It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Loot Google For Half a Billion Dollars

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Very fitting.

They help the NWO out and they are repaid with fines. Kinda cool.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet

The new "Food Safety Modernization Act of 2010" just added farmers (and perhaps home gardeners) to the group of people "regulated" this now gives the government a "Full House"

Because all farmers always provide perfect food, right??

And of course ther are specific provisions in eth act to exempt famers, and also private individuals producing for their own consumption.

But hey - let's not put forward the FULL facts when cherry pcking the scarey ones helps with the paranoia....

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

I have to question why in the hell web site operators are responsible for what their advertisers chose to advertise. This is like holding a gun shop owner liable for guns that he ends up selling to murderers. But it is even worse than that, because there are no victims if a legitimate foreign pharmacy issues drugs to willing consumers.

Why shouldn’t people be able to buy the prescription drugs they feel they need from an online pharmacy without having to bother with a doctor’s prescription?

How many people would run out and buy toxic chemo-therapy drugs if they didn’t truly need them? How many people would run out and buy penis-pills if they didn’t feel they truly needed them? How many people would run out and buy painkillers if they didn’t feel they needed them? Why should a doctor and the State stand in the way of personal medical choice?

Isn’t it the patient who should decide what drugs they need and when they should take them? Isn’t the doctor’s job to simply provide a medical opinion that a patient can then chose to act upon or ignore? Isn’t the role of the medical profession to guide patients into making correct medical decisions, not to make those decisions for the patient?

The State does not have any legitimate right to stand in the way of individuals making their own medical choices. And certainly the State has no right to loot Google for half a billion dollars for simply allowing foreign pharmacies to advertise through them. Google should have told the Feds to shove it. They should have gone to a jury trial.

For you Google users out there, half a billion could easily pay for something as exciting and useful as Google Maps, Google Sky, or Gmail. Had that money been left in Google’s hands, I’m sure we all would have benefited from some new project that Google would have provided to us for free. Instead, that money will now be used to fund war and the welfare state.

www.cnbc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Now is that applicable to all drugs?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Absolutely Right mnemeth. Furthermore, why shouldn't we be able to by from foreign pharmacies!
There always talking about free markets and free trade, but then they apply restrictions if it hurts big
Pharma. Its a rigged game folks.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

we've seen huge fines levied by government keepers of the flame year after year. i understand people and companies are supposed to crayon within the lines.

but the only time i ever read of a fine actually being handled in a way so that it paid back the consumers who were bilked was when a huge butter brand was caught short-sheeting their customers. that brand was made to sell the proper weight at a lower cost for a given time so consumers kind of got paid back.

aside from that, it appears to me that its a money making free-for-all on a bigger scale when corps have to dig deep into the wallet. no, i don't feel sorry for them. i just see a similarity: local police are reduced to spending much of their time handing out revenue-generating fines/summons/tickets for the townships to profit by. on a bigger scale, government (police!) generate a lot of revenue handing out fines where they see fit, too.

meanwhile we read about dangerous power planters and large polluters. i wonder what magical thing takes place so they are not fined? hmmm.

if companies/corporations are paying huge fines, i'd like to know where this money is going, and who benefits by it and where.

to me, it seems like there is just layer after layer of muscle enforcing for those in power.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

The dirty little secret is that the American prescription drug market pays for more than 90% of the research and development costs for these drugs, and for legal expenses big pharma incurs when their good drugs go bad.

Most of the rest of the world doesn't pay for that.. We Americans do! That is why these drugs are so damned expensive in the USA and so much cheaper in other countries.

Buying these drugs from other countries means you're circumventing that well established and very lucrative system, and will not be tolerated.

edit on 24-8-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I'm not for big gov or for robbery, but how is google making money from ads on illegal pharmacy advertisement a good thing? I don't get it.

Should they not be prosecuted? They decided to settle for money rather than face criminal charges.

I like google and I still see it as they shouldn't have allowed illegal ads... or am I crazy?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I doubt cancer meds are their top seller LOL

People are dumb... medication is dangerous.. regulation is ineivitible. YOU ARE YOUR BROTHERS KEEPER!!!!!

Although let me say i agree that google being held liable is retarded.
edit on 24-8-2011 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

The new "Food Safety Modernization Act of 2010" just added farmers (and perhaps home gardeners) to the group of people "regulated" this now gives the government a "Full House"

And of course ther are specific provisions in eth act to exempt famers, and also private individuals producing for their own consumption.

But hey - let's not put forward the FULL facts when cherry pcking the scarey ones helps with the paranoia....

Sure, you're absolutely right. Until in the spirit of being human I share my bounty with my neighbors. At that moment I have broken the law...

...How can people still support what is CLEARLY a conspiracy of control/depopulation? Politicians like to meddle, but c'mon, a worldwide animal tracking system? Farms & ranches 'registered' with the government? SWAT raids of fracking dairy farms? If this was a movie, you'd already know how it ends. Why in real life do so many keep their heads buried in the sand?

WAKE THE HELL UP!

(ETA: "Wake the hell up" was and is not specifically directed at you, Aloysius. It was more of a rhetorical culmination of my rant to everyone in the universe...at least those who read ATS. )

edit on 24-8-2011 by blamethegreys because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Poor google.

How will they eat tonight?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I dont think the Feds are that out of order on this one at all...

Google are obliged to not be allowing people advertising non regulated Drugs in any country, just like they should advertise guns, illegal cars, clothing made from the illeagal hunting of animals etc.

these things are neither good for you nor always safe.

Like i know Doctors can be Garbage at there job, and i know people think they know better, but like the reason you need to study for like 7 years before your a full real life doctor giving people prescriptions is its not as simple as browsing for a new flavour of crisps you like!

i firmly believe google get away with far too much as it is!! im taking a rare stance here... fair play feds.. fair play.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Also remember that some of these meds offered online are not the real thing... people can get ill by taking them or die even.... i think its best to get pills from a certified chemist!!

as for those enlargement pills for the Penis.... i'm not sure i believe any of that... i think its just a con and most guys probably get cosmetic surgery done to enhance the length of it IMO. I could be wrong but i'm not willing to pop any pills tha say 'these make your penis 3 inches longer and 2 inches wider'

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The very title of this thread should be changed to....

"The government loots it's right pocket, instead of it's left pocket."

I mean seriously right? Google is as Fed as it gets. They're moving around capital.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Yeah nothings wrong with the government robbing a private corporate entity of $500 million. Nothing to see here.

Watch football eat a cheeseburger, drink your fluoride.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join