It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Sighting In Skies Over Laredo - August 23rd, 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Not sure if this was posted or not… I did search, came up with nothing… but if this was posted please delete….
... Still new to posting threads so if any mistakes please don't attack me...

I guess I wasn’t the only one yesterday to witnessed few weird things in the sky… but NY and TX are far from each other... (posted a thread last night...

From the site:

Dozens of Laredo residents woke up to see a bright light in the sky that some say they just cannot explain.
Many people are now saying what they saw was a UFO in the sky over south Laredo before four this morning.

Link: (I hope it works)
www.pro8news.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocks123

Hi, I cannot see why this wouldn't be a regular star. It doesn't appear to move in the footage. Bu hey, maybe I missed something

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocks123

A few things come to mind:

a) I'm not an astronomer but .... it looks like a star. I understand that the people on Facebook were saying they saw it moving, but it's not on the video, so it just looks like a star.
b) When did Facebook take the place of actual interviews? Yes, they interviewed some people, but they based part of their investigation on Facebook posts.
c) When it got to the end, I LOLed greatly as it makes it way more difficult to take the entire story seriously.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Yesterday, actually last night I witnessed very strange lights in the sky… I have no idea what it was, nor will I ever know… however I wont label myself as expert or “all knowing” but having knowledge in aircrafts and having ability to see and utilize my brains along with analytical judgment my conclusion is that it was something UKNOWN… my 70 year old neighbor was convinced it was a message from god… lol

We can debate and guess, but at the end of the day we don’t have enough evidence to know what those things are… therefore I try not to judge or question people’s story… just trying to gather “sightings” the increase in them and how the media reacts to them… so I think we should all share our findings for our “mental files”… lol

I read their stories… but can’t say I believe them… just like I don’t believe everything government or media provides… just keeping my head open

I am type of the person who will never believe unless I can see it, touch it, taste it… so far everything just like a religion and unicorns are theories… nothing more and nothing less… but after a huge internal argument few years ago I decided I rather try to educate myself on everything that is available and see how far I can go…and if I die without ever finding an answer at least I tried… the motto is … I rather fail than regret for never trying… and sense of humor does help

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I posted this in the other thread so I'll post it here seeing as this is the original thread

Video of the UFO in the OP

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Thank you! much better vs the one they showed on the news....

I am investing in camera... a good one... here goes my UGGS

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

If this is an airplane we should be able to learn something about the rate of the flashing light. Maybe if we are lucky some aircraft aficionado will enlighten us about the flashing light.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
After watching the video, im thinking two things. First there seems to be a stationary object (im guessing a star) that seems to be going in and out of focus. If you compare it to the leaves on the tree you can see that everytime it looks like its flashing the leaves look blurry. So the camera seems to be focusing. Now im probably guessing this isn't part of what they are looking at. That most likely is a star.

Now for the object flying by, it seems to be moving like an airplane to me. The camera seems to be having a hard time focusing towards the end so it is hard to tell. Could be an airplane or maybe some military thing going on. I'm not sure if they have a base around. I'm always wary of UFO sightings around military bases because 80% of the time it is always around some military installation. Interesting video though.

new topics

top topics

join