It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14 Conspiracy Theories That The Media Now Admits Are Conspiracy Facts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
This isn't exactly a blow you out of the water list, but it does provide for some insight nevertheless.

How many times have you heard the mainstream media dismiss certain points of view as "conspiracy theories"? It seems as though one of the easiest ways to brush something off is to label it as something that only "conspiracy theorists" would believe. Well, you know what? A whole lot of the time the "conspiracy theorists" are right and the mainstream media is wrong. In fact, we owe a great debt to "conspiracy theorists" because they will go places and investigate things that the mainstream media would never even touch.

I'll list them. And you can read the comments for each here. Sorry folks, No Elenin or UFO's.

1 Fukushima Uninhabitable
2 U.S. Military Attack On Libya
3 Widespread Use Of RFID Chips In Humans
4 $2000 Gold
5 Obama Wants To Impose Backdoor Amnesty
6 U.S. Government Provides Weapons For Mexican Drug Cartels
7 Fluoride Is Harmful
8 The Federal Reserve Favors The Big Banks
9 Cell Phones Linked To Cancer
10 The Credit Rating Agencies Are Corrupt
11 Prescription Drugs Kill A Lot Of Americans
12 Bisphenol-A Is Linked To Infertility
13 The "Super Congress" Is In The Pocket Of Wall Street Interests
14 The Targeting Of Christian Groups

I don't think anyone on ATS will be overly surprised at this list. And I would say most, if not all, of these have been covered here. I have to say though, isn't number 3 a bit overstated? I realize its subjective, but I wouldn't go as far as "widespread". Yet! Although I would certainly agree with more prevalent.

Also 14 seems a bit skewed. The targeting is by no means aimed at just "Christian" groups or individuals. Even if you only read just the information provided in the article. It would encompass a much broader cross-section of society than that.

But I'm looking forward to your insights. Or additions to the list if you can think of any.
edit on 8/24/2011 by Klassified because: Corrections

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
7 Fluoride Is Harmful

I really wonder how these could be denied lol

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I really wouldn't call most of these conspiracy theories. Based on these, I would assume everything is a conspiracy theory. Also, Should I have been surprised that the link was to a conspiracy theory site?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anttyk47
7 Fluoride Is Harmful

I really wonder how these could be denied lol

All you have to do is turn on the news.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by anton74
I really wouldn't call most of these conspiracy theories. Based on these, I would assume everything is a conspiracy theory. Also, Should I have been surprised that the link was to a conspiracy theory site?

I think the authors point is that these were considered fringe ideas not so long ago, and looked at more as alarmist than anything to do with reality. And considering the msm and the government sees anyone who doesn't buy into everything they say as a CT, and a terrorist, i think his points are valid.

And no, you shouldn't be surprised. Who else would publish an article such as this.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Exactly. More people are discussing these topics openly instead of dismissing them. As we all know the media influences a lot of what the mainstream believes. Thanks to the interwebs we'll see a growth in Alt media and the mainstream access in hopes of bigger changes overall.

Though,
I've noticed a lot of people still use flouride toothpaste for example, maybe they feel that is alright but having it in their water is not. Interesting.

I was dissatisfied with the MSM stories who added the cell phone cancer link with coffee as a potential cancer causer, presented as everything can cause cancer it's alright to use cell phones without caution.

RDIF only seems to be presented on Faux news and local papers, talking of Alzheimer's disease patients being chipped. Not sure that is as wide spread yet. However, it is commonly excepted at least in the Veterinary world on pets for tracking owners of lost animals.

Good to see the plastics warning, now I see more products that declare the plastic is free of the chemical/s.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Though, I've noticed a lot of people still use flouride toothpaste for example, maybe they feel that is alright but having it in their water is not. Interesting.

I don't think most dispute that fluoride applied topically has benefits, but ingestion is another matter altogether. A good rule of thumb if you are worried about topical use would be if you brush your teeth two times a day, use fluorinated toothpaste the first time (morning) and have an extra tube of non fluorinated toothpaste to use for the evening brush.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms

Though, I've noticed a lot of people still use flouride toothpaste for example, maybe they feel that is alright but having it in their water is not. Interesting.

I don't think most dispute that fluoride applied topically has benefits, but ingestion is another matter altogether. A good rule of thumb if you are worried about topical use would be if you brush your teeth two times a day, use fluorinated toothpaste the first time (morning) and have an extra tube of non fluorinated toothpaste to use for the evening brush.

What he said^ There's a reason you spit out your toothpaste.

That's a pretty cool list, but could somebody explain the last one to me? I don't understand how "the targeting of christian groups" is a conspiracy.

The one that sticks out the most is the danger of fluoridated water. People have been saying this since the 60's (Remember Dr. Strangelove?) and yet it's only now getting some small bit of attention. Even though it's been proven to be true, do you see something being done about it in the US? Nope.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
When did Gold ever hit 2000 monopoly dollars an ounce?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze
When did Gold ever hit 2000 monopoly dollars an ounce?

It hasn't. And both your Monopoly statement, and your point are valid.

It was only a matter of months ago that we were told that gold was "in a bubble" at $1400 or $1500 an ounce. Well, gold recently crossed the $1900 an ounce barrier, and appears poised to go much higher as global financial instability intensifies.

But even the mainstream is expecting above the $2000 mark before or by the end of the year. I think this was his main point. That even the msm recognizes the possibility. Good question.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Your right these are facts,not conspiracy at all,the main stream media just downplays them.
We do need to find out what Brittney,the Kardashians and all of the other "stars"are doing everyday!We can't be bothered with all of the important stuff happening in the world!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
My point is that many of these have been known facts, nobody cared though. It has been common knowledge. for a long time that too much Flouride is bad. As far as Gold, $2000.00 an ounce has been debated for awhile. Some said yes and some said no. I trade alot of Stocks and Futures. Just because something is not worth investing in now doesn't mean it won't be the next best thing in 5 minutes. That's how the market works.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The actual quote in the article is "high levels of fluoride" is harmful. This is common sense, and I've never heard about it being a conspiracy theory. And by harmful the article talks about fluorosis, not all those other "conspiracy" effects like "dumbing people down" or keeping them "docile." This was also well-known for many years.

new topics

top topics

join