It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Realizations from early childhood surfacing.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Recently, memories from my early childhood have been popping up in my mind. One in particular is a memory from when I was very young, maybe 3 years old, that I always had and never made sense to me. It was simply the question, "is there any more here that are like me and will I be able to recognize them if I see them." this may seem like a pretty normal thought except the quality of it was very profound, like there was something very different about me. I haven't thought of it since that age and all of a sudden it just came back to me as fresh as yesterday. Btw...I am 40yrs old. Just thought I would see if anyone could relate. Thanks for your replies in advance.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
It would be very rare for a 3 year old to feel so isolated as to say that to themselves. Most of those who reacted that way would probably be closer to 10--which is still young to feel that way.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

I agree, though I should also clarify that the feeling associated with that question was one of curiosity not isolation. I remember that I would really look into peoples eyes to try and really "see" them beyond their faces.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
ive been doing that since 5, ive never stopped, you mean you dont user your powers?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Guess what-
They're here on ATS - well, most of them on ATS...
I would hope

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
You're not alone, OP. I have had the memory of before my birth being with two older, wise-men types who allowed me to choose which family I would be born to. There were two choices. "They" we giving me a brief history of what my life would possibly be like and how many siblings I would have, etc. and whether I would be male or female. I actually heard the question in my mind "Do you wish to be male or female?" It is a very clear memory. It was not a dream. When I was a child I would tell my parents about it, told them I chose them, they simply laughed.

I always felt different from everyone else and people always commented on how "odd" and "quiet" and "grown-up" I was. I, like you, have wondered if there were others like me and I have also been searching. Also, I have prophetic dreams and also can sense when something tragic is about to happen. I know a woman is pregnant. I dreamed 9-11. I dreamed Natalie Wood's death. I dreamed Chernobyl and many, many others. I know many will say I am a psycho, but that is untrue. I am just a normal person, work everyday, don't take drugs of any kind and don't eat meat. Just an everyday person who has a good memory. I have only shared this with my sister and shared it here because I finally think I have found someone who would understand and believe me.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Do you think that you might have partially answered your childhood question in "finding others like you" right here on ATS? Maybe that was the reason for the memory resurfacing?
I do think that this is indeed where a lot of the the weird folk hang out

Thanks for the thread. While I read your post, a childhood memory of mine resurfaced so I thought i'd share:

When I was younger, I used to keep all of my special trinkets in a box at the bottom of my cupboard. One day when I was about 5 years old, I found a magic marker and decided to write something special on top of my box of special belongings. I remember that I eventually wrote down, "I Love love".

My mom walked in and when she saw what I wrote, she asked me what I meant by it. I replied by saying that it wasn't the things in the box that were special to me, but it was rather the feeling I got from looking at them which I really appreciated. I then told her that one can always learn to love something, so rather love 'love'.

She looked at me strangely before walking away, and I haven't thought of it since.

Just called my mom to ask her if she remembered that happening, and she told me to stop being strange haha.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by dyllels

Maybe you're right. Though for me it seems that my thought was I would be able to look into someones eyes...beyond their physical appearance and recognize them that way. I don't know, strange.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by alpinestar
Recently, memories from my early childhood have been popping up in my mind. One in particular is a memory from when I was very young, maybe 3 years old, that I always had and never made sense to me. It was simply the question, "is there any more here that are like me and will I be able to recognize them if I see them." this may seem like a pretty normal thought except the quality of it was very profound, like there was something very different about me. I haven't thought of it since that age and all of a sudden it just came back to me as fresh as yesterday. Btw...I am 40yrs old. Just thought I would see if anyone could relate. Thanks for your replies in advance.

I can relate, in a most direct manner. Nice to meet you alpinestar, I cannot remember seeing you in here before, even though you have been here for awhile. I guess we just never came together in a thread before.

I am like you, in early childhood I was seeing ghosts, speaking with beings from the skies, and thought nothing of this, in fact, I thought this to me normal, and was quite surprised when I sadly discovered I was the only one. I could not confide in my Mom, she was a fundamentalist Christian, and when I told her a little about my "Visitors" she immediately named them "demons," and that was that. In school, I discovered that I knew more than the teachers, and by the time I reached the age of 15 in 1968, I left school and started working.

I have always known I was "different" from most everyone else. However, I have been able, thought internet forums such as this, to make contact with others like me, and now I write almost daily with seven others who share most things with me. One is a talented artist, and had shown several times, another is a published author whom most would recognize if I posted the name. One worked for a secret agency I will not name, he has told me a great many things not known by most. There are also the "Visitors," they still come, and have shown me many things, took me places off planet, and are very loving and caring toward me and my family, who are quite aware of these things. I have two children who are grown, both are like me in every way, we share the same blood and DNA.

Know this, alpinestar, you are not alone, you never was. Love and Light be with you. Autowrench

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by alpinestar
reply to post by dyllels

Maybe you're right. Though for me it seems that my thought was I would be able to look into someones eyes...beyond their physical appearance and recognize them that way. I don't know, strange.

Yeah, I know what you mean. This stuff can sometimes be very hard to put into words

I was thinking that the memory might be a sort of trigger? Next time it pops into your head have a look around, stare into people's eyes to just see what happens?

In the past, I have had a sort of 'tunnel-vision' when meeting an influential person in my life, and it has always been accompanied with an associated memory or feeling.
So in that way, maybe your memory might be a trigger to you saying, "someone of importance is near-by", or "there is something here you should see".

What do you think?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
the past few weeks ive been having some weird resurfacing memories about times when i was completely confused as a child regarding the world and society and its like im able to work out the confusions i had when i was very young but with my current capacity for reason, it feels like ive been mending old wounds.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dyllels

Yeah, that resonates well. I just wish I was more in tune with myself. The level I am at now is difficult. I feel my intuition growing but am still very logical and wonder where intuition stops and egoic imagination begins. I have this issue with many of my beliefs. Channeled messages in particular resonate so much that I feel I could of written much of what I read but I have to acknowledge that I wonder how deep my subconscious mind and "hope" of these things to be true is factoring in a subtle way.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I had a memory from 4 or 5 pop into my head the other day. I was walking with my mom near some apartment buildings by my house, and for whatever reason we were talking about death, I can't remember what she said, but it was something along the lines of "You wouldn't have been born if (fill in the blank) happened)" And I turned to her and said, "Yes I would, I just would have been born as someone else". I think back on that now, and it certainly sends my mind on a trip. I believe children, being so new to this existence, still have much wisdom from prior to being born, it is this society however, that conditions them so young and so well, that they completely forget. One of my opinions anyway...

new topics

top topics

join