It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No birds singing today - strange quiet

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

Hearing of birds anywhere, about now, sounds fab.
Thanks for the word from Australia!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AriesJedi
I have noticed a sharp decline in birds recently in my area (South London, UK). At one point this year they were so noisy they were waking me up in the morning. Now it is really quiet. A crow yesterday.

Except for one eerie moment today, about midday. You know in that film 'Day after tomorrow' there is a scene where the birds are flying south in noisy flocks, we had that over my house today. Is that normal for late summer? I thought they migrated in autumn.

(In fact if it wasn't for your post I was going to complain to my local council about the noise of my neighbour's windchimes, as I believed they were driving the birds away. Earlier this year in April/May I saw a black tit, a robin and a grey tit in my back garden. I hadn't seen these since I was a child. (Talking decades here.) Now no birds at all in my garden, just a frog and a toad.)

Recently I have been 'hearing' a very high pitched hum, in two tones like a fax machine sound. When I am relaxing I tend to hear it and sometimes I can 'hear/feel' it stop and it feels eerily quiet and I start to get anxious. Has anyone else heard anything strange? I have very sensitive hearing and can hear things other can't.

Peace.

I haven't seen The Day After Tomorrow, sounds extra interesting now.

And since we're including audible hums, about 4 months ago we were hearing fairly hi-pitched electrical type hums - seemed to come from everywhere, but no where in particular.
The birds did not disappear totally til today. The decline in birds everywhere saddens the soul.
edit on 24-8-2011 by ItsEvolutionBaby because: added to reply

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
just got back from the groceries and parking car, looked for birds here in NYC suburb and still not even 1.

so eerily quiet.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

And still so quiet here too.
Seems like more air traffic than usual, but maybe just noticing that because of the lack of the bird songs! Not 1 cricket since this morning either.

Thanks for checking back in. This is too strange for randomness.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Interesting, Actually here in Central B.C., and Currently working up north I have not noticed less birds but It has been crazy windy lately all over, which in turn would make less birds flying around, correct?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I heard cicadas and ducks outside all day yesterday here in indiana. Hopfully I get some eerie silence today, really could use some.. I think johhnyBgood (1st page) hit the nail on the head for a reason why were not hearing birds singing.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
I heard cicadas and ducks outside all day yesterday here in indiana. Hopfully I get some eerie silence today, really could use some.. I think johhnyBgood (1st page) hit the nail on the head for a reason why were not hearing birds singing.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I agree in some instances with the birds migrating but this is so not normal for where I live. The birds around this area are always here for the abundance of fruit trees that our now ripe and that line our gardens. This time last year there were flocks of birds in this area, now theres not even one. I woke up at 7am and for the third day in a row now, I hear nothing. Not even a chirp. This is worrying

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
its still august and before there was the quake, they were out n about and crapping all over my car, to add.

now, they're gone.

lets see if tomorrow, some return from wherever they've gone.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Morning #2 that we have noticed no birds singing as we have heard our entire lifetimes..
Other friends in and outside the area have now also told us they have heard no birds.

One friend had seen one bird.
I understand about migration, but it is still hot, and it is very early for them to leave.
As one poster stated, the nest in their back yard (with eggs-?) looked abandoned.

I posted this thread because we have heard birds singing every morning as long as we can remember.
Except for yesterday.

The silence was, and is, deafening.

I didn't expect as many to respond with the same observations.
And from so various places--

So I still question - what is going on?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

Yes...I have noticed that the birds are quiet....too quiet...I live in downtown Seattle, in an apartment building which has a beautiful courtyard with grass trees etc. I also live close to the waterfront.....usually there are robins and sparrows etc. this time of year chirping in our trees.....also usually the seagulls will fly above my building daily and talk their language very loudly morning and evening.....for the past 3 days...there has been none of this. It is just too quiet.

Also...my cat has been very upset these past three days too. He will come up to me and meow,, meow...meow...he is trying to warn me about something. He is a cat that is in good health and well cared for... I know his moods.

I just can't help but feel...that something big is going to happen....but what?

Obviously...the animals are trying to warn us...at least to me it is obvious

How about this morning, Caladonea?
And how is your cat?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
It was very quiet yesterday, no birds to be seen, but everything seems to be back to normal today. Woke up to the birds singing here in Georgia.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I am home sick today. Evansville, Indiana. All I hear is crickets and cicadas. No birds here. I didn't hear any yesterday either. I thought it was odd, and I just saw your post. I don't know why all the birds are so quiet, but maybe they are just sick of the hot weather too?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by stillsearchin
It was very quiet yesterday, no birds to be seen, but everything seems to be back to normal today. Woke up to the birds singing here in Georgia.

YAY!
2nd line

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Same in East Tn. The air feels very calm outside, weird clouds in the sky, my peke was frantic this morning, didn't want me to leave. No birds last night or this morning. Living in the country, I miss my birds. I thought maybe last night a hawk or owl was in the vicinity(I have a couple huge ones of each) but still nothing this morning.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ventessa

I am home sick today. Evansville, Indiana. All I hear is crickets and cicadas. No birds here. I didn't hear any yesterday either. I thought it was odd, and I just saw your post. I don't know why all the birds are so quiet, but maybe they are just sick of the hot weather too?

I am hoping they are sick of the hot weather, but they never have before, in all the times we can remember, and never 2 days in a row (that we were able to notice).

There's not even the occasional cricket chirps like yesterday.

Hope you're back to well, very soon.

edit on 25-8-2011 by ItsEvolutionBaby because: slipped up

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsEvolutionBaby

Originally posted by caladonea

Yes...I have noticed that the birds are quiet....too quiet...I live in downtown Seattle, in an apartment building which has a beautiful courtyard with grass trees etc. I also live close to the waterfront.....usually there are robins and sparrows etc. this time of year chirping in our trees.....also usually the seagulls will fly above my building daily and talk their language very loudly morning and evening.....for the past 3 days...there has been none of this. It is just too quiet.

Also...my cat has been very upset these past three days too. He will come up to me and meow,, meow...meow...he is trying to warn me about something. He is a cat that is in good health and well cared for... I know his moods.

I just can't help but feel...that something big is going to happen....but what?

Obviously...the animals are trying to warn us...at least to me it is obvious

How about this morning, Caladonea?
And how is your cat?

Good morning....I arose around 5:30am...normally birds would be making noise....this time of year....always in the past they have...(I've lived in my place for 15 years)...also the seagulls didn't show up again....every year they always have....now its been 4 days....not my usual bird showings and sounds that I have been hearing this time every year for all the past years.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Thank you. I saw a bird earlier. It was in my blackberry bush. It was quiet, but it was fluttering around. Haven't seen anymore since then though.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I havent heard any birds where i am here in Toron,On this isnt a good sign.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
just checkin back in - still no birds here in NYC. just some gross poopy pigeons roostin under stores on manhattan sts.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Hi, new here but wanted to chime in. No birds here in Richmond, Va for 2 days and the cicadas have stopped singing altogether about an hour ago. Strange is not the word for it. I know we are gearing up for Irene but she is still a couple days out. Too early for the birds AND cicadas to be buggin out.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join