It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Were the Ancient Megalithic Builders?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

You know I've gone over the whole "Advanced Ancient Civilization Theory" for years.

What I always come away with is a completely way the hell outside the box theory [even by my standards] if they were truly advanced they wouldnt have needed or created crude micro chip devices or power plants with power poles and generators etc etc etc [Nonrenewable polluting Explosive energy] That's modern mans baggage and present limitations, they IMO would have had a much greater understanding of how the real world works.

Harmonics, magnetics and yet to be discovered forces and energies that are all naturally occurring globally that would not leave such a destructive foot print. [Which is why we don't find their junk yards]. They IMO would have been much more in tune with nature and would have made a very enlightened choice at the earliest point in their development to avoid such destructive applications of science.

This could be why we only find "Naturally occurring building materials" They knew how to use it's properties to it's fullest extent without needing our present day artificial material and the very destructive manufacturing processes that goes with them. Now, having said that. Maybe, Just maybe these "Fantastic tales told in myths and legends" should be looked at from a fresh non scientifically biased stance?

edit on 30-8-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
Everyone has noted

...everyone?...
...wow!...
...maybe i should shave my legs and put on something super sexy since EVERYONE is so obsessed with little ol goofy me...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks

Originally posted by Harte
Everyone has noted

...everyone?...
...wow!...
...maybe i should shave my legs and put on something super sexy since EVERYONE is so obsessed with little ol goofy me...

Well, at least you decided not to make fun of my grammar while still refusing to face up to the original question.

Harte

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The first thought that occurred when I saw that "strong man" bending pans and wrenches, was: Must be some kind of vibration! It reminded me of those pneumatic drills used to break concrete and asphalt.

So, we have a living example how different calibration of energy (we saw that the examining team had to change calibration of their benchmark) produces stronger muscles and overall distribution of energy in an organism. Why wouldn't such approach be possible skipping some energy consuming inventions of our age, which are absolutely invented to use lots of energy with less effectiveness just so this energy consumption can be taxed, instead of being utilized in a better way?

Denial of existence of much better engineering and energy machines and generators is obvious. Corporations buy those inventions and bury them to never be used.

I say, because the philosophy of life and society in older times was/could have been totally opposite to today's denial based ideology of "fear for survival".

When I was once watching a TV show on prehistoric man, there was a talk about energy using, and how homo habilis or homo erectus used hand axes to break bones to get the nutritious marrow or brains. However, there was also a talk about how using fire was crucial because thermally treated food is more nutritious and easier to chew. But one illogical and inconsistent statement slipped by: it was stated that chewing raw meat would prolong eating as well as usage of energy. It occurred to me that people who knew how to use hand axe to break bones, most certainly knew how to use them to mince the tough meat and make a tartar steak - why was this inefficient chewing detail imposed by the authors of the theory?

Here appears that we are attacking science, but it is more like we are attacking "official"quasi scientific attitude which has one sole purpose - to justify present social egomaniac rule which has been imposed on us by naked force. They are trying to do everything to make us believe that prehistoric men were stupid brutes who fought about resources, just like we do today (take present day Libyan "uprising" , where MSM is trying to ignore and hide the fact that it is French Foreign Legion, British SAS and American Oklahoman Butter Growers who have taken control of Muad Dib's Libya...
).

The above applies to justification of present day "democracy" while we all know that it is fascism what is going on, constitutions are suspended, Sarkozy and Merkel are trying to establish control over the rest of Europe, God knows what is really going on in America... We have modern day monuments which are very much like those ancient structures or monoliths - Washington obelisk, many enormous statues in former USSR built to glorify Stalin and victory in WWII, etc. We don't bother to question how those were build, and we know why. Why not apply the same logic? Standing stones could have celebrated some political/military victory. Maybe they had some kind of Olympic contest in those times.

Recently, I was reading Hercules tasks. First thing that occurred to me was that Hercules could have easily been a Neanderthal. He was certainly physically strong and liked to wrestle! Neanderthals liked to wrestle with wild animals, there are many cracked and then healed bones which approve this theory.

I focused on Hercules because i was trying to determine whether there are some indications of very old times and Neanderthals in ancient legends. Several things are pretty clear depicted in Hercules Tasks:

Cleaning stables is clearly an engineering project of urban canalization (he changed the course of a river and cleaned the stables). it's just that, nothing mysterious about it.

Traveling around Mediterranean in several of his Tasks is clearly mapping the territory.

The story of Cretan bull is about political factions and civil war. Check it out. It has to be that. Politics is clearly reflected in marriage of "cows" and "bulls"...

Wherever Hercules goes, he wrestles. He wrestles to death some God sons, tribal leaders, there is another political upheaval, with the Amazonian (someone created a diversion and caused slaughtering) although it was not Hercules who caused it.

When Hercules goes to fetch Gerion's cattle, there is actually a story of domesticating cows, along with mapping northern Mediterranean, from Iberia to Black sea.

Nightmare - "night mares", wild cannibalistic horses - this could be a very fresh memory of dealing with wild life, or worse, a human cannibalism ... This expression exists in most languages in Europe.

Hercules fight with centaur - it is like he was fighting cavemen, who used rocks, and Hercules had a help of an arrow-man - new technology against old technology. Again, I see here a reminiscence of historical advance told in such a manner as is Hercules' Task.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Bull fighting, rodeo, wrestling, boulder throwing. I'm 90% sure these were favorite Neanderthal sports

Hercules is very interesting as a type of prehistoric times, apart from the above mentioned examples, also because he was typically wearing a lion skin and was armed with cudgel - definitely a pre-metal and a pre-textile technology man.

Here is another interesting observation. Odysseus, after he finished his journey and done everything, TRANSFORMS into Hercules and leaves for Hyperborean lands. He puts lion skin and grabs a cudgel. He, actually, transcends to heavens, as Hercules did, and it is a SPIRITUAL move and continuation to his deeds.

Odysseus adventures are by all means a compilation of very old philosophy told like stories. It is clear from this example that prehistoric people had very strong philosophical attitude with goals very different from ours today - they wanted to transcend to higher levels of existence. This question needs to be addressed by science, but we'll probably have to do that on our own, because science is financed by materialist political manipulators which would never allow this truth to come forward.

Ancient man was a transcending man and did not bother much with today's values. Something happened and changed this course. I strongly believe that it is the weak of the mind who are concerned with survival and they have created this survivalist ideology that is today a dominating brainwashing force.

edit on 30-8-2011 by DangerDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath
The first thought that occurred when I saw that "strong man" bending pans and wrenches, was: Must be some kind of vibration! It reminded me of those pneumatic drills used to break concrete and asphalt.

In neither case is a vibration being used to accomplish anything.

Yes, a jackhammer vibrates. That's only because it takes a lot of hits to break concrete, not because of any vibration or frequency thereof.

Denial of existence of much better engineering and energy machines and generators is obvious. Corporations buy those inventions and bury them to never be used.

By this logic, nothing ever improves.

So, hows that 8086 processor working out for ya?

When I was once watching a TV show on prehistoric man, there was a talk about energy using, and how homo habilis or homo erectus used hand axes to break bones to get the nutritious marrow or brains. However, there was also a talk about how using fire was crucial because thermally treated food is more nutritious and easier to chew. But one illogical and inconsistent statement slipped by: it was stated that chewing raw meat would prolong eating as well as usage of energy. It occurred to me that people who knew how to use hand axe to break bones, most certainly knew how to use them to mince the tough meat and make a tartar steak - why was this inefficient chewing detail imposed by the authors of the theory?

Will you now claim they could also make a nice lemon vinagrette?

Mincing raw meat takes longer and takes more energy than chewing raw meat. So, either way the scientist's hypothesis is supported, and your caveman recipe book hypothesis is not.

Try for more absurdity next time. It makes me laugh.

Harte

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Bull fighting, rodeo, wrestling, boulder throwing. I'm 90% sure these were favorite Neanderthal sports

I thought of something along similar lines...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/551082c7a7b7.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0c824ce78b73.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/35c569e90636.png[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Did you see that video at all? His muscles produced very high vibration, much higher than in normal people. It was on the screen of a very powerful PC in the lab

Mincing meat with a rock is more energy consuming than chewing it? Ever made a stake by yourself?

I don't think so.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Yep! And Enkidu, Gilgamesh friend, quite interesting guy, wasn't he?
Living in wilderness, powerful guy. Where'd he come from?

On the other hand, a whole new field to investigate opens with stories like Ramayana, Virakocha, Prometheus (his punishment by Zeus), some from the Bible, and many other, which say there was a group of technically very advanced people (gods) of old who tried to help out peoples emerging in history. I guess, that's for another thread.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Notice his height and build compared to the others?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I know, it's tricky. Depicting rulers as bigger than average people is common in Egypt and elsewhere. It isn't very realistic and reliable for making conclusions.

If I remember correctly, in the story of Virakocha it is about technology dispersing, not physical strength.
Stories about Atlantis are all about advanced civilization. There are definitely two lines, perhaps even parallel, though giants seem to be older than Atlantis or other lost civilizations.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Notice his height and build compared to the others?

Note they are beardless, perhaps they were his 'pages' youth who were his groom and bow bearer

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Well I suppose anything is possible I just find it odd that more often than not "Kings and or gods" are depicted "Larger than life in stature"

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Hanslune

Well I suppose anything is possible I just find it odd that more often than not "Kings and or gods" are depicted "Larger than life in stature"

The AE also showed their pharoahs to be larger than life - and of course gods are suppose to be bigger - Greek statues of the gods were often much larger than life, Athena and Zeus, etc - certainly Buddha is shown as gigantic yet we have a fair amount of evidence that he was just a man.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

reply to post by mr-lizard

You know I've gone over the whole "Advanced Ancient Civilization Theory" for years.

What I always come away with is a completely way the hell outside the box theory [even by my standards] if they were truly advanced they wouldnt have needed or created crude micro chip devices or power plants with power poles and generators etc etc etc [Nonrenewable polluting Explosive energy] That's modern mans baggage and present limitations, they IMO would have had a much greater understanding of how the real world works.

Harmonics, magnetics and yet to be discovered forces and energies that are all naturally occurring globally that would not leave such a destructive foot print. [Which is why we don't find their junk yards]. They IMO would have been much more in tune with nature and would have made a very enlightened choice at the earliest point in their development to avoid such destructive applications of science.

This could be why we only find "Naturally occurring building materials" They knew how to use it's properties to it's fullest extent without needing our present day artificial material and the very destructive manufacturing processes that goes with them. Now, having said that. Maybe, Just maybe these "Fantastic tales told in myths and legends" should be looked at from a fresh non scientifically biased stance?

edit on 30-8-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

I've commented on this on other threads about this very thing. On the history Channel one person made a comment on Ancient Aliens about if they where so advanced and had this great technology, why don't we see sky scrapers and everything is a pyramid form (which is false on the pyramid form). I think he presumes that our way of doing things and building things is the pinnacle of achievement. Why was skyscrapers built in the first place? It was because commerce aka land was to espensive so they built up. Why didn't the ancients have laptops and Ipads etc. etc.? Why do we have them? It's because the market and commerce and advertising said that we needed them pure and simple. Almost everything associated with our culture has to be bought or rented or billed. In ancient times they where able to use the natural stone and shape it for their use via knowledge and old technology that we have lost and some have kept hidden (Magnetics, vibration, resonance etc.) because they can't charge for something that you could build in your backyard.

If cold fusion was available for all of us and all we had to do was fill it up with water, why would we need powerlines anymore? We wouldn't have to have a centralized power grid anymore because we are making our own power and alot of it. What if also we figured out rather cheaply and palm to the forehead moment how to levitate objects and things and move them in regard to repulsing from earth's gravity. We wouldn't need airplanes anymore and also roads, we wouldn't need a centralized branched system of roads that our car wheels had to follow. We could hover over 10 feet above ground or more and move to our destination. Then on top of that what if they figured out how to make a nano-assembler and others figure out that you can have a box from microwave size to a dishwasher to even larger that as long as you had power and was able to feed a hopper with metals and/or things that they can break at the atomic level and rearrange, you wouldn't need to buy clothes or products. The box will make it for you as long as you feed it. You essentially will be able to make yourself self sufficient and comfortable without having to spend money for goods and services all the time (maybe at the start). Companies can't make money with the consumer having a self sufficient system that he or she doesn't have to repeatedly go back to on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.

That is one big reason why technology of the past and what they know now isn't released, because they will be out of power and they can't have that. Hell Tesla was working on and may have demonstrated the ability to broadcast power over a distance without wires, and that was hushed up really quickly. Some say he discovered something of old technology, he could have. If it wasn't for the elite, this planet could be the paradise that it may have been tens of thousands of years ago.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
howdy HC

Originally posted by hoghead cheese

Almost everything associated with our culture has to be bought or rented or billed. In ancient times they where able to use the natural stone and shape it for their use via knowledge and old technology that we have lost and some have kept hidden (Magnetics, vibration, resonance etc.) because they can't charge for something that you could build in your backyard.

If cold fusion was available for all of us and all we had to do was fill it up with water, why would we need powerlines anymore? We wouldn't have to have a centralized power grid anymore because we are making our own power and alot of it. What if also we figured out rather cheaply and palm to the forehead moment how to levitate objects and things and move them in regard to repulsing from earth's gravity. We wouldn't need airplanes anymore and also roads, we wouldn't need a centralized branched system of roads that our car wheels had to follow. We could hover over 10 feet above ground or more and move to our destination. Then on top of that what if they figured out how to make a nano-assembler and others figure out that you can have a box from microwave size to a dishwasher to even larger that as long as you had power and was able to feed a hopper with metals and/or things that they can break at the atomic level and rearrange, you wouldn't need to buy clothes or products. The box will make it for you as long as you feed it. You essentially will be able to make yourself self sufficient and comfortable without having to spend money for goods and services all the time (maybe at the start). Companies can't make money with the consumer having a self sufficient system that he or she doesn't have to repeatedly go back to on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.

That is one big reason why technology of the past and what they know now isn't released, because they will be out of power and they can't have that. Hell Tesla was working on and may have demonstrated the ability to broadcast power over a distance without wires, and that was hushed up really quickly. Some say he discovered something of old technology, he could have. If it wasn't for the elite, this planet could be the paradise that it may have been tens of thousands of years ago.

Excellent speculation and wishful thinking but...

There is no evidence that they had any of these 'powers' the study of their medical documents shows only a limited ability to deflect death and no idea what germs were. They used manual labour extensively - even when their people, villages and cities were being destroyed by others, no sign of magical powers. Their skeletons show extensive damage from disease and hard work, teeth are often worn down by the grit in their stone ground meal, etc

Its nice to think they had these powers but the archaeological record shows they didn't seem to have them....how do you explain that?

Its nice blaming the 'invisible' elite but in reality any problems we have now are of our own making.
edit on 30/8/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
The problem with reality is that it is just our interpretation - we don't even know: INTERPRETATION of WHAT?
We do know, however, that interpretation of reality (world) is constantly changing.
Suppose some things simply disappeared because we excluded them from our interpretation (vision, reality, theory...). We developed a blind spot in our seeing ability.

I know that it is much more possible that it was us, the homo sapiens sapiens, who disappeared 30.000 years ago, from the world in which Neanderthal men lived. Every scientist will tell you that homo sapiens sapiens is actually out of consistence with all previous "links" in the evolutionary chain. Some pretend that there is a missing link before HSS appeared, but to me it seems as if we are this missing link.

In TV series Battleship Galactica, there was an unusual twist in the end. The whole reality seemed to redefine itself into a endlessly repeating dream. Finally, men and cylons turned into dreamers who suddenly lost the motivation which brought them into this "new" position, and as if they traveled back million years in time, they joined the wandering groups of homo erecti - adding a new mutation to this kind, perhaps... themselves.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

cooking made meat more digestible, easier, smells better too!

not easier for chewing, these guys could probably chew rocks,

they softened leather by chewing on it.

eta; ok, i concede it is more tender but the impetus for cooking had the more desirous result of being more digestible.

edit on 30-8-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

What you said is making me think and right now it's difficult to gather my faults with all these dang strippers in the house. Distracting, anyway, what you are saying is that humans today are not the humans they once were but are now the hybrid descendants of hominid and humans?

ETA: Or that we are older than the other hominids?
edit on 30-8-2011 by AMANNAMEDQUEST because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by AMANNAMEDQUEST

What you said is making me think and right now it's difficult to gather my faults with all these dang strippers in the house. Distracting, anyway, what you are saying is that humans today are not the humans they once were but are now the hybrid descendants of hominid and humans?

ETA: Or that we are older than the other hominids?
edit on 30-8-2011 by AMANNAMEDQUEST because: (no reason given)

You see, perception of time is a very tricky one, especially if you stick to linear vector, while it could be anything really. Most probably: fractal territory

The biggest mistake imho is that we objectivize everything including ourselves, so when we disappear from the big picture (die), we are done for. But, from subjective point of view, the whole world easily disappears, since what we perceive is just through our senses, and our senses are our body, and so the whole world is our perception. It does sound silly, but that is the truth from subjective point of view. No scientist has ever proved that we really perceive anything outside ourselves. From Buddha to Descartes and Castaneda, you will see that wise men agreed on this one.

But, what happens when you "touch" the hard objective world and start analyzing it?

You will see how fragile it is, it has to be maintained (since the world is just a view) day and night by all kinds of ideological and emotional factors, from MSM to political one-way communication, 24/7/365. if anything changes in our perception of the social order, it is then revolution. This applies to the big picture as well as to the small, individual picture (of ourselves, our ego).

Remember how big fuss it was, and many paid with their lives, to claim that Earth is round? Or that men are naturally free? Or that all men and women are equal? Human world is an aggregate of perceived sensual and intellectual and emotional facts which need to be interpreted by us, and in many cases the interpretation comes from the outside, from the system in which we exist.

What was once possible today is impossible, and vice versus.

Shamanism was replaced by religion, then rationalism, then political correctness (
I have to laugh at this one). Shamans and mystics had their own interpretation of the world, etc. etc.

Look carefully: whatever is publicly disclosed in political life of a country - is a lie. Truth is acknowledged silently, truth about corruption and how political power is actually distributed. Whatever we get publicly spoken is a lie. Everything is clandestine and being parrhesic, speaking the truth, is totally ineffective and one such person is immediately mocked, degraded, outcast and laughed at.

The thing with perception, that is - affection, is that we are affected, our senses are attracted, by things that we don't immediately recognize as known, so we need to "explore" them, we crave. This is the nature of perception. Things that we know and understand, do not activate our senses! You can not affect people with truth! They won't react to it, they will rather behave like zombies, ignore it, keep watching their favorite sitcom. I'm sure we have all experienced this. Truth is for free, it is everywhere, but nobody wants it.

So, stuck inside our modern interpretation of the world, how can we understand what and how ancient man did certain things? We need to get out of our usual protocols of interpretation and then maybe we will see what really happened thousands years ago, and we may even find out that our separation in/by time is really just a matter of difference in perception rather than objective flow of time.

Philosophically speaking, time is the MEANS of thinking. It is NOT something objective, as people like to believe, and unfortunately lots of scientists do that, time is not a medium in which we exist, there is no such thing as space/time continuum as something objective. Time is the means of organizing data, and since we cannot deal with more than one thing at a time, we stack datum one upon another and the result is - timeline.

But, once we acquire experience, when we rely on experience, which has many data in the same place and at the same time, we can deal with this world immediately without having use for space/time continuum. Then, all happens at the same moment and in the same place - the solution, knowledge is applied immediately. Knowledge is the greatest threat to the official truth - knowledge is death, and as such death is calumniated.

This is why it is possible that homo sapiens sapiens actually disappeared from the world of Neanderthal, instead of vice versus, as we perceive it when relying on timeline. We entered into a bubble of our own perception, using emotion and idea as basic building block for this world, while Neanderthals, or other humans, refused to do that.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join