It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings ATS; there's a new couch-bum in residance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Greetings ATS,

I am a contemporary author that specializes in tales of the strange and unusual. I am not here to plug my bio or my works. I am a fan of all things paraprosdokian and a student of the worlds I live in. Unfortunately, I am afflicted with the curse of the wordsmith in that every three paragraphs wants to become three pages. Rest assured, I will attempt to restrain myself.

Specifically I was drawn to ATS because it would make an excellent outlet for all the things I can't talk about anywhere else. Having been here for just a few days I was surprised at the depth of ATS. There is more variety in the forum's than I expected to find. It seems that no matter what mindset I might be inhabiting that day I can always find somewhere on ATS that catches my attention.

I don't expect everyone to agree with my opinions; nor do I expect to concur with all of yours. However, what I've come to expect from ATS in the last few days is an open minded courteous forum with like-minded members attempting to achieve the same. Yeah, that sounds like the kind of peoples that I can fit in with.

"Nobody's using that couch right? Kewl, I'll just make myself at home then."

Thanks,
"Two-Bears"

edit on 24-8-2011 by Kicking2bears because: typo-misspelling

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Kicking2bears

Hi Kicking2bears, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

You're gonna have to share the couch with me for it is where I post from
Hellos and welcome

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Yeah, thanks anyhow but you can have it. I've got a new luxury couch on order; I just hope the delivery men don't get abducted on their way here. :-)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Kicking2bears, welcome to ATS enjoy your stay my friend. You seem to have simular interest as many others here so you should fit in fine...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Welcome to the board my friend, if you have any issues then feel free to ask, lots of people will be willing to help.

Enjoy!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kicking2bears
reply to post by Swills

Yeah, thanks anyhow but you can have it. I've got a new luxury couch on order; I just hope the delivery men don't get abducted on their way here. :-)

They are on my payroll and your new luxury couch will be mine! Muahahahaha!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kicking2bears
Greetings ATS,

I am a contemporary author that specializes in tales of the strange and unusual.
Thanks,
"Two-Bears"

edit on 24-8-2011 by Kicking2bears because: typo-misspelling

We are Rigel4. We think you have come to the right place.
We hope you have packed your kool aid.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

It's hard not to share an interest with somebody on here. Thanks for the welcome.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Thanks, Rigel4. Yup, Plenty of Kool-aid for everybody; the kind with so much sugar that dentist around the world are cringeing. Gallons and gallons of it. No additives except for truth and red food coloring... we promise. :-)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Welcome!

Have fun on ATS!

All the best.

new topics

top topics

join