It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Swap Your PC, or Your President

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   

A new advertising campaign sponsored by MoveOn.org's political action committee will feature a series of ads created by Errol Morris, the documentary filmmaker who produced a series of ads for Apple about PC users who switched to Mac. The ads will air during the Republican National Convention later this month.

Swap Your PC, or Your President
"There's a principle of advertising that if you want to talk to a certain group, it's best to pick someone from that group," said Morris, whose documentary on former Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara, The Fog of War, won a 2003 Oscar. "If you want to talk to Republicans on the fence, then it's best to talk to Republicans who are on the fence. These are real people who are expressing themselves in their own words."

Morris' "Real People" ads may rely on traditional Madison Avenue dogma, but they are also a rare example of how the internet can play an integral role in producing a political ad campaign. With a tight schedule and limited funds, Morris said it would have been difficult to locate appropriate voters without MoveOn's extensive e-mail list. (Morris isn't charging MoveOn for his work.)

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
WOW Soft money (actually time IS money), used to bash the Other side.!
I'm sure John Kerry will distance himself from this, right?

Right John Kerry?
You Heroic, Boat drivin', life savin', purple heart gettin',
man above all other men!

You think Johns war records will be part of this Ad?

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Wow. Tough call. New hardware or new president. Hmmmm. We could really use a change at the top. But I really need a dvd burner. Hmmm. Kerry/Bush? Heck. They are both idiots and I really want a burner so I'm gonna swap hardware

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
swap computers or swap presidents. hmmm i rather swap presidents.

new topics

top topics

join