It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh My God, Chemtrails on the ground on your street, and......

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by goarfang
reply to post by adeclerk

It could be an exfoliant which has carsinagins in them. They kill the weeds quite well and give you cancer all in one shot.

It's roundup - it's not an "exfoliant" - it's a bloody weed killer.

There's no question whether it is dangerous to human health - it is - it's nasty stuff - do not get it on you and this guy is a bit of a moron for not wearing proper PPE, regardless of how uncomfortable it is.

But it isn't going to give you cancer "in one shot" - there's very little that actually does.

What it does it screws you up with prolonged or heavy exposure. So yeah if you stand in the spray you might well suffer some nasty side effects.

Here's a hint: don't stand in the spray!!

I use to do contracted work like this till just about all the applicators started dropping dead. Notice these guys didnt wear a mask? Even pesticides require protective gear but the guys who spray it dont have that kind of training or ignore it. When I see them spray that stuff and I can smell it I stop and go another way.

and fair enough too!

But I still spray generic glysophate from a hand pump onto weeds wearing nothing but rubber boots as PPE a few times a year ....why? Because I spraying it with a wand directly onto the plants so there's little overspray and ultimately there just isn't THAT much risk to me from it.

If I was doing it as a job it would be another matter entirely!
edit on 25-8-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I wonder how much money those fat slobs steal from the taxpayer, to sit in a truck and spray a chemical on the sidewalk. And then how much money does the government steal from the taxpayer in order to buy thousands of gallons of this chemical.

What a complete waste of life.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riposte
I wonder how much money those fat slobs steal from the taxpayer, to sit in a truck and spray a chemical on the sidewalk. And then how much money does the government steal from the taxpayer in order to buy thousands of gallons of this chemical.

Wow, looks like the Dalai Lama himself has joined the discussion! Such compassion! Such understanding!

edit on 25-8-2011 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
It is threads like these that make this website an embarassment to be a part of. Seriously... SERIOUSLY reaching for a conspiracy for normal weed control. How in the world does this joke of a thread make it on the homepage? After the sprayer says it's roundup to the nutjob following him with a video camera... after the police officer checks out his paperwork and makes sure it's legit... it's still a conspiracy. Seriously.... I am pissed over this joke. Come on guys... come on.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
You folks need to get out side more - I live in the south - they do this once a year but not for weeds but for mosquitos - its called mosquito abatement - They usually do it in the early mornings. Its weird yeah but - - SERIOUSLY its easy to call and ask the local city services what it was -

Look at it this way you could have been made the bad guy here!!!! Guy doing his JOB calls the police and says a guy is coming at me asking me to stop bla bla bla - all he knows is you could be trying to take the sprayer and use it for something else? Make sense?

Common sense and a quick Google search on that fancy brain washing smart phone you took the video with could have saved you the trouble of embarrassing yourself -

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by smokeythabear

Yah, I see the mosquito trucks all the time in our area. I hate it when I end up behind them on the way home. I get headaches after. The mosquito trucks just spray all that stuff in the air as they drive and if you happened to turn on the street behind them...yuck!
edit on 26-8-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
All I got to say is I wouldn't of thought it was suspicious until they would not tell him what it was. To all the people acting like its weed killer pesticides or some common thing then why did they not want to tell him? This is what makes it suspicious. Also a proper debate does not involve name calling Ext. Any way you could prove that's some common chemical? No, and them not telling him is more suspicious, stop calling him a "nut" because he has a open mind. Everyone on here believes in something that sounds crazy.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sailorsaturn92

HE DID TELL HIM. HE SAID ITS ROUND-UP.
Why will people not listen?!?!!
and for not repeating it anymore, when knowing hes a reporter? Thats what the protocol is, seeing as they aren't the spokesman for the company. A LOT of professions say to call the office, and not talk.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

Did that guy really say it kills the grass? It's supposed to kill weeds... lol

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Spraying weed killer on concrete side walks, bike paths, gutters etc, is normal, as the weeds grow through the cracks in the concrete they eventually make the concrete crack or widen cracks, weeds can even make concrete kerbs collapse! and as for the guy not telling a guy thats hassling him what he is spraying, he does not have to answer to anyone but his boss, so it's up to him if he wants to talk, here in Aus, the guy askin all the questions would have been told to eff off or risk gettin a smack on the chin.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by upgrayeddc310t

So me having first hand knowledge and experience and years of training on subjects pertinent to "chemtrails" is thrown out, while you read a conspiracy blog or two, maybe watch a video, and take it all in at face value?

Just for clarification, are you a commercial air travel pilot, or crop duster,air force pilot, or just what exactly? How is it exactly that you come to have first hand knowledge of things being sprayed out of various jets, and is it from jets other than commercial travel jets? In other words, can you go into some detail about your profession? Otherwise you're just a guy who says you know stuff.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlanQaida
Spraying weed killer on concrete side walks, bike paths, gutters etc, is normal, as the weeds grow through the cracks in the concrete they eventually make the concrete crack or widen cracks, weeds can even make concrete kerbs collapse! and as for the guy not telling a guy thats hassling him what he is spraying, he does not have to answer to anyone but his boss, so it's up to him if he wants to talk, here in Aus, the guy askin all the questions would have been told to eff off or risk gettin a smack on the chin.

You know, when the lawn company sprays your yard, they put up little signs saying KEEP OFF THE GRASS! So the city just sprays and sprays all over sidewalks where kids ride bikes and stuff? I'm guessing there are no little signs every so many yards saying keep of the sidewalk, pesticides applied...
I had a bunch of bushes in my garden die off and some just didn't grow well, and a guy from a reputable landscape company said it looked like someone had sprayed a lot of round up and it caused mutated growth in the plants.
real-agenda.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Im pretty sure those signs are so people dont mess up the grass

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

I think i'd be raising an eye brow if i seen kids licking a foot path.

and i pull out weeds, i dont use sprays, let alone hire someone to do it.

But yes, i understand where you're coming from.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by chancemusky

Im pretty sure those signs are so people dont mess up the grass

Lol are you kidding me? The signs clearly say chemicals were applied and dont walk on it! Not that it would necessarily kill you , but yah you could get a dose of chemicals. I once had a neighbor who had mixed bleach with ammonia. They tell you not to do this on the bottles, but sometimes people don't read that stuff. She dropped on the front lawn and an ambulence showed up.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

and for not repeating it anymore, when knowing hes a reporter? Thats what the protocol is, seeing as they aren't the spokesman for the company. A LOT of professions say to call the office, and not talk.

yes he did say it once whilst the machine was on making a noise and drowning out what is being said, the guy in the car says, roundup? to which he recieved no reply and the statement "we are not allowed to talk to the public" then they say they will check with a supervisor and call the police instead.

regardless of what they are spraying the whole thing is strange and not how you would expect it to go.
all they had to do was confirm it was roundup or weed killer by saying it a second time with the machine switched off. instead they seem offended that someone would dare to inquire.

it proberbly was weed killer, but we will never know. the best thing to do next time if anybody is concerned is take a sample and get it tested, do not even talk to the guys doing the job or ask them, they will phone the police and cannot talk to you. which is normal apparently.

edit on 26-8-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Did that guy really say it kills the grass? It's supposed to kill weeds... lol

Yes, that is exactly what he said. I pulled the sound clip out yesterday but I don't think this particular thread is quite important enough to warrant my signing on to SoundCloud to post it for everybody.

Thanks for asking.

Death Race 2000...

get it?

edit on 26-8-2011 by Frater210 because: Im funny

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Because the truth and common sense always spoil a good crackpot conspiracy theory! The nutjobs therefore have to ignore it in order to continue with their game.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by adeclerk
reply to post by Mystery_Lady

All of that is unnecessary, the guy plainly told him it was Roundup! I wasn't aware the fluoride programs were "poisoning" the populace, seeing as how no one has ever gotten sick from it, or died, death rates aren't higher in areas with fluoridated water, etc.

Well I did say that if the guy was that paranoid that it was a possibility. Not everyone trusts what others tell them. I did state that I thought it was round up.

About the fluoride. I did say slowly poisoning, not death. Google it sometime. More than likely you won't, so here is some information. I still believe this is only the tip of the iceberg, and the authorities don't want to acknowledge there is anything really harmful. There is too much money in it.

Fluroide in Drinking Water to be Reduced in the US

The suggested degree of fluoride within US drinking water supplies ought to be decreased to prevent dental care problemsaccording to a joint statement today through authorities from the Division of Health and Human Services (HHS) and also the Epa (Environmental protection agency).

The actual HHS recommendation is available in the actual wake up of data discovering that extra fluoride usage throughout the tooth-forming years in children age 8 as well as more youthful may lead to dental care fluorosis, an ailment by which tooth may become streaked or spotty because of extra fluoride.

It marks the national belated acknowledgement that lots of Americans are at danger from excess fluoride within drinking water and other sources,

A few data claim that excess fluoride can also be related to skeletal bone harm, she states, and perhaps hormone disruption. “It has additionally been deemed an rising neurotoxin.”

Emphasis is mine.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Riposte

Probably less money than they would have to pay to fix the sidewalks after weeds break up the concrete, you know considering THAT wouldn't be very expensive at all

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join