It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Were the Ancient Megalithic Builders?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Except by moving them by manpower, look too at how few really heavy stones were moved and the amount of time and the world wide dispersion by geography and time

Heavy stones list

Only 14 stones over 400 tons were ever moved - probably because it was hard work and they only did it when highly motivated.

The manpower solution doesn't hold water. It is possible to move these rocks into place, by digging under them on one end, and balancing them while laying them to rest, etc. But moving them over wast distances, no.

I know very well, the story of Moses, and the holy tales thereof. And I say it is BS, plain and simple. The answer lies in the clues. These are special places, like stonehenge. It is not becuase they were stargasing, but because these places held truly amasing feats, like magnetic anomaly, that made it possible. Gravity was less ... and it is growing bigger all the time. Earth grows, believe it ... and gravity too. When an earthquake occurs, and other volcanic activity, gravity changes in these areas. In these old times, if someone came onto a place, where some huge anomaly was in place, they'd immediately believe it was a place of the gods ... and that is just what they did, all over the world.

How do mountains occur? How do valleys occurr? Imagine you have a large, high plane. And then suddenly, there is a huge cataclismic earthquake. Beyond everything you can imagine. The earth cracks open, wider, and wider ... and the sides of the crack tumble down into vast nothingness. Now, what do you have? a valley ... Now, imagine that the earth expansionists are right. And the earth gets bigger, and the earth crust is actually getting elevated in the middle of the continent, and then collapses on itself. What do you have? Mountains, and valleys ... what did you have before? a plain, with an elevated crust, lesser gravitational force. Now, if you have a flow of magma through the crust, you also have a strong magnetic field flow.

And thereein leis your answer ...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I replied in a similar fashion on page one. ET, God, Gods of history may have engineered the whole lot. It goes along with the flood stories. God (ET) did not like what he created so he detroyed it and started over. I guess "they" needed to get it right before moving forward.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn

The manpower solution doesn't hold water. It is possible to move these rocks into place, by digging under them on one end, and balancing them while laying them to rest, etc. But moving them over wast distances, no.

And thereein leis your answer ...

Ah, no they moved the thunderstone in historic times without powered machinery in the 18th century, its weight was 2,000 then later cut down to 1250 tons. Earlier a number of obolisks were moved from Egypt to Rome and a number of European capitals.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by klarkowski67
I replied in a similar fashion on page one. ET, God, Gods of history may have engineered the whole lot. It goes along with the flood stories. God (ET) did not like what he created so he detroyed it and started over. I guess "they" needed to get it right before moving forward.

So you're saying a omnipotent god who can see the future made a mistake and then murders millions of people because of ITS mistake....my my, LOL

You might want to look a the Egyptian images of moving very large rocks

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I didn't say that at all. I am simply typing a small bit of a theory that has been written in books about this subject. We don't know how these structures were built. You seem to know via a tect book on how the Egyptians moved large stones?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Egyptian moving large stones reply to post by klarkowski67

edit on 26/8/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

---

Wondering about that too. But it could be folks passing time (keeping peace) through diversion in continually being per-occupied, eg: slowhand-stone work. Though I have other ideas re Ancient Egyptions (Kufu)?

Decoy

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Ah, no they moved the thunderstone in historic times without powered machinery in the 18th century, its weight was 2,000 then later cut down to 1250 tons. Earlier a number of obolisks were moved from Egypt to Rome and a number of European capitals.

The obilisks?

These are stones, that were cut out "in place", and then balanced up into place. Nothing particularly peculiar about them.

Did they lift them with pulleys made out of wood, put them on a ship of clay and sail them to rome?

Bull# ... pardon my french.

Why would the romans go to Africa, to fetch a block of stone? Shouldn't that be a clue, to anyone? There has to be something special about that rock, apart from it's beauty. The russians, taking a boulder and "rolling" it along 6 km, in the 18th century is a feat, but nothing in comparison.

You have tales all over the place, from here to timbuktu. The Icelandic "strongest man in the world", John Paul, once tried to move a stone in Iceland. He nudged it ... the same stone, is said to have been lifted and swinged by another man, just over a century and a half ago. What has changed? Humans changed to sissies, despite their enormous intake of steroids ... or earth changes. I say "earth changes" ... none of these things were a major feat at the time, they were possible because of a natural anomaly. They were abandoned, because anomaly changed.

If you want me to take your notion of the pulley and clay boats seriously, then I suggest you repeat the process. You finish those obelisks, and then put them on clay botes and sail them the same way ... with those clay boats.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by klarkowski67
I didn't say that at all. I am simply typing a small bit of a theory that has been written in books about this subject. We don't know how these structures were built. You seem to know via a tect book on how the Egyptians moved large stones?

Who were you addressing this to?
Have you seen this thread?

How they Built the Great Pyramid of Egypt

In it I offer some plausible theories and explanation. I know not all will agree. Most are of the belief that it was "Aliens" which to be honest I haven't ruled out BUT we haven't found any concrete proof that they may have helped.

edit on 26-8-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
...beautifully done, as usual, slayer...

...just wanted to add a tidbit about the "giants among us" deal...

...one of my great-grandfathers was 6'6" and entirely indigenous, albeit multi-tribal... the osage were (some still are) considered very tall people, as were the karankawa...

...theres lots of theories about why they were exceptionally tall but i always figured it was because of many generations of consistent highly-diversified diet... theres always exceptions but, basically, i see no reason why that cant explain other tall groups world-wide...

...since height has nothing to do with intellect - if ancient sites were built solely by humans, fish must have been principle to their diet cuz dats de ultimate brain food...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Decoy

---

Wondering about that too. But it could be folks passing time (keeping peace) through diversion in continually being per-occupied, eg: slowhand-stone work. Though I have other ideas re Ancient Egyptions (Kufu)?

Decoy

I suppose any theory is just as good as any other if it based in verifiable facts.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn

The obilisks?

These are stones, that were cut out "in place", and then balanced up into place. Nothing particularly peculiar about them.

Obelisks were not cut and placed "In Place" If you have evidence to the contrary I'd love to see it. Otherwise it's just opinion.

Did they lift them with pulleys made out of wood, put them on a ship of clay and sail them to rome?

Bull# ... pardon my french.

Why would the romans go to Africa, to fetch a block of stone? Shouldn't that be a clue, to anyone?

Rome conquered Egypt and brought back "Trophies"

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Finally Wyn my dear...

We don't always see eye to eye on some subjects but I'm glad you have a fair and balanced view on this possible scenario. I appreciate your contribution.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Slayer well, well done. I truly enjoyed this and you should write a book seriously, you have enought source material that you can write many books on this and other subjects. I've commented on this site now for over 2 years, and when it comes to ancient civilizations it really appeals to me because as I've stated before there is a secret that was hidden or buried from us long ago and the ones in the know don't want it out. They call them the Nephilim or Giants that almost all societies have, they talk about how these men of old had abilities that regular men couldn't do. As you said these men could have been neanderthal homo sapien hybrid. Lets say 6 thousand years ago, these group of men and women are seen lifting boulders that would take 4 or 5 homo sapiens to do but they can do by themselves. Or they are able to beat any man that is thrown to them in combat by brute strength, and at the same time seem to have knowledge that this tribe doesn't know or is amazed by. These men and women would be in that tribes songs and stories bigger than life, giants in the tribes mind because of what they can do.

I've said this before, we don't truly know the capabilities of a neanderthal compared to a homosapien. I think that we look at them and think that they must have the same biological process as we because they look kinda like us even though they aren't. But do we know what the gestation of a neanderthal woman is compared to a homosapien. Ours is 9 months but it doesn't have to be for a neanderthal or even a neanderthal/homo hybrid. They had a larger cranial capacity for a larger brain. Did they use more of their brain than we do today, where they even telepathic and/or telekinetic (something to consider, I know it's kinda SF but it has to be touched). Biologically we don't know besides their strength (and we may be conservative at that) what they where truly capable of.

The big secret Slayer that you said could be that most of the old and intricate megalithic structures over the course of thousands of years where done by these mix of Neanderthal and Homosapien or maybe just Neanderthal. And at the same time I bet that most of this hybrid species was hated by the Homosapien. Just look at Gobleki and other places. Many where submerged via the flooding from the end of the ice age, but like Gobleki it seems it was buried on purpose. Could it be that many of the homosapiens hated the hybrids because they where essentially cruel masters. You bring up Baalbek and the massive stones and other massive megalithic stone structures. With superior strength and brain power to come up with machining and geometry to help them move and place these things, but at the same time they could have been like any other tribe and attacking weaker ones (essentially all homo tribes) for spoils of conquest and food. Just go through all the stories from Jack and the Beanstalk and to the bible about how god brought the flood and the giants where washed away (I think they had a number but I don't remember).

I propose that they where loved for what they can do but hated for what they did, so they where always in conflict and their numbers where slowly going down via battles and interbreeding if possible. And who knows, maybe Neanderthals took longer to have children than Homosapiens and we just outbred them. It just has a look that we covered up another peoples accomplishment because of fear envy and the knowledge that the most spectacular things that have so far been found and done where done by another people or hybrid of both of us. It must have been a very very sad day when the last true Neanderthal or even hybrid died, I wonder if he knew he was the last? I also wonder what they took with them to their graves in knowledge (and here's another thing, if they where so intelligent why didn't we see or find (yet) any heiroglypics from them).

Maybe as I stated earlier they didn't need to print anything out because they where telepathic, now wouldn't that be a shock.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

greetings, to one of my blood.
i also descend from ancestors that roamed the steppes that stretch from hungaria to manchuria. i’m not nordic, maybe i could say more ‘central’ of the steppes.

you have a fantastic theory about the earth changing its gravity as a solution how the monolithic buildings were built.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

thank you for bringing up the subject of a different perspective to arranging our judgments, a different approach to technological measuring units. I’m sure I will be only one in many who feel, wow, finally a possible method is taken into consideration, that recognizes my innermost important values that i have worked on so hard.

for me your approach is just as much an earthquake as slayer’s proposition. (i don’t know how original either of you are, it doesn’t matter. i reckon you both rock ats)

why do you mention buddhist analysis though? could you please argue this point a bit with me. if i think of buddhism i also perceive it as a precursor to christianity and i see one of their common traits in the way both use older existing expressions of models of the world (e.g. symbolism in churches, iconography, epithats, festivals etc) to overlay them with their expression of a model of the world for their version of conditioning. i can’t see them using fair measuring units to understand a variety of people.

ah, an other great sentence of yours: But modern civilization denies this to almost everyone. ?????? It needs stupid slaves who know to do what they are asked to do, and the rest is just "having fun".

may i add my suggestion to this:

modern civilization takes advantage of us. it is not them who deny us learning. they deny us subsidised education, but not learning. if, then unfortunately we ourselves deny learning. they only understand this our mistake and manipulate us with it.

and so we play along (probably a lot has to do with our stupidity) and we do what they ask us to do and the rest is just having fun.

if we had this advanced, spiritual, fair and beautiful model of assessing ourselves (in terms of possible scales you mentioned) established, we would have a different understanding of what ‘fun’ realy is - and ‘they’ would loose their power of tyranny.

learning is always available - unless one thinks learning is restricted to profit making. true and valuable learning is not taught in our university system today.

sorry - now i have to rush to work again - will continue

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

For those of you who took the time to read through all this thread with an open mind I just wanted to say, Thank you. For all the rest who are chomping at the bit to get their either "Religious or strictly Scientific" view across in response/rebuttal.

Isn't it great how many responses to these types of discussions can be summarized as one of the following:

(1) - Aliens did it.
There's no way ancient dudes could have figured out how to build this, because I'm like totally modern and I can't figure out how to build it. Therefore it was Aliens. For proof, check the scientific and totally unbiased website aliensstackedthoserocks.org

(2) - We did it, a long time ago, sometime in the future. (Time Travel)
We can't do it now, and they couldn't do it then, but once we figure out how, we'll go back and do for them!! Otherwise the universe will collapse into little marbles of chaos. This is proven on the scientific and totally unbiased website totaltimetravel.org\unions-of-the-future-solve-problems-of-the-past

(3) - They did it, even though they were dumb. (Mainstream)
Primitive man did this, using nothing but toothpicks and dedication, and they did it exactly when we said they did it. I have a $50,000 piece of paper that says I know what I'm talking about, but if you must have proof, you may check the scientific and totally unbiased website scienceisgod.org\toothpicks-and-dedication

As a special bonus, don't forget Mainstream Science's overall opinion, implicit in thier assumtions: Ancient Man was Primitive - Everything Ancient Man built was a Temple - Temples are for the Religious --> Religious people are primitive.

Which leads us to:

(4) - Demons built it, there was no Ancient Man.
The (insert holy book here) says that it was (insert evil beings here). This whole conversation is blasphemy, if (insert supreme being here) wanted us to debate stuff on the internet, we would've been born with keyboards and wifi antennas.

For those of you who aren't quite so dogmatic, and are willing to rationally and calmly discuss any idea: Stop waffling and pick a side already. Jeez.

There. Hopefully, I have now offended everyone, which means that none of you should be offended. There's logic there. I swear. For proof, check the scientific and totally unbiased website www.southparkstudios.com.

/endhumor

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsurugi

I'm with you. Take a swing at everybody.
That way nobody can say you''re taking any one side.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Wow, I am just amazed at this thread, have enjoyed reading and looking at the pictures Slayer. A few of those guys looked like the Ferengy.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tsurugi
(3) - They did it, even though they were dumb. (Mainstream)
Primitive man did this, using nothing but toothpicks and dedication, and they did it exactly when we said they did it. I have a $50,000 piece of paper that says I know what I'm talking about, but if you must have proof, you may check the scientific and totally unbiased website scienceisgod.org\toothpicks-and-dedication

As a special bonus, don't forget Mainstream Science's overall opinion, implicit in thier assumtions: Ancient Man was Primitive - Everything Ancient Man built was a Temple - Temples are for the Religious --> Religious people are primitive.

...omg, too funny cept its so sad cuz its true...

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join