It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Next World War - a 1999 book, coming true today.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
In 99/00 someone lent me this book.

In it, it says then next world war had already started and wouldn't involve ground soldiers.

it went into great detail about how fake rebels would be created and used in pretend uprisings. (oh really?)

it also tells a fastastic story about how america and china came THIS CLOSE to WWIII over Taiwan, which was only stopped when Clinton pulled a trump card and made all the phones in china stop for an entire week (which is what drove china to become obsessed with hacking)

i lent it to someone else and we never saw it again, but the entire plot that is taking place now was laid out in that book.

not sure how factual it is, (like 99% of thing we read eh??) but If you have access to a copy, i recommend it as good food for thought.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Thank you for recommending this work. I will look for it at the library later this week.

I will look up some information about the author, James Adams. The link you gave says he was:

James Adams is the former defence correspondent for the Sunday Times and the author of several books about the changing role of the world’s military forces in the post-Cold War climate. The Next World War examines the impact of technology on the future of armed conflict and the decisive importance of what has become known as information warfare.

This actually sounds fairly credible. I will have to give it a read.

The rest of the synopsis sounds good. Information is the greatest weapon of all.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Looks like a good read. Almost want to buy it right off amazon.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

looks good, anyone know where to get this as an ebook?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Yes, the whole thing is very credible, (even the amazingly outlandish claims!!)

another it makes is that America basically hacked its way into russia's military network and bribed all the russian generals to revolt and bring down the old ussr. (ukraine etc).... i found this fascinating.

It also predicted all the propaganda tools they used in Iraq-2 and says that Saddam only ever invaded Kuwait cause the US told him to!!

Another great snippet (it's been 10+years since i read it so bare with me) was that the US sank the Kursk by accident and had to pay russia BILLIONS in compensation to stop it restarting the cold war.....

Seriously good book folks, you'll love it!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
How about some more info?

Why can't people include supporting information. It's great that the book is a good read but please supply more info.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The belief that WW3 has already started.....Nostradamus would agree with you.

Quantrains:

"In the year 1999 and seven months
From the sky will come the great King of Terror
He will bring back to life the King of the Mongols
Before and After war reigns"

"The war will last seven and twenty years"

"The sky will burn at forty-five degrees
Fire approaches the great city" (could this be New York 9/11)?

So I am thinking if Nostradamus was correct....the war started on 9/11/2001 and will last until 2028.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Looking at pictures of the first plane strike, it would appear that the plane banked to about 45 degrees...so, yeah, that could apply.

And, I believe that the War on Terror is WW3 - how can it not be with all the countries that are involved?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
There may be another world war but not in the usual sense with massive armies and battles being fought on a global scale. I can very easily see an economic war however which may be going on.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

All of life is fighting.

There is always a war going on everywhere in everything.

From simple things like the cells in your body fighting for there survival, to the atoms colliding with each-other, to animals fighting for dominance to even the gods fighting among themselves, to whole galaxies and stars always fighting/pushing and pulling against each-other and there gravity's, and so on... ad infinitum. And there are all kinds of wars going on right now, same as they were in the past, and same as they will be going on in the future.

And even all these wars going on in this age right here and now for the hearts and minds of the masses, It will all pale in comparison to what will in all probability come down the line in a distant or possibly not that distant future.

top topics

join