It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Governments Necessary?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Heh, I'll write this one off as completely missing the points in my post.

Reading comprehension is apparently not always available to everyone.... The Human race is doomed to fail divided despite all efforts to save it from itself.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Mankind needs a government. Which government? Well that's a bit tricky, but I don't think mankind in this state could function without a government.

Think of this. If some sort of disaster were to happen turning the world into anarchy. The people would be running around like a chicken with their heads cut off for the first couple of days (maybe).

But then, when one bright person, stops, breathes, and thinks about a solution to a problem, like creating a water system, (in light of the disaster), than people will look up to that person for more ideas and solutions for their problems. Automatically promoting that person to leader status, weather he/she knows and wants it or not

If Humans can survive without a government why didn't we stay as nomadic tribes. But even they had a system of government, no matter how small. Government is a bit more proficient than anything else.

Could we turn into a resource based economy later in the future? Possibly. But that's one of the only other system that MIGHT possibly exist. And that's a big IF.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by Maslo

What I meant was people getting together locally to look after their local interests. Not having one point of power who dictates all.

People are as stupid and corrupt on the local level as on the national one. I dont believe this would be any better.

<< 1   >>

join