It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masons and eastern stars....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
My dad and his brothers were Masons. His parents were eastern star/Mason. My mom was none of those, but her grandmother and mother were eastern star. When my parents married my mother was forced to become an eastern star or the marriage wouldn't happen (she said as much). Since then my parents had kids...my older sister and myself.

My sister was offered an invite to eastern stars but turned it down. So she could have been in the loop. I was told (from my father) that unless I had kids before my other male relatives on my fathers side (masons/cousins) I would not inherit an important bible. First male to have kids=inherits a secret. My father made this seem important. I never heard anything from other Masons. My sister was invited to the fold.....I was not. We have a masonic bible in the entry way to our house even though we are not religious....

I do not understand it. I do not know what the point is. It was obviously important, but the info was never really brought to me. Did I do something wrong? Is it a matter of birth?

I talked to my Father about it a lot, and he shared some secrets....then he died within a year. It is very shady and has been on my mind for years. What the hell is going on in my family and what has happened? Why do I need to get a chick preggos before my cousins? Why is it important? It is really driving me insane, and conspiracies do not help.

Why make my mom an eastern star? Why force that? Why offer ES to my sister? Why should I have a male son before my cousins? What is in that bible? What is the freaking deal? Why do both sides of my family seem so saturated with ES and Masonic foundations? How did they really meet? Was it chance or design? Why did both families have similar connections? What are their god damn secrets and why did my sister get offered a spot but not me!

(PS-I have also magically had a lot of masonic friends that wore their fathers rings....one time I was with one on a boat and he lost it.....and lost his freaking mind over it. I have never seen my fathers ring.........sad. Maybe he lost it too.)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by adraves

No one is ever forced to become a Mason, or a member of the OES. If they were initiated it was of their own free will and accord, not by any one telling them they must do so.

As for secrets, most of them are available with a thourogh search of ATS archives. The others are the type of secrets that are un explainable, somethings are learned by experience, not by being told.

There are quite a few Freemasons around ATS, I'm sure if you have any more questions we can offer some answers to help you.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Sorry to barge in, if i have no masonic family whatsoever how hard would it be to join once ive contacted my local lodge?

this society is all too interesting for me to not be a part of.
edit on 24-8-2011 by Amassuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
reply to post by adraves

No one is ever forced to become a Mason, or a member of the OES. If they were initiated it was of their own free will and accord, not by any one telling them they must do so.

As for secrets, most of them are available with a thourogh search of ATS archives. The others are the type of secrets that are un explainable, somethings are learned by experience, not by being told.

There are quite a few Freemasons around ATS, I'm sure if you have any more questions we can offer some answers to help you.

I guess my biggest question revolves around my mother. She told me that my father's mother forced her to become an OES or she couldn't marry him. Why would this be? Her mother and grandmother were also OES.

Second. Why did my sister get invited to OES in college and I didn't?

Third. Why do I only inherit a bible if I have the first male heir in this generation?

Fourth. Why is there a Masonic bible in our entryway?

Fifth. Why do both sides of my family have such strong roots in this and how can that be chance?

Sixth. Why wasn't I given an offer like my sister? Do I need to have that male offspring? What is the deal....

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by adraves

Did you ask him or any of your relatives to join?

As far as wanting his wife to be one, I have experience through relationships it is easier for the woman to trust her mate when she feels invovled in the super secret society meetings. The secrets consist of how to fry the perfect fish, and smoke the perfect rack of ribs. You become truely proficient in masonry when you learn the secret of the perfect balance between bourbon and ice. Then you are a tru master.
edit on 24/8/11 by AdamAnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Amassuo

As long as you meet the requirements of Masonry, joining is no more difficult than talking to the secretary of the lodge. Once you meet and spend a little time getting to know the Brothers, maybe have a couple dinners at the monthly stated meetings you will be able to find a couple guys to vouch for you on your petition. After that it's just a matter of time.

No family is necesary to request Initiation. You just have to ask a Mason.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by adraves
I guess my biggest question revolves around my mother. She told me that my father's mother forced her to become an OES or she couldn't marry him. Why would this be? Her mother and grandmother were also OES.

Third. Why do I only inherit a bible if I have the first male heir in this generation?

Fifth. Why do both sides of my family have such strong roots in this and how can that be chance?

Sixth. Why wasn't I given an offer like my sister? Do I need to have that male offspring? What is the deal....

1. I have no idea why she would be forced to become OES to get married, I have never heard of that before. Masonry is not a religion, or a substitute for religion so becoming OES would make no sense in the context of being a marital requirement.

2. You sister may have had som friends in OES. You however do not need to be invited, you can simply find an OES chapter and go ask to join if you are interested.

3. I don't know how to answer that. The bible is a symbol in Freemasonry, and many members keep them as family heirlooms. It would be up to whoever own that bible to decide who to leave it to. I don't think there are any rules about it.

4. I'm guessing because your family has some Masonic history. The Masonic Bible is nothing different than a KJB aside from having some really cool looking illustrations. My Masonic bible also has a small masonic refference encyclopedia in the front pages.

5. It is probably not by chance. Previous generations in the 20th century were much more active with Masonry, so it isn't at all surprising that you come from a family that had Masons on both sides.

6. You don't need to have any offspring, and I wouldn't sit around waiting for an offer of any kind. If you're interested in the OES find a chapter and go talk to one of the Matrons.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamAnt
reply to post by adraves

Did you ask him or any of your relatives to join?

As far as wanting his wife to be one, I have experience through relationships it is easier for the woman to trust her mate when she feels invovled in the super secret society meetings. The secrets consist of how to fry the perfect fish, and smoke the perfect rack of ribs. You become truely proficient in masonry when you learn the secret of the perfect balance between bourbon and ice. Then you are a tru master.
edit on 24/8/11 by AdamAnt because: (no reason given)

I never asked them anything. This is all what they told me. My mother has said that it was his mother who pushed the issue. She was forced to become one. This also means that they all knew who were masons and who were not. It is very curious.

Maybe it is just a weird family thing. I'll start working on that bourbon to ice ratio and get back to you.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
reply to post by Amassuo

As long as you meet the requirements of Masonry, joining is no more difficult than talking to the secretary of the lodge. Once you meet and spend a little time getting to know the Brothers, maybe have a couple dinners at the monthly stated meetings you will be able to find a couple guys to vouch for you on your petition. After that it's just a matter of time.

No family is necesary to request Initiation. You just have to ask a Mason.

That is where it gets weird. My father and sister were both offered a position. My mother was forced into it. They have all told me this in so many words. Then there are my grandparents, uncles, etc that were in it. For some reason the bible seemed important as well. It might just be a family heirloom passed to the first male to have a son in a generation. I don't know, but it all seems very weird when put together.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by adraves

I do think it might be a weird family thing. Some people take this craft way more serious than other, especially the women. Like many have said, you will never be asked to become a mason, its a choice you make on your own, 2B1ASK1... but women will always be women, and i'm sure your fathers mother would act like any mother in-law and try to control her sons marriage wife... Its always some sort of tension between the grooms mother and the bride, maybe that was her way of keeping tabs on her daughter in-law, by forcing her to join the club.
In my opinion, this is the original reason why woman were not allowed to be masons.

Make sure you squeeze a little lime in there

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by adraves

I would recommend talking with your family about it. There are laws in Masonry that prevent (or are there to prevent) members from recruiting. I won't sit here and tell you that every one abides closely to that law, but I can tell you that it is not the normal method of achieving membership in a Masonic body.

Your family may have taken certain aspects of tradition into to their own hands in order to keep the Masonic values alive for following generations. However, I wouldn't let that convince you that there is some nefarious plot that you are not part of just because other people in your family have joined Masonic bodies.

If you are truly interested in the OES I would look for answers from a OES chapter. As I am not a member of Easter Star, neither is my girl, I can not tell you what traditions they may have that Blue Lodge Masonry does not. But, I have sat in on a OES meeting. I can tell you that it is very similar to regular Freemasonry and it seems to be geared for the wives of Masons... to put it bluntly: it's a place that Masons can take their wives and show them some secret handshakes(different from the formal grips of Fraternal Masons), and a little bit of the occult. It's also a place where members and wives can bond with the Brethren and forge lasting relationships with other people involved with Masonry.

edit on 24-8-2011 by W3RLIED2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
My husband's Father and Grandfather were mason's and his sister has there father's ring. This is really all my husband knows and thought nothing of it until I came across this website last week. I don't think the ATS mason's are gonna appreciate this.

In a hundred years time… bishops and priests will think they are marching behind the banner of the keys of Peter, when in fact they will be following our flag… The reforms will have to be brought about in the name of obedience.” - Masonic Blueprint: Alta Vendita, 1818 (Click on the book to read this scanned document).

Source

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by relocator

Very interesting, but it doesn't help my paranoia on the subject.

My family has left me outside of their little club unless I have a son soon. It is so creepy.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Hey thanks for writing in. This is, in my opinion, a case of preservation, and moreso, continuity of, secrets, power, maybe money. They can't give you the "inheritance" (The bible and whatever secrets go along with it), unless they know you will have a son, (the only person a father can trust to obey and execute his commamds regarding secrecy, passing on to your son, other protocols, hierarchies, his last wishes etc.), to pass it on, to preserve it. And they can't just invite everyone to learn the secrets, so they possibly choose to go by eldest granddaughter? (your sister didn't have to be married/have a son? Possibly because she already has a means to have a child, as in, she can carry one, she just needs to be impregnated), and eldest grandson with a son born to him (sometimes you said have kids, at least once you said have a son, which is it?). What the secrets are? Whatever it is, if anyone here on this site knows, I can almost guarantee you that they wouldn't tell you. Maybe you should try to talk to your sister some more and find out why she turned it down? Maybe she was told some info that led to her turning it down... Anyway, good luck! Oh, and, if you do get invited, don't act like newb and act all excited about the secrets. Those are the people they don't tell the secrets to. And when you Do learn some rad secrets, don't come back here and make a thread about it. Private message someone and ask them to make a thread about it. You might want to make a new account for this for an extra layer of anonymity, just in case.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

When you said you or your GIRL neither one of you, is an Eastern Star ( I assumed you are a man)....you should know that.the Order of the Eastern Star is for women...only. And no one is forced into either them or the Masons.
MAsons=men. OES=women.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
When you said you or your GIRL neither one of you, is an Eastern Star ( I assumed you are a man)....you should know that.the Order of the Eastern Star is for women...only. And no one is forced into either them or the Masons.
MAsons=men. OES=women.

This is not correct in my jursidiction as ALL Master Masons can attend an Eastern Star meeting as long as they are in good standing.

edit on 26-8-2011 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

reply to post by relocator

Very interesting, but it doesn't help my paranoia on the subject.

My family has left me outside of their little club unless I have a son soon. It is so creepy.

If that's the case, stay out of "outside of their little club" as you put it. Masonic groups are to be joined of your own volition and not for mercenary motives or because of family pressure or other coercion. If you were to join because of the latter in your life, you aren't likely going to derive any enjoyment and in fact will likely resent the time investment.

HTH
Fitz

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
MAsons=men. OES=women.

This is not correct in my jursidiction as ALL Master Masons can attend an Eastern Star meeting as long as they are in good standing.
Well here's the important point... any female relative of a Master Mason may join the Eastern Star, but the only men who can join must be Master Masons themselves. So no, unless you become a Mason, a man can't join the Eastern Star, which is why you weren't invited to join the Eastern Star. (If you have a daughter, when she turns 18 she'd be welcome to join the Eastern Star on the basis that her grandfather was a Mason, even if you never become one.)
edit on 2011.8.26 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Sounds like your grandma wanted to make sure your dad married a girl with high moral character. Moms can be controlling like that.

Because you're male?

I guess it was important to your dad that the bible be passed down the family line that would carry his name. There's no Masonic requirement to do so, but it seems like it was important to him as an individual.

To show visitors that your house was Christian and that it maintained Masonic values.

In the 1950s and 60's, almost 1 in 20 men in America were Masons. It was quite popular. The odds of marrying someone who didn't have ANY Masonic relations at that time were probably much slimmer than marrying someone who had SOME Masonic relation.

Because the only men in the Eastern Star are Master Masons. You don't get asked to join the Masons, you ask them to join.

If you're interested in becoming a Mason, and you're male, over 18 or 21 (depending on the state), and haven't been convicted of any felonies, you're free to join. Just go up to a lodge when they're meeting and talk to them.
edit on 2011.8.26 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by adraves

Maybe you wouldn't have made a good Mason? You said you weren't religious at all. You said you never asked about it. Those are two of the first big requirements to becoming a Mason. You have to believe in a God, and you have to approach the Masons and ask, they are not supposed to "recruit" you.

You also have to be of sound mind and body and have a clean background. It is sad really. It always saddens me when people miss out on a family heritage, it is the type of thing you can't get back at a later date. You get one shot at it. As far as the ring, I would be severely upset if I lot a family heirloom, even if it was trivial in value.

I don't know all the reasons some mother-in-law would want your mother to be an Eastern Star, but people do crazy stuff sometimes. Maybe it was some sort of control mechanism, or maybe she suspected your mother needed some kind of guidance and structure, or maybe it was just a family tradition, I don't know, but it is not a Masonic or an Eastern star thing, it is just a thing unique to your family history.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join