It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stunning Photos Of The Damage Caused By The East Coast Earthquake, Vows to rebuild

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Okay so this thread is a little tongue in cheek...
Still ya gotta love the sense of humor these survivors are displaying...
For more photos like these Click here\

it wasn't all fun and games... there was real damage done

I'm still waiting for a figure on how many were injured
youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
great humor with the first couple..LOL!
I hope the number injured is very low and that damage is at a minimum.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

I had a loose thumbtack fall off of my desk at work also!! I could have been hurt.....

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

LOL

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I live about 60 miles from the epicenter yet felt nothing.
It did sound like a freight train going through my back yard for about 15 seconds though.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

if it makes you feel better...
I was living out in Calif back in the 80's when I went through my first quake... something like a 4.8
I don't remember the quake itself... but I do remember my wife smacking me on the shoulder "Quite shaking the bed, I'm trying to sleep!" that was my first quake experience..
edit on 24-8-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
i think on the whole people wayyy over reacted. evacuating the pentagon. really? the national monument DOES look crooked, but cmon people...not that big of a deal.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
More photos of the damage can be found here. A few of the photos actually look like things were shook up quite a bit.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

From where I sit the Pentagon always looked crooked... and I'm not referring to the Four walls and a spare aspect...

Still ya gotta admit it was their first quake of any size in what... 114 years...pretty exciting stuff... your first time around... live in a place where that happens every year and well the magic wears off pretty quickly

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Well, they did find out that the Washington Monument wasnt tilting, but did suffer some damage and is therefore closed indefinately

newyork.ibtimes.com...

Holly

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Yes the monument does look crooked, or perhaps it always was and we didn't notice?
Or we could just call it "The Leaning Tower of Washington"

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Thanks for the good laugh.

I live in CA and don't get too upset unless there is a big shake.

I was recently in Costa Rica and there was a magnitude 6 quake. I was at the airport and people literally started running around in circles screaming. The guy that was announcing the boarding of our plane dropped his microphone and ran away.

My wife and I sat in our chairs and kind of went whoa that was a good shake. But, it wasn't worth coming unhinged about .

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Meh, my second monitor actually fell off the desk, being in the third floor of an old house things where really moving. now i have to dish out 100$ to replace it >.> not soo funny really. i thought the side of my house was coming down.
edit on 24-8-2011 by gougitousakusha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
I live about 60 miles from the epicenter yet felt nothing.
It did sound like a freight train going through my back yard for about 15 seconds though.

the people in the same house as me didnt know untill hours after. difference was they where on the first floor and i was asleep in the attic. could feel floorboards bending and doors where banging but everyone 2 floors below was oblivious. now i understand how easy it is to mistake those for poltergeist if you didnt know better.
edit on 24-8-2011 by gougitousakusha because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join