It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Junk vs American Jobs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
On occasion I get emails that actually make sense and not just trying to sell me a piece of junk, male enhancement or whatever the latest fad is. Ideas like this are ones that you and I can use to change the world we live in. It's a sure bet that Washington isn't going to do anything like balancing the trade with China any time soon, so we should start doing our part to change it on our own. China has proven time and again, they don't care if the stuff you buy from them is safe for you and your kids, as long as you buy it. Obviously Wal-Mart doesn't either, they're the ones selling the crap. This was supposed to start Aug 1 and go till Sept 1, so I'm a bit late in getting this out. But sometimes better late than never. My family is doing this and I sincerely hope many of you will too. American jobs are worth a few more dollars at the checkout. Yes, I know this is not a new idea.

VERY GOOD IDEA!

AUGUST 1st to Sept. 1st

Well over 50 yrs ago I knew a lady who would not buy Christmas gifts if they were made in China . Her daughter will recognize her in the following.

Did y'all see Diane Sawyer's special report? They removed ALL items from a typical, middle class family's home that were not made in the USA .

There was hardly anything left besides the kitchen sink. Literally. During the special they showed truckloads of items - USA made - being brought in to replace everything and talked about how to find these items and the difference in price etc..

It was interesting that Diane said if every American spent just $64 more than normal on USA made items this year, it would create something like
200,000 new jobs!

I WAS BUYING FOOD THE OTHER DAY AT WALMART and ON THE LABEL OF SOME PRODUCTS IT SAID 'FROM CHINA '

FOR EXAMPLE THE "OUR FAMILY" BRAND OF THE MANDARIN ORANGES SAYS RIGHT ON THE CAN 'FROM CHINA '

I WAS SHOCKED SO FOR A FEW MORE CENTS I BOUGHT THE LIBERTY GOLD BRAND OR THE DOLE SINCE IT'S FROM CALIF.

Are we Americans as dumb as we appear --- or --- is it that we just do not think. The Chinese, knowingly and intentionally, export inferior and even toxic products and dangerous toys and goods to be sold in American markets.

70% of Americans believe that the trading privileges afforded to the Chinese should be suspended.

Why do you need the government to suspend trading privileges? DO IT YOURSELF, AMERICA !!

Simply look on the bottom of every product you buy, and if it says 'Made in China ' or 'PRC' (and that now includes Hong Kong ), simply choose another product, or none at all. You will be amazed at how dependent you are on Chinese products, and you will be equally amazed at what you can do without.

Who needs plastic eggs to celebrate Easter? If you must have eggs, use real ones and benefit some American farmer. Easter is just an example. The point is do not wait for the government to act. Just go ahead and assume control on your own.

THINK ABOUT THIS: If 200 million Americans each refuse to buy just $20 of Chinese goods, that's a billion dollar trade imbalance resolved in our favor...fast!!

Most of the people who have been reading about this matter are planning on implementing this on Aug. 1st and continue it until Sept. 1st. That is only one month of trading losses, but it will hit the Chinese for 1/12th of the total, or 8%, of their American exports. Then they might have to ask themselves if the benefits of their arrogance and lawlessness were worth it.

Remember, August 1st to Sept. 1st !!!!!! START NOW.

Send this to everybody you know. Let's show them that we are Americans and NOBODY can take us for granted.

If we can't live without cheap Chinese goods for one month out of our lives, WE DESERVE WHAT WE GET!

Pass it on, America ...
Well instead of doing it for just 1 month why not try to do it all the time.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

I have ceased to buy from Wal-Mart for quite awhile now. Haven't had a credit card since '88 and always try to buy local. Even my clothes. I always look at the label or go to a tailor. By the way..tailors are freakin' expensive!

It can be hard, but it is doable.

But it's hard to buy a totally US made vehicle nowadays. The parts are made everywhere and assembled everywhere.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
You might be interested in buying these books which go into detail about China and the U.S. economic views and trades.
Chimarica book list

For more information on the term Chimarica.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
i remember growing up when VCR's and TV's were ALL made in america. i am sick of outsourcing. once they started doing it, i knew we were in trouble. i make t-shirts, and my partners mentioned we could save money if we printed on imported shirts. i said if we do, im out. we only print on american made clothes.

the scam is this. if the remote control breaks, or your cable box breaks, you bring it back to the company, right? they throw it into a giant pile of 'garbage' and just hand you a 'new' just as crappy made in china box.

the shame is, these companies STILL profit. but instead of making 30 dollars profit, if it is made in the usa, they can 'outsource' and make 33 dollars profit. it just that small a margin. they still profit, but the internationalists want 'more' profit.

the quest for 'profit' is an old testamant sumerian scam. i seek the five excellencies in life, i could care less about profit. once i see how these supranationalists kill each other over 'profit' and 'gold' i want to be the opposite of them in every aspect. i am not sumerian. i am not old testamant. hence the reason i will never outsource.

in fact, we are going to make toys, and 'everyone' says it is impossible to make them in america. yet i do some research, and i find quite a few manufacturers here who want to make them. anything is possible, as long as you are not lazy.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
It's some of our budgets and the turning to the 'throw away' culture. Why keep using something that is dirty or breaks easy, I can buy a made in China replaceable for less than the hassle of repair. See the cycle?

I am in agreement. Is the info from a source, as it appears if so you should really share so the thread stays around.

Seventy percent of American's dislike the trade? Thought it was less than though, yet we are most forced into it can see why the dislike, when I believe it may have been more valued in the past.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
don't assume just because it says made in USA or where ever that it actually is anyway

i used to work for one of the largest uk pottery companies and they had a great trick since the "made in england" label helped to sell stuff to visitors all they did was get the stuff made in indonesia and then ship it back and slap on the "made in england" backstamp and voila it was classed as made in england legally which meant we could charge 2-3 times the cost compared to "made in indonesia" stuff

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

Dammit, for a second I thought you were going to talk about life on ancient Chinese sailing vessels.

^ That's a Chinese Junk. You need to clarify these things a bit more.
edit on 24-8-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Believe it or not Chinese laborers accept a salary at a maximum of 5-10 dollars per day. Can you see how much is the difference compare to US wage? That is why produce cheaper low quality products and to worsen that, almost all companies are thinking of transferring their production to China.

top topics

join