It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ivading Iran/Syria OFFICIAL?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Just heard on radio. Anyone got links?

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 11:53 AM
link   
could you be more specific? do you mean they have invaded or you have just heard of a plan to invade. I`ve just been through the News channels plus some Radio stations looking for this.

Sounds like serious horse crap to me. Invade Iran!!!!!! You really would start a world war, no surely even the axis of evil (cheney, bush, rumsfeld, Rice) are n`t THAT stupid.

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 11:58 AM
link   
So far, no mention of it on radio, web, or tv that I can see... I'll keep an ear out for it though...

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I think that's been the plan all along, use Iraq as a base to take out everybody else that is a threat :
Syria
Iran
Lebanon
anybody else

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I think that's been the plan all along, use Iraq as a base to take out everybody else that is a threat :
Syria
Iran
Lebanon
anybody else

Of course, Bush will have to spread the conflict over Iran, Syria, Jordan. This is just the beginning.

The more destruction that the US causes , the more contracts will be there to reconstruct these countries which is very beneficial to the US economy and the OIL of those countries will pay for the bill.

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Iran will infiltrate 5 Iraqi cities

Iran's senior leadership decided last month to send irregular paramilitary units across their border with Iraq to harass American soldiers once Saddam Hussein's regime fell, according to U.S. intelligence reports.

Adding to American concerns, previous CIA reports on Iran claim that the country's Revolutionary Guard has procured several Saudi and Kuwaiti military uniforms, a tactic another intelligence official said was meant to cause confusion on the battlefield.

www.upi.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaxatron

Of course, Bush will have to spread the conflict over Iran, Syria, Jordan. This is just the beginning.

The more destruction that the US causes , the more contracts will be there to reconstruct these countries which is very beneficial to the US economy and the OIL of those countries will pay for the bill.

Haliburton has already received the contrats for putting out the oil fires in Iraq. Sure, there might not be too many companies who have the skill to actualy do this but it just seems fishy that the company who gets it is the same one Veep Cheney was the CEO of a few short years ago. Methinks me smells corporate nepotism beginning to run amock.

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by observer

Originally posted by zaxatron

Haliburton has already received the contrats for putting out the oil fires in Iraq. Sure, there might not be too many companies who have the skill to actualy do this but it just seems fishy that the company who gets it is the same one Veep Cheney was the CEO of a few short years ago. Methinks me smells corporate nepotism beginning to run amock.

and don't forget that the best company to put out oil fires is a canadian company in alberta (i think). They haven't gotten a single contract from this, they were expecting more. alas i have forgotten the name, i'll see if i can find it again.

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Halli-corp is not taking any job in reference to this conflict. They decided not to because of the extremely paranoid people putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 1,284.

As far as making continuous allegations as to why the U.S. is doing what it is doing, I'd wait until it is clear what the scene is with Iraq.

I'd hate to be wrong about the present scene and already have wild assertions about that which has not even come about yet.
Of course being a conspiracist gives you the easy out of saying "Well, maybe not here and now, but this is their overall intention!"

Who knows? You may be right, but you have not even the first shred of evidence that is in any way credible whereas Iraq is obvious and so is Syria.

Jordan? Why was Jordan even mentioned? One of us is lacking in our homework. It might be me, but I don't remember skipping that chapter.

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Just as any Arab or Muslim country is. Just as we are. You See?

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   
No, I don't see as I don't remember Jordan being a terrorist-sponsoring state. My point, is there any reason or information that I have missed that would indicate that Jordan sponsors terror. Also, the U.S. is not a sponsor of terrorism, in case that was what you were implying. I do not believe they, or we are complicit.

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Look I have something to do, but I would love to talk to you about this later, maybe I'll U2U U. Later.

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Israel is not a terrorist state nor is the support of Israel terror.

Our support of Iraq in the 80's, as I've said before, was due to the Cold War and the attempt to stop the spread of the Soviet Empire. The war between Iran and Iraq was a WAR, not homincide bombings of women and babies in outdoor cafes and resturaunts.

I'll ask again, do you have info on Jordan being a terrorist-sponsoring state? There's always that probability that I missed something and I want to know what it was so as not to be ill-informed!

[Edited on 4-4-2003 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 07:09 PM
link   
No, I don't see as I don't remember Jordan being a terrorist-sponsoring state. My point, is there any reason or information that I have missed that would indicate that Jordan sponsors terror. Also, the U.S. is not a sponsor of terrorism, in case that was what you were implying. I do not believe they, or we are complicit. Posted by Thomas Crowne

I have likewise not heard any information that would implicate Jordan with terrorism activity, although it is known that the Jordan/Iraq border is rather "loose" with checking imports into Iraq.

However, I do find it VERY believable that the US would end up at war with Jordan (or any other OPEC nation for that matter) in the event that any of them have the bright idea of replacing thier oil standard currency with the Euro.

If nothing else, this exercise in Iraq is a very open and bold notice/warning to Saudi Arabia to not get any bright ideas about such a currency exchange, as just such an exchange was being discussed in the Saudi government.

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 07:17 PM
link   
What in Gods name does complicant mean??

Iran Stops Volunteers at Iraqi Border

By ALI AKBAR DAREINI
.c The Associated Press

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) - Iran is preventing its citizens from crossing the border into Iraq to fight for President Saddam Hussein, saying that would violate its neutral status.

``I tried to cross the border, but military forces blocked my way,'' Mohammad Kanani, 23, a fruit vendor from the border Ahvaz province, said Monday. ``I'm ready to sacrifice my blood to fight American and British occupiers. Courageous Saddam is standing up to them.''

Iranian military officials on the border said they were under orders not to let anybody through.

``We have prevented and will prevent anybody seeking to cross the border without authorization,'' a military officer said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

U.S. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld has warned Iran that the United States would hold it responsible if any Iranian-sponsored forces crossed into Iraq. Iranian Foreign Minister Kamal Kharrazi said Iran was determined not to take sides in the war.

Iran is known to be ambivalent about the war. On the one hand, Tehran is eager to see the end of the regime of Saddam Hussein, whom it blames for an eight-year war with Iran in the 1980s. On the other, Iran is loathe to see another neighbor - after Afghanistan and Pakistan - fall under American influence.

However, the war in Iraq has aroused the sympathies of the Arabic-speaking people of western Iran. Many such people regard themselves as Arabs first, Iranians second. Iran's main language elsewhere is Farsi.

Pro-Saddam demonstrations were reported last week in Ahvaz and Abadan, a port city on the border with Iraq.

Abbas Heidari, an Arabic-speaking resident of Ahvaz, said he would wait for permission to cross into Iraq.

``I will not leave my brothers in Iraq alone if I am allowed to fight their American and British enemies,'' he said.

Heidari, a driver in his thirties, said Arabic-speaking Iranians routinely tuned in to Iraqi television, followed its news and sympathized with Iraqi war victims.

``Many Iraqis don't fight for Saddam. They fight for their land. They want to keep their country clean from foreign occupation,'' Heidari said.

04/01/03 02:20 EST

Beyond this AP report there are statements by the presindent of Iran which present the concern that the war with Iraq will fuel extreemism.

Keep in mind gentlemen (and I sincerily mean that) Iran has to date never responded in regard to the use of chemical weapons by Iraq against its forces.

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Halli-corp is not taking any job in reference to this conflict. They decided not to because of the extremely paranoid people putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 1,284.

I beg to differ. Check the story I sent to Xgate on the 25th. Halliburton is indeed making some dough from this.
xgate.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I highly agree with this. I did in fact talk to Halliburton, and they were offering some SERIOUS bank for me... but they wanted me to go, guess where!

You notice that I havent gone anywhere?

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
I highly agree with this. I did in fact talk to Halliburton, and they were offering some SERIOUS bank for me... but they wanted me to go, guess where!

You notice that I havent gone anywhere?

Should have done it Dragon!! Damn, you might have been able to take the decade off when you got back!!

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Yesterday, I believe, is when they said they'll not be involved in any commercial opportunities involving Iraq. Or maybe it was this morning, can't be certain.
Will be worse starting next week as I'll be going to night shift for a month. Think I'm scattered now? Wait a couple weeks. The jumbled letters will rarely make words, let alone sentences.

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Should have done it Dragon!! Damn, you might have been able to take the decade off when you got back!! Posted by Observer

Hmmm... Dont know about a decade, but probably for a year or 18 months... but that is assuming I would have come back... I dont see this thing being over any time soon (with Iraq maybe, but we have numerous more on our list to deal with that would be too close for comfort).

I dont relish being at Ground Zero for the next big thing to go down in the region...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join