It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These Quakes are not connected....Nothing to see here...Baa Baa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

PASADENA - A geophysicist for the United States Geological Survey at Caltech said Tuesday afternoon that Southern California's fault lines should not see any effects from a 5.9 magnitude earthquake that struck the East Coast a few hours ago

Really? You know enough about our earth's history to make that claim?

Ericksen, who has lived in the nation's capital for more than 34 years, said he has never felt an earthquake there before.

I have lived over fifty years and have never seen so many large quakes all over the world.

Something is going on. This seems highly unusual to me.

I don't think they have the slightest clue how our earth works.

However, to right away make the claim these quakes are unrelated.

That seems to be a stretch to me.

Story
edit on 24-8-2011 by whyamIhere because: video

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

he was right the earth quake was yesterday i haven't felt anything then again i wouldn't cry over a 5.9. Plus we are on a different fault line

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
There was another earthquake in Ca. last night. Colorado, Virginia then California, 3 all within the span of a month. I am by no means an expert on such things but it does seem like an awful lot of freakin earthquakes.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

This is just today

MAP 5.3 2011/08/24 18:16:51 -7.774 -74.171 128.5 NORTHERN PERU
MAP 7.0 2011/08/24 17:46:12 -7.644 -74.506 145.1 NORTHERN PERU
MAP 5.0 2011/08/24 16:22:30 29.545 130.702 49.2 RYUKYU ISLANDS, JAPAN
MAP 5.2 2011/08/24 12:05:22 -8.964 158.094 10.0 SOLOMON ISLANDS
MAP 5.4 2011/08/24 08:08:16 72.595 3.552 11.1 NORWEGIAN SEA

edit on 24-8-2011 by smileypants because: spell checked

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I am a longtime lurker on Puterman's Quake Watch 2011 thread here on ATS (every now and then I ask a question...PM and others there are very knowledgable)...one thing noticed by many is that if you look at the USGS quake map you can draw a straight line from the CA quake (last night); thru the Colorado area where the 5.3 was (almost 48 hours ago) to Mineral, Virginia. ALL three locales are on the 37th parallel.

I don't know myself exactly what that means; but to me it raises ALL kinds of questions. There was also a thread here yesterday (on ATS) as the 37th parallel runs thru (que the spooky music) New Madrid, MO.

yeah...more than a little cause for concern and thought.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
yes why are all the major recent USA quakes LINED up in a straight LINE.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

I saw that also.

It looks anything but random to me.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
been watching that and hoped someone else would notice. look, i'll say it. is it that far fetched to think that something was moving underneath the earth in a straightline?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Here is my (tiny) bit of uneducated research...and it did frighten me:

Cokedale, CO. 37.144
Mineral, VA. 37.48
New Madrid, MO 36.59
Honshu, Japan 37.67
Fukushima 37.57
San Francisco 37.46

I don't pretend to understand seimology; but the pattern in obvious. And please...I am NOT a fearmonger in any way.

(I posted this on the QW ATS thread as well).

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignant
yes why are all the major recent USA quakes LINED up in a straight LINE.

Show me any 2 quakes that aren't in a straight line

I'd be more concerned about the EIGHT quakes that occurred in a remote part of Scotland last weekend. Now that really is odd ..... especially given my username (and the original thereof)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glinda
Here is my (tiny) bit of uneducated research...and it did frighten me:

Cokedale, CO. 37.144
Mineral, VA. 37.48
New Madrid, MO 36.59
Honshu, Japan 37.67
Fukushima 37.57
San Francisco 37.46

I don't pretend to understand seimology; but the pattern in obvious. And please...I am NOT a fearmonger in any way.

What about all the other quakes? Or are you ony listing those that support your scaremongering nonsense?

You know as well as I that there are dozens of biggish quakes (and hundreds of little ones) all over the world every day. So why highlight these particular selected ones? Uness you have an agenda?

Anyway, it's a moot point. Folk like you will be doing the same in a year, five years and no doubt one hundred years time. Humans like being frightened. And they're not very clever. So .......

(I posted this on the QW ATS thread as well).

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glinda

I am a longtime lurker on Puterman's Quake Watch 2011 thread here on ATS (every now and then I ask a question...PM and others there are very knowledgable)...one thing noticed by many is that if you look at the USGS quake map you can draw a straight line from the CA quake (last night); thru the Colorado area where the 5.3 was (almost 48 hours ago) to Mineral, Virginia. ALL three locales are on the 37th parallel.

I don't know myself exactly what that means; but to me it raises ALL kinds of questions. There was also a thread here yesterday (on ATS) as the 37th parallel runs thru (que the spooky music) New Madrid, MO.

yeah...more than a little cause for concern and thought.

That isn't all, I was a bit worried today because they all occured 12 hours apart, starting with colorado. I marked the colorado quake, then the virginia quake giving me a bracket, then moved the left edge of the bracket to san fran to account for that quake which moved my right bracket directly on new madrid, also at the 37 lat mark. My sphincter was pretty tight around 2pm today, being that I am near madrid. Interestingly, the Lima quake hit right before 2, keeping the 12 hour cycle but breaking the 37 lattitude. Never have I been so glad to see a logical progression fall apart.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I'm wondering if they don't know more about this than they're telling us.

This was the first one I've ever felt on the East Coast. I was vacationing in Wildwood NJ yesterday when I felt it. It felt like a toddler was grabbing onto my folding chair while I was sitting on the beach. I looked all around my chair to see if one of my kids was playing a trick on me or if someone else's kid was using my chair to stand but nobody was around. Moments later, everyone around me started talking about the earthquake, otherwise I would have thought it was my imagination.

What struck me as odd is that, just minutes before the Earthquake, a military Cobra helicopter flew low along the shoreline heading North. I've never seen a military chopper while down the shore before and the timing made me think it was suspicious; like they knew it was going to happen and were up there to observe the effects or the citizen response or something.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c33bce563517.jpg[/atsimg]

Makes me think they may have caused this somehow (HAARP?) or maybe they have better tech to predict this stuff than what they are telling us.

edit on 8/24/11 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I might be willing to believe all those quakes just happened.

I guess my main point is nobody is qualified to say if this is normal or not.

The rest of the week should clarify things.

new topics

top topics

join