eventually Gaia and Uranus living in us their cildren, will love each other.

the only revolution worth having is the one within myself, imho.

I hope I made sense, because I’m in a rush. again.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Tomb found at Stonehenge quarry site

www.bbc.co.uk...

The Carn Menyn site in the Preseli Hills is where the bluestones used to construct the first stone phase of the henge were quarried in 2300BC.

The link between the Welsh site and Stonehenge was first suggested by the geologist Herbert Thomas in 1923.

www.megalithic.co.uk...
Remember when I said on another topic look into the writings and discoveries of the older experts on these subjects, they knew more than we give them credit for, and we are getting farther from the truth.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Now I'm not saying they are "Giants" nor do I agree with the below linked thread premise but it does address a "height" difference. If these crossbreed/hybrids were taller than average for the period [more so than the rest of the people in the region] it would have been reflected in their art IMO [In theory]. There is no way of knowing how "short" the shorter people were. They could have been on average 5'+.

Ancient forearm bone from Tall Man found at archaeological site in Okinawa:

Researchers have unearthed an ancient forearm bone from the Mabuni Hantabaru archeological site in Itoman, Okinawa Prefecture, believed to be from a Jomon period male roughly 169 centimeters tall -- much taller than the average for the period.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/10ac8d91caf6.jpg[/atsimg]

Also wasn't Lord Pakal said to be rather tall compared to the average height of the people?
He is often referenced as such. But I've never found [Maybe you could help me out here] found out exactly how tall he really was. Again, I'm not saying he was a "Giant" just taller than average for the period. Also he shows many facial attributes that were discussed in the OP.

Here is an example of his mummy and mask.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/53f9e4a579fd.jpg[/atsimg]

keeping with the premise of this thread they had a rather unique way of portraying themselves. Again, Sloping forehead, Slight brow ridge, Larger than average nose and a weak chin etc.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a2d1071a166e.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c48a0183cb8b.jpg[/atsimg]

So from looking at it from this perspective they needn't have been "Giants" per say, just taller than the average person couple with increase in strength. Neanderthal on average was shorter than modern man.
edit on 1-9-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Tomb found at Stonehenge quarry site

www.bbc.co.uk...

The Carn Menyn site in the Preseli Hills is where the bluestones used to construct the first stone phase of the henge were quarried in 2300BC.

The link between the Welsh site and Stonehenge was first suggested by the geologist Herbert Thomas in 1923.

www.megalithic.co.uk...
Remember when I said on another topic look into the writings and discoveries of the older experts on these subjects, they knew more than we give them credit for, and we are getting farther from the truth.

After I've seen Isamo Noguchi sculptures (big stones) at Venice Biennial some 20+ years ago, I don't exclude possibility that some groups of these standing stones and rocks are pure work of art.

I haven't been at megalithic sites exactly, but I've seen some other ancient sites like Mycenae and Tyrint at Peloponnese, or Delphi, and and the impact from just being there is great. The same kind of impact one gets from great work of art.

It's not just that Earth can have natural "power places", man can also produce them. Producing energy in such a way could be a long forgotten, or not so forgotten technology, only ignored by official science and social engineering.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Thanks for the information.
Great link.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

"We are like amnesiacs struggling to make sense out of our modern lives and our collective history."--Forbidden History

Slayer. I finally read your post and understand why you pointed me in this direction. You may have found the missing link that many of us ancient alien theorists are searching for. However, do you not see the resemblance of modern depictions of aliens and the elongated heads that you mentioned? Were they aliens? As mentioned in popular culture. Or is modern man simply remembering who are ancient Gods were.

You know what you may have just solved another mystery that humans are not really understand. The Mystery of Alien Abductions.

In many abduction scenarios the abductee is thrown onto a "hospital bed" or cold hard slab and is paralyzed in fear. We see, "the Greys," in our dreams and visions. The Greys could be projections of our ancient ancestors who may be exactly what you are talking about. We could be sub-consciously awakening to the fact that our "gods" and leaders back in the day were not little grey aliens, but in fact cross-bred humans. Due to advances in technology and how much our world is controlled by it, we are always thinking about technology in our minds. Emailing, calling, facebooking, ATS lolz. We should wonder if this has an impact on our minds and if technology will be forever linked into our sub-conscious. This awakening and self-realization could have been horrible damaged by technology.

Looks eerily similar to mummification to me! The people standing over you, cold slab, paralysis (wrapping) etc....

I fully support this theory and will link you to my alien abduction theory once I write it all down and how it really connects to all this.

However one has to wonder, where did the stronger neanderthals go? Why did they die off, since it goes against all the theory of evolution teaches.

As soon as you started comparing the skulls and features about the Ancient Europeans I automatically thought of Patrick Stewart!!! Good call!

You Know I fully support the theory that we are just beginning to understand our ancient and complicated past. It can't possibly be a linear progression. It's not now! In America we live in the most advanced country in the world, but there are many cultures that live in complete poverty. And still others that we are just beginning to discover.

edit on 4-9-2011 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoghead cheese
reply to post by Wolfenz

I know about this guy, I remember seeing this earlier this year. The funny thing is that doesn't this guy look like he could easily fit at a neanderthal
. But he's super strong and able to tap into more muscle energy. And your correct, Puma Punku and it's Diarite megalithic structures with precise carving (I still say machining) and other large and complicated structures. Even if they had the super strength they had to have used their knowledge and made tools to build these things and machine it. And another thing as one OP (I believe Slayer but could have been someone else) said, function follows form. Why build with these massive stones and do all this just by just muscling it into place if possible. I mean if they had the ability to think out how to place and cut (Diarite) large blocks and do it over and over and align it to astronomical formations and also know precession, why just muscle it? They had a technology and/or knowledge that made it easy for them to move and cut (in some cases melt) stone as easy as if a plasma torch or a CNC was doing it.

exactly---there IS an ancient monolith/builder culture that was out there...and some of the knowledge was passed on to egypt and to rome. most likely the greed flood destroyed the main impetus.

its so obvious to see. just so happens all those secret societies are connected to middle east and rome whether freemasons, eh masons, or what have you

doesn't matter if neanthderthals were builders due to strength..the cuts and precision are unreal

where are the tools. show us the tools that did this

oh wait they can't otherwise there would be now power anymore once secrets are known

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoghead cheese

Originally posted by Mad Simian
Ok, I could have sworn I'd posted a reply. I know I wrote it yesterday...thought I'd hit the button...but, alas, 'tis not here. Argh! I guess I'll have to redo it all.
The good thing is that, in the meantime, I thought of a few other things that would support my take on this so I guess there is a silver lining. lol

First, as always, you've asked the right question and proceeded to present your case in a thoughtful and well-educated manner. Kudos for that. However, I have one thing that I think you should consider.

Could some of these sites actually be pure neanderthal or, at the least, have pure neanderthal origins and were later copycatted and/or added on to by homo sapiens and/or your hypothesized hybrid? In recent years, new finds and studies about their abilities in art, music and and stone tool making seem to imply that neanderthanls were as smart as homo sapiens or so nearly so that the difference wouldn't matter.

Venus figurines wiki
Are Upper Paleolithic blade cores more productive than Middle Paleolithic discoidal cores? A replication experiment
Neanderthal Flute

And, if they had the knowledge, smarts, industriousness and want to create all these, I don't think it's too far out of the question that building megalithic structures was within their capabilities. What do you think?

I've made comment earlier about the idea that we as a people are hiding evidence that neanderthals where behind much of the older and to be blunt about it precise megalithic structures. And it's real easy to see why it could happen. Imagine you as a tribe and others going around and always seeing massive structures constructed or half way done being built by individuals that had the strength and increased intelligence to figure out how to move and cut large stone. Here's something to consider and I hinted about it, what if Neanderthals where our masters or rulers etc.. Something happened that killed off the megafauna 14,000 years ago (it may have been the ice age reversing but who knows). So what if the Neanderthals had a civilization going strong back 20,000 tto 30,000 years ago. They built the megalithic structures, did precise and I say machining work on stones and moved these massive stones like it was a brick (either by brute strength and/or technolgy). They may have even had the ability to sail the oceans at the time. And to add one more to this, the neanderthal where telepathic (I know but bear with me). What where we doing? We worked for them also we lived away from them in fear of the mean of strength and knowledge, GIANTS of men. And so we didn't have a concise history of the homosapiens because the neanderthals where the ones on top (ever wonder why in gods name this species couldn't hang with us), and we where at the bottom.

And then 14,000 to 18,000 years ago something (flood yes but maybe a stellar event) knocked their fledgeling civilization back to day one (remember the bible and it saying that god sent the flood to wipe out the giants). And so these neanderthals where few in number (the survivors) and so they couldn't bring back the old world and slowly died out and also interbreeded with homosapiens. Thats another hit to the ego as Slayer said, knowing that it wasn't us that did the building of the megalithic structures, it was the neanderthals and neanderthal/homo hybrids.

now that IS what i'm talking about!!! imagine if the neantherthal was on top..they were the giants of old, etc

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I think the nephilim are the ones who constructed te monliths of mysteriouse origin an not to mention the pyramids

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

I agree with you, we as humans/homosapiens have surrounded ourselves in a bubble of our reality and we go through life expanding this bubble of perceived reality at the expense of other realities. All these stories that we are told and read in the bible and old manuscripts that we say is made up or make believe may have a ring of truth to them. We have pushed and ignored and obfuscated the obvious as oddities or unusual. Because we as a society have been pushed into this thinking by the powerful and the elite (who know damn well what the true history is) and also religion and academia. As you said they have to continue the lie not just because they want to stay in power (which is a big thing), but to escape the repercussions of their actions and beliefs. If the populace knew that everything they have been taught is not only wrong but dead wrong, they would lose it. How dare they persecute people during the ages who written about the true history of this planet only to be burned at the stake (literally) or ridiculed. And also there may be a shame to our history, a dirty secret. A secret that maybe the Neanderthal or hybrids of them where hunted down by our kind to destroy them because of jealousy or breaking their rule whatever.

I still say that some sort of cosmic or geological event destroyed that first world.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Kain killing his brother Abel and then God not punishing him - this one really stinks.
Like Freud wrote in his book, Moses and Monotheism - it is obvious from the Bible that Jews killed Moses and tried to conceal it.
Yes, history is a bag filled with crimes, but we are allowed to see just the creamy sugarcoating of fine art monuments.
Well, we know better than that!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
i think our ancestors mastered a way of using soundwaves to move large objects, think of Baalbek or Stonehenge. Too bad the knowledge has been lost.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Picollo30

I agree somewhat.
But we have to find proof and physical evidence.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Picollo30

I agree somewhat.
But we have to find proof and physical evidence.

what about coral castle in FL? did that dude have the ancient building secret?

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join