It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass UFO Sighting Over Laredo, TX

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by MrDetective

I hate how the media put such a spin on it to make it sound so crazy, it's stuff like that news report that make us look crazy when we say "We do believe". They even went as far as mashing to plates together on a rod..... Lets laugh at the believers.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

maybe you should describe more what the video is about and put your cents

Not everybody have access to youtube videos at work

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by FrankLY

Not only because of that, but according to terms and conditions, he's required to do so.

15k.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or Post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on the Websites or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.

Terms and Conditions

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Here's a thread you may want to check out
www.abovetopsecret.com...

As for the UFO , who knows ... the footage doesn't really help it could be anything , but from the description it may just be Venus or Saturn .

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
What I never understand is if there is what you believe to be a UFO up in the sky, why doesn't that personal want to film directly at the object and zoom in. That light was way up in the top part of the screen and went in and out of view. I don't get it.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Looking over the threads you've created, every single one of them (except your first) is just a variation of
GO LOOK AT THIS YOUTUBE VIDEO, ITS GOT A UFO!!!!1!

Come on, you can do better than that.
Putting some thoughts of your own on the content would be a start.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I don't understand, does the OP have an opinion on this? Why would I bother to give mine if he/she can't be bothered to give theirs?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
was that the actual video of the ufo? I'm sorry if I missed it in the report

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Here's the original footage from the OP video
The UFO is the flashing light .

So its not Venus or Saturn

Thread already exists
edit on 24-8-2011 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
So 1 person thinks they saw a UFO and sets up a Facebook page which a bunch of people in the same area read and then the next night just about every light in the the sky gets reported as the same UFO. Thats assuming that everyone who posted stuff on the Facebook page was telling the truth and not just having a laugh joining in with their friends on the 'mass UFO sighting'.

Some say it was moving , some say it was stationary ,some say it way high up, some say it was lower than normal aircraft , some say it was spotted in one area , some say it was spotted in another area and some say it split into 2...

I get the feeling it was a bit of a slow news day for them to be reporting Facebook storys...

edit on 24-8-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

As for the UFO , who knows ... the footage doesn't really help it could be anything , but from the description it may just be Venus or Saturn .

I wonder how many people here have studied even LITTLE Astronomy? I can tell you Venus and Saturn appear at different time of the night currently and not during the day.

Im not saying it is a UFO, I didnt even check the video as I know it's another nonsense. Just take a program and see how Venus and Saturn are located currently ...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor

Originally posted by gortex

I wonder how many people here have studied even LITTLE Astronomy? I can tell you Venus and Saturn appear at different time of the night currently and not during the day.

Im not saying it is a UFO, I didnt even check the video as I know it's another nonsense. Just take a program and see how Venus and Saturn are located currently ...

Do they move and flash like that?????

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
...and then the next night just about every light in the the sky gets reported as the same UFO.
Some say it was moving , some say it was stationary ,some say it way high up, some say it was lower than normal aircraft , some say it was spotted in one area , some say it was spotted in another area and some say it split into 2...

Much like what is going on in this thread...
Has anyone seen the flashing star ?

One person says he sees a twinkling star in the west.
Now everyone piles in with "i've seen it too".
West, East, both East and West, South, North, SouthWest, NorthWest, NorthEast, and SouthEast.
Been there since 2007, stationary for months, rises and sets with other stars.
It all gets lumped in under the big "me too" umbrella.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Yup, just like one reporter uses the word "flying saucer" and suddenly we get a flood of "flying saucers" back in the day from every moron who wanted to be in on it. I would like to go back in time and tell that reporter to use the word flying teacup to see what happens, lol.

It is sad, but true.....people are idiots.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This looks like a ordinary plane to me.
It has a flashing lights,slow speed.A plane people.

There is nothing unusual about this "UFO".

edit on 24-8-2011 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
I don't understand, does the OP have an opinion on this? Why would I bother to give mine if he/she can't be bothered to give theirs?
Because you might be interested in it whether the OP has an opinion or not. Then again you might only be intersted in trolling... Who knows - apart from.... Who knows.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Here is what the video says, for anyone who can't watch...
(the 'transcript'), though not perfect.

Some witnesses say they had seen the same UFO on Monday as well. Others claim that it, at times, split in two and then re-merged as it flew from South Laredo up to Central Laredo. Many claim it was flying very low in the sky and it wasn’t a helicopter.

Dozens of Laredo residents woke up to see a bright light in the sky that some say they just cannot explain. Many people are now saying what they saw was a UFO in the sky over south Laredo before four this morning.
But not everyone believes it.

Annette Garcia has more.
Caught on camera.
This video shot a Pro 8 News viewer allegedly shows a light some say is coming from a UFO.
The light that seems like an ordinary star shone brightly over Laredo around four Tuesday morning.
Its the second night in a row its been spotted.
Witnesses took to the Pro 8 News facebook page posting details of what they saw.
One person said the light seemed to stay in one spot.
Another said he and his wife saw it between two and four a.m.
It was a bright white light and turned to two, then back to one.

Witnesses say it was flying around the south Laredo area, then flew back up to central Laredo towards loop twenty and then back around and down highway 83 before it disappeared.
Flying too low to be a commercial plane but was completely silent.
Residents in the Chacon creek area say the see helicopters daily and this was no helicopter.
Over 150 comments flooded another facebook page commenting on the sighting that has believers intrigued.
“I think so. I think we have visitors sometimes.”
“I’ve seen a movie and when I see it I think yeah there’s other..people out there, aliens out there and different creatures.”

The topic is one that catches the attention of many people across the world.
There have been large investigations even some coming forward with what they say are top secret government documents that prove there are visitors from other planets.
There are some who are taking the sighting very seriously wondering what was seen in the skies of Laredo last night. But for others it’s more of a laughing matter.
“Do you believe in that kind of stuff? No I don’t.” “No. I don’t believe in UFOs.”
In fact there were many who heard of the sighting early this morning saw the facebook posts ran outside to see the light and it wasn’t there at all.
For some just a joke, for others, it’s proof that we are not alone.
“Not by a long shot .. not by a long shot.”

We did speak with airport officials just a few minutes ago. They say there were no flights leaving from the Laredo Airport but there were flights in the area. And by the way, the Webb County Heritage Foundation will be hosting the first-ever Laredo UFO conference in November. “

from levelbeyond.com...

edit on 26-8-2011 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join