It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USGS Yellowstone data missing or just quiet for the last week?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
earthquake.usgs.gov...]USGS Yellowstone[/url]

This goes out to all the regular followers of Yellowstone. After yesterday's quake I thought I would check the Yellowstone activity but according to the USGS it’s been quiet for over a week. They are showing no activity. Has it been quiet or is the data missing?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Just to add to the weirdness. I saw this forum disappear before my eyes on the new topics page

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sabbathcrazy

Yeah, I noticed that right after posting. I wonder if the magic word is Yellowstone? Hopefully we'll hear from the regulars who keep track of it.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
You aren't imagining things. They haven't updated their quake list since early on the 18th, so it's been over six days now. "They" is the NCEDC, which is where I get the data from to populate The Yellowstoner's list. It'll always show you on that page (lower-right) the exact time of the latest quake in their data set. Unfortunately, it's not unusual for them to be several days behind, but six days is really pushing it.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I guess they heard us; only two days out-of-date now. There were four quakes near ol' Yeller between the 16th and 22nd, apparently. No conspiracy, just people taking their sweet time.

Yellowstone isn't what I'm watching these days, though. It's like watching one square foot of your hundred-acre ranch to make sure none of it catches on fire. The whole world needs watching. Probably not for much longer, though. I expect the US to split into several pieces any day now, and it's the oceanic plates that'll cause it. We've been getting squeezed between the Pacific plate and mid-Atlantic ridge spread for millions of years without anything ever giving way. Some day, it will, and if we're lucky, we'll only end up with some new mountain ranges. Radioactive ones. And then they'll pour corexit all over them to "make the swelling go down" and plant genetically-modified cactus around them so they can't get away...

Sigh. I wish something would happen to restore my faith in humanity. I'm a lot more worried about it than anything the Earth can do to us.

top topics

join