It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Why Liberals Are More Intelligent Than Conservatives" - Psychology Today Magazine

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wanders
Liberals, no matter how hard they pat themselves on the back, they still choke on the BS.

And we will continue to choke as long as you guys keep showering the Earth with said BS, I am
tired of choking, contact your boys and tell em to put down the poo poo.

Also

Remember

Corporations are people my friend

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
wow this sounds like something you would see in religion. Only if you are this religion you will be enlightened.

Bunch of BS. I'm not liberal or conservative. Heck I don't even know what I am. Nor do I care!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by IWANT2B3LI3V3

That's right, the topic being brought up about political parties is just to give all the people something to argue about, what i can't understand is people who argue in the defense of power crazy rich freaks, who could give two you know whats about.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by joeym1991

what i can't understand is people who argue in the defense of power crazy rich freaks, who could give two you know whats about.

Because they believe in 'that dream' - that they too can one day be 'one of them' ...and that 'one of them' will enable 'that dream' of theirs to become reality
edit on 25-8-2011 by Ellen15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel

4. "Dunno, but it doesn't help the conservatives in this thread I don't think."

This is the big one. Irrelevant of what you meant, this statement can be taken a few ways--was not really persuing what you meant, by the way. But it brings up questions, as well: Does a lack of education show in this thread? Does a lack of conservatives in the educational system prove that liberals are smarter? My fault for not showing any transition there, but it's not that far a jump from what you stated. It could be followed--sorry if you didn't. People aren't mindreaders.

Thanks for the apology, as the transition wasn't to 'user-friendly'. I agree the jump was taking it a bit far. What I said was suggestive as such I suppose. Sorry. Not what I meant. It was still a jump...a jump to conclusions you didn't have enough reason for I feel, but I understand that my words were ambiguous...

Does a lack of conservatives in the educational system prove that liberals are smarter?

No it doesn't. You're right though, that is an interesting question. The stats I mentioned are not directly connected to that question. I am, again, just stating that the majority of student and faculty appear to be liberal, and I personally think that education influences people to be more liberal. I mean nothing more then that. I think the argument you want to make is that education is not correlated to intelligence?... or that there is some socio/economical reason why there is less republicans in Academia?

To be more blunt. The more people learn in college, the more they are liberal and not conservative. That's what the stats tell me. The reason for this? I don't know. That's why I have been ambiguous to begin with... I am certainly open to opinion, argument, debate... just don't make it personal

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by The Revenant

I think many liberals are fools. Ether that, or they're intellectually dishonest. It's no suprise that pride is a common denominator to many of the jobs they have. Who wouldn't want to spend his life telling others what to think if he was convinced of his own brlliance?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

most liberals think 9/11 was an outside job, according to polls. nuff said.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
So if somebody is a swing voter, are they prone temporary bouts of intelligence?
Second Line

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Why do people care?

LMAO.

Even the average is dumb for both.
Having an IQ of 100 is just as bad as 96

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
without knowing the sample size, how do we know that the results are statistically significant?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
There's a saying, "it doesn't matter if your liberal or conservative if your into politics, your still slow".
Went something around like that.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel

Originally posted by xxsomexpersonxx
Another statistic is that the more intelligent and educated people become, the less likely they are to be religious.(Compare the rate of christian scientists to the overall christian population).

Really, did you know that most Creationists have to hide their beliefs in order to get their degrees in the scientific field? You're blackballed if you use science and God or Intelligent Design in the same conversation. Since I knew it would be an uphill battle to get a degree in that field, although I ACTd out of both Biologies (forget CLEP), I wouldn't get into those programs for much less than being threatened with death.

All that having more people with the same beliefs in 1 area of the workforce proves is that there is a eletist system of some sort in place.

Can you offer evidence of this? As I scientist, you're not gonna get away with pushing any idea without actual factual basis. Whether that's God, or anything else. You're beliefs in private don't affect you're scientific credibiliy as long as they aren't hindering your judgement. You're also gonna be for the first time in your life, a minority amongst peers. you're believes won't be the big tough guy on the block. Feeling oppressed by that, is like an overly spoiled kid feeling mistreated because he's not being as spoiled as he's used to.

When scientists are offered to partake in a poll about their religion, your saying that most believers still deny their beliefs for that poll? Even though the 5% that do don't get any grief for it?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by rationalistswagger

because iq is a function of statistics, given a large enough sample, it should be 100, which is why they are able to claim that liberals have a higher iq on average.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Dude... you have made my month. I usually don't even bother with politics on a social level because you are meant to live free.

GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

So writes the liberal......

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
i think this says it all.

''We are going from authoritative and informative to accessible, interesting and entertaining,'' in an article titled "Psychology Magazine's New Look"

PSYCHOLOGY TODAY, [is] owned ... by the American Psychological Association

Dr. Judith Rodin has been president of the Rockefeller Foundation since 2005....
At Yale University, Dr. Rodin chaired the Department of Psychology...., she helped pioneer the fields of behavioral medicine and health psychology. ... earned her both the American Psychological Association’s Distinguished Early Career Award in 1977 and its Distinguished Lifetime Contribution Award in 2005.... She is also a director of AMR Corporation, Citigroup Inc. and Comcast.

www.rockefellerfoundation.org...

Psychologists and psychiatrists are also the ones working with Rockefeller owned Big Pharma to get kids hooked on "Ritalin a drug that has a more potent effect on the brain than coc aine."

...there is an ominous trend that, strangely, doesn't seem to concern people as much as it should: Millions of children are now taking psychotropic drugs. And they're not doing it illegally, but by prescription. In fact, the medical and educational establishments are conducting a skyrocketing campaign to get kids, and their parents, to “just say yes” to brain-altering pharmaceuticals, with the drug of choice being Ritalin....

...Thomas Moore, senior fellow in health policy at George Washington University Medical Center, who feels that brain damage from Ritalin is more common than has been admitted, often questions the rationale of giving Ritalin to children, stating that the chemical imbalance theory has not been established by any scientific evidence.....

Psychologist Diane McGuiness summed up the situation in 1991 by saying, “We have invented a disease, given it medical sanction, and now must disown it. The major question is, how do we go about destroying the monster we’ve created? It is not easy to do this and still save face.”

www.familyrightsassociation.com...

Rockefeller and Big Pharma

...petrochemical giants organized a coup on the medical research facilities, hospitals and universities. The Rockefeller family sponsored research and donated sums to universities and medical schools which had drug based research. They further extended this policy to foreign universities and medical schools where research was drug based through their "International Education Board". Establishments and research which were were not drug based were refused funding and soon dissolved in favor of the lucrative pharmaceutical industry.

...The Rockefeller empire, in tandem with Chase Manhattan Bank (now JP Morgan Chase), owns over half of the pharmaceutical interests in the United States. It is the largest drug manufacturing combine in the world. Since WWII, the pharmaceutical industry has steadily netted increasing profits to become the world's second largest manufacturing industry...

In 1939 a "Drug Trust" alliance was formed by the Rockefeller empire and the German chemical company IG Farben (Bayer)...

Auschwitz was the largest mass extermination factory in human history. However, few people are aware that Auschwitz was a 100% subsidiary of IG Farben....

After WWII, IG Farben attempted to shake its abominable image through corporate restructuring and renaming. So great has been their success that the public has no idea that it many of the men responsible for such atrocities, were able to carry on their work even after the collapse of the Nazi regime. Namely, a medical paradigm that relies almost exclusively highly toxic drugs. Such men were in control of the large chemical and pharmaceutical companies, both well before and after Hitler.....

For almost three decades after WWII, BASF, Bayer and Hoechst (Aventis) filled their highest position, chairman of the board, with former members of the Nazi regime. Bayer has been sued by survivors of medical experiments.... www.sourcewatch.org...

Seems Independents are smarter than BOTH because we bother to dig and turn over rocks to find the stinking mess underneath.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I believe statically, this is true....Liberals are smarter. This is based on the people I know who vote Conservative, as well as these people who call in to talk radio. I think Conservative voters have no idea of what the people they vote for represent.

Conservatives want to end Social Security and Medicare...even though everyone pays into these programs (even minimum wage earners) our whole life.

Conservatives do not want Universal Healthcare of any kind. They want to keep the status quo. A system where only the wealthy can afford great healthcare. The rest of us can't even get it unless we're healthy with no pre-existing conditions and can afford it. Or if we're lucky enough to work for an employer who offers it...however, only 50% of employers even offer a health plan now.

Conservatives applauded the Ryan plan which will eliminate Medicare, and put seniors on a voucher plan. Trust me, this would be a first step of eventually ending Government help of healthcare of any kind. A voucher plan would mean seniors would have to shell out alot of money on their own for healthcare if they could even find a company to sell it to them!

Conservatives say we have a crisis in Social Security, even though Social Security hasn't added one dime to our deficit ever! They want to scare people to "reform" it because heaven forbid those rich people actually have to contribute like the rest of us. Yes, once you make over $106,000 a year you no longer have to contribute. And yes, everyone can receive SS benefits no matter what your income is....even Bill Gates.

Conservatives do not want to regulate the financial sector, even though it put us on the brink of a economic depression. Doesn't it make sense to ensure this doesn't happen again?

Conservatives want to eliminate the Department of Education. What? Education only accounts for less than 4% of our Federal Budget, and grants are included in that small percentage that help many kids go to college who wouldn't be able to afford it otherwise.

So yes, Conservatives are not as smart. They are voting for a party that want to cut everything that matters to the middle class - retirement, healthcare, education, etc. All these cuts, and for what? More tax cuts for the rich! Did you know over the last 10 years, the top 1% of earners in this country have seen their income double? All the while, they're paying less money in taxes on this money. Did you know the percentage of income the rich pay are at its lowest level in 60 years?

Conservative politicians try to fool people by selling them on the idea that cutting taxes on the rich is good for the economy...their wealth will "trickle" down to the rest of us. They say these people are job creators. Well, the rich have gotten Significant tax cuts to historically low levels over the past 10 years....where are the jobs? Unemployment over the past 10 years have went from 2% to 10%. Corporations are making record profits, but still aren't hiring....and many of these corporations pay 0 taxes. General Electric paid 0 taxes last year, but made record profits of 14 Billion...not only did they pay zero taxes, they got back a 2 billion dollar rebate! In return, they have shed jobs, shipped them overseas, and cut pensions and benefits and salaries.

Just remember this, in the 40s and 50s this country experienced an economic boom and the rich were taxed two to three times more then.

So yes, I think conservatives are not smarter because they are voting for politicians who don't represent any of their interests at all....who make them believe Social Security is welfare....or that Government is evil.

They believe in Social Darwinism, but don't believe in Darwin.

Why would anyone vote for these guys when they don't represent you? Is it a social issue...is it because they are against gay marriage, and so are you so that's why you support them. Is one or two social issues enough to vote for people who, if in power, would seriously hurt the standing of the middle class.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien
There's a saying, "it doesn't matter if your liberal or conservative if your into politics, your still slow".
Went something around like that.

It's you're, not your.
So either you're slow, or the person who created the original quote was.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Conservatism is deeply poisoned by religion, which is quite a big turn-off for inteligentsia. That may be one of the factors responsible for this, even more in the US where Christians tend to be more of the crazy-type.

I also like this part of the definition of liberalism from the article:

genuine concern for the welfare of genetically unrelated others

Anyway, I dont subscribe to conservative/liberal divide, it is a gross oversimplification of real world and possible political ideologies.
edit on 25/8/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Got to get to work but thought I would share some real research on the subject.
Link

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join