It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Lady accused of spending $10m in taxpayer money on vacations

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I know a lot of people voted for Obama to prove there wasn't a race issue. I really got to hope people prove they're not stupid in by re-electing him in 2012. Most people I know have been struggling just to stay fed.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Not surprising, but what DOES surprise me is, regarding restaurants, why the restaurant owners don't just give it to them on the house. The free pub has gotta be worth more than the food.

Peace

edit on 24-8-2011 by Dr Love because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Well, if a daily mail is reporting that the national enquire is reporting coming from a secret source in the white house, then surely it must be true.

I heard she also gave a million dollars to batboy

I quite liked the part in the article about the "outrage" of her staying in a 5 star hotel with alcohol..the outrage!
She should be staying in a holiday inn express with a can of sprite, like Laura Bush did!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Time for "change" for the better!!

GO RON PAUL!!!

link   
$10 million is a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the TRILLIONS the Obama administration has wastefully spent and tied up in obligations, so relatively speaking this is NOTHING really.

Go Obamas

link   
How life as the President of the U.S. and being First Lady seems to be like royalty. 10 million for vacations. Life is a true blessing at the point.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Both parties are guilty of this crap. It sickens me.

I hope this doesn't turn into a left/right brawl and stays in the proper context, public officials spending public money for personal benefit is unethical and a crime.

Highly unethical when Obama does it, Highly unethical when Bush did it and even worse when it is their un-elected wives and family.

I hope people can stick the the real issue, spending public money on personal benefit is wrong. I do not have much faith that this will occur though. Get ready for the Obama apologist and the Obama haters to completely ignore the big picture.

We are ruled by an elitist political class that is unapologetic and out of touch.

edit on 24-8-2011 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
So is this the same quality investigative journalism that said that Obama's trip to India was gonna cost something like 2 billion a day and take up 1/3 of the US Navy?

Gotta love tabloid journalism.

I wonder, is the Daily Mail owned by NewsCorp?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sageofmonticello
Both parties are guilty of this crap. It sickens me....

We are ruled by an elitist political class that is unapologetic and out of touch....

"Both" sides don't do this. Marie AntoineObama has a well deserved reputation...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

How do you think one dollar turns into trillions of dollars. One at a time. Add all of it together 10 million there, i trillion here its no big deal. Really!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
as a taxpayer i can understand chipping in for her underbite surgery, but not some wasteful vacayyy

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
On behalf of Mrs. Obama "Thank you Americans for all of the free stuff"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/128c19bb90a1.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Not surprising, but what DOES surprise me is, regarding restaurants, why the restaurant owners don't just give it to them on the house. The free pub has gotta be worth more than the food.

Wouldn't that be like a gift? Like a bribe?

They can't win - can they?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

They can't win - can they?

They won already, and are doing quite well as you can see... So you are absolutely correct.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I think it is fantastic...she knows that the americans are ignorant and will and can do nothing about it...she learned a lot when she read about two towers flying into the WTC.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
"Qu'ils mangent de la brioche", - (let them eat cake) replied Marie Antoinette when told, My queen, the people have no bread . And so Michelle Obama is the Marie Antoinette of the 21st century. Will history repeat itself?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by HUMBLEONE
"Qu'ils mangent de la brioche", - (let them eat cake) replied Marie Antoinette when told, My queen, the people have no bread . And so Michelle Obama is the Marie Antoinette of the 21st century. Will history repeat itself?

She's already changed the way the school lunch programs work, to provide "healthier" foods.. So in essence... Let them eat cake, but make it fat free and sugar free, and cheap.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

Can you say 'Trash with Cash'. They have absolutely no class.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Don't even get my 11 year-old son started about Michelle Obama's new school lunch program. The boy gets downright irate when I ask him if he wants to "eat or carry" anymore. Apparently, the new, better for the children food tastes like crap. He mourns the loss of his school's wonderful chicken patty. In his own words- "They took away the only thing left to look forward to."
He's a bit dramatic, but the way they have cut back on music, recess, and art, the kids really don't have much to look forward to anymore. I guess it teaches them to be good little slaves with no added enjoyment in life.
I'm glad the politicians have such a great time spending "our" money. I know we all have such a great time earning it for them.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Seeing as people like to quote things historical here, I say off with her head. I don't care if your democrat, republican or in between, in this economy with all the hardships the average person is enduring this is just another example of being irresponsible and just plain not giving a damn. Now if the times were better and the average person was actually not living paycheck to pay check then by all means live the lavish lifestyle. Back to reality though....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join