It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about events on the east coast.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Ok, I am watching CNN and browsing independant media at the moment. They are talking about the earthquake(centered in VA) and the minor damage it caused but also pointing out the extent of the damage is not fully known and may casue problems down the road. They are also pointing out the large area that it covered with sidenotes to complications at the Nuke plant in VA.

They are also talking about Hurricane Irene reaching catagory 4 and causing massive flooding a.long the east coast, seriously they are really hyping it up.

This area of devastation includes D.C. So my question to anyone with more knoweledge on these matters than me is this, with the House and Senate on break till Sept. 5th, would a destruction of our seat of government be reason enough for Martial law or enacting any Continuaty of Government Scenarios?
edit on 24-8-2011 by KicknAndScreamin because: Typo

edit on 24-8-2011 by KicknAndScreamin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Well its imminent that they will declare a state of emergency,Which allows the national guard to be deployed and I think it may allow for a curfew to be instated too, but im not sure. So its pretty close to the same thing

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by loneranger26

The thing that makes me really think about it are the numerous threads here on ATS regarding military activity in the east including excersises over Boston to quell "civil unrest"

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
There have been many hurricanes in New York City, it isn't really a big deal and not a lot of damage is done.
If anyone needs to worry its those poor suckers living farther in Long Island in those suburbs. Unlike the skyscrapers and apartment buildings here they are not made to withstand extreme winds.

new topics

top topics

join