It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth could seed life on other planets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Hi all, this is my first thread creation(other than my introduction) and is going to be very basic. simply put, I was trawling the internet today at work(i'm an estate agent, not always busy) and came across this on the BBC website.Link
Here is an excerpt

Asteroid impacts on the Earth may have scattered more life-bearing debris to Mars, Jupiter or beyond our Solar System than previously thought.

With more and more information like this becoming available, I have to ask, when is the probable existence of life on other planets going to become the norm rather than a taboo within science circles?
This article is stating that there are life forms in existence on our own planet that are able to withstand the extremes of deep space and the extremes of other planets with the very real possibility of ejection from our planet.

So, in the space of the last 12 - 18 months, we have gone from there is very little possibility of planets existing in 'the goldilocks zone' to... there are many many planets in our own galaxy in that zone, to there is now life on our own planet that doesn't really have any need for the goldilocks zone and could actually exist elsewhere in our own solar system.... what next?

Anyway, i thought this was interesting.
edit on 24-8-2011 by lammypie999 because: link in wrong place

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by lammypie999

Asteroid impacts on the Earth may have scattered more life-bearing debris to Mars, Jupiter or beyond our Solar System than previously thought.

Or it could be the other way around.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I look at space and life as one. I think that space is TEAMING with life, and has been ever since the creation.
I believe (maybe)thats how we got here on this planet. I think life was transfered to this planet via comets/meteors from all different kinds of planets. I think the vast amount of life here on earth is collection of
different types of life from abroad all joined up at one intersection of the galaxy.

But thats just what I believe.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Yes it could. Just as Earth was seeded many eons ago. If we do ever make it to another planet and seed it with life, we could write a book about how we are Gods and we will come back at some point which noone can know until it happens. That would be cool!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by lammypie999

Or it could be the other way around.

Could, sure, but we have abundant evidence of life HERE, not elsewhere, so it is far more likely that we seed outwards.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Really interesting. But l think we are from out there. Brought together on this planet after the asteroide destroyed all other life. Think logically, if the biggest and strongest were killed how on could we have survived. As 'primitive' as we were. Or were we? Think about

new topics

top topics

join