It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The SCP Foundation, what the hell is it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I found a site that is called the SCP Foundation, the stuff on there is creepy and I cant find anything about the foundation on the net, i tried searching ats but nothing came up, anyone have any ideas on what this site is on about? FCP Foundation link

Mankind must not go back to hiding in fear. No one else will protect us, we must stand up for ourselves. While the rest of mankind dwell in the light, we must stand in the darkness to combat it, contain it, and shield it from the eyes of the public, so that others may live in a sane, normal world.
We secure. We contain. We protect.
— "The Administrator", About the SCP Organization

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Wow....what the hell is that crap. This is honestly one of the weirdest websites I've ever seen. Nice find sonny.

Check this out:

Item #: SCP-173

Object class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: Item SCP-173 is to be kept in a locked container at all times. When personnel must enter SCP-173's container, no fewer than 3 may enter at any time and the door is to be relocked behind them. At all times, two persons must maintain direct eye contact with SCP-173 until all personnel have vacated and relocked the container.

Description: Moved to Site19 1993. Origin is as of yet unknown. It is constructed from concrete and rebar with traces of Krylon brand spray paint. SCP-173 is animate and extremely hostile. The object cannot move while within a direct line of sight. Line of sight must not be broken at any time with SCP-173. Personnel assigned to enter container are instructed to alert one another before blinking. Object is reported to attack by snapping the neck at the base of the skull, or by strangulation. In the event of an attack, personnel are to observe Class 4 hazardous object containment procedures.

Personnel report sounds of scraping stone originating from within the container when no one is present inside. This is considered normal, and any change in this behaviour should be reported to the acting HMCL supervisor on duty.

The reddish brown substance on the floor is a combination of feces and blood. Origin of these materials is unknown. The enclosure must be cleaned on a bi-weekly basis.

EDIT: After reading a few more pages this is obviously just some sort of joke or role-playing website. Some of this stuff is just laughable but still fun to read!
edit on 24-8-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
A short story found on the internet that has a fantastic, supernatural element that is meant to seem real but it is actually a piece of fiction, this is known as a creepy pasta, as it's meant to be posted anonymously on paranormal and conspiracy forums, passed of as truth but in reality it's a clever troll.

This site encourages the making of good creepy pasta, it has stringent rules on critiquing and contibuting.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Wow....what the hell is that crap. This is honestly one of the weirdest websites I've ever seen. Nice find sonny.

Check this out:

Item #: SCP-173

Object class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: Item SCP-173 is to be kept in a locked container at all times. When personnel must enter SCP-173's container, no fewer than 3 may enter at any time and the door is to be relocked behind them. At all times, two persons must maintain direct eye contact with SCP-173 until all personnel have vacated and relocked the container.

Description: Moved to Site19 1993. Origin is as of yet unknown. It is constructed from concrete and rebar with traces of Krylon brand spray paint. SCP-173 is animate and extremely hostile. The object cannot move while within a direct line of sight. Line of sight must not be broken at any time with SCP-173. Personnel assigned to enter container are instructed to alert one another before blinking. Object is reported to attack by snapping the neck at the base of the skull, or by strangulation. In the event of an attack, personnel are to observe Class 4 hazardous object containment procedures.

Personnel report sounds of scraping stone originating from within the container when no one is present inside. This is considered normal, and any change in this behaviour should be reported to the acting HMCL supervisor on duty.

The reddish brown substance on the floor is a combination of feces and blood. Origin of these materials is unknown. The enclosure must be cleaned on a bi-weekly basis.

EDIT: After reading a few more pages this is obviously just some sort of joke or role-playing website. Some of this stuff is just laughable but still fun to read!
edit on 24-8-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

Sounds right out of Dr Who ' Stone Angels"

2nd

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Cheerfulnihilist

haha, yea thats what i thought it would have to be, just wanted the view of ats members

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DesertedIsland

I think its kind of awesome but its "Secure. Contain. Protect." and its just a bunch of fictional phenomena that this agency "hides" from public life as to not freak us out/ not let people use it against us... SCP-993 is the creepiest fyi

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Also there is a game for download about some stairwell that foes on forever
scpcb.wordpress.com... if anyone is intrested

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DesertedIsland

I believe there may be more to this. If you go to youtube and search "is the SCP Foundation real" a couple of videos come up that are kinda intriguing. From there, I have found a website: www.scpfoundation.org

Everything appears to be blocked from 'unauthorized personnel'. However, I also found a phone number: 909-572-2602

I haven't called it myself yet, but I've seen several recordings of people calling it and they all showed the same thing: a prerecorded message saying "You have reached the SCP Foundation, Southern California, Division 19," (the site in which the game takes place), "Please include a message including date and time of incident, and a description of the incident itself."

Strangely, they don't request the location. However, there is reason in wondering if the wiki and game are just cover-ups for the actual agency. I don't believe the monsters from the wiki and game are genuine objects from the facilities, but I do believe they may be loosely based on our inspired from actual entities and anomalies held there.
edit on 10/13/2014 by Mindsnapt because: Fixed a typo.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DesertedIsland your signature has a grammar issue

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosha

That would be SCP-173: the most famous SCP and also the first SCP on the wiki. The image actually shows what is (said to be) a sculpture made by Japanese artist Izumi Kato. The original location of the artwork on the web can be found here.

Just as frightening in the game as it is in the image (if not more).

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

The website is exactly the storyline of TV series Warehouse 13
Down to many artifacts appearing in both the series and website.

Exact same thing, its a website about a warehouse collection of fictional stuff where warehouse 13 fans roleplay

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Cito

Ahahah, no. If anything, Warehouse 13 is ripping off the SCP wiki. I've been a wiki member since 2008, Warehouse 13 started in what...2010 or 2011? I like to think we've got better writers, too.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
There is a disclaimer in the "guide for newbies"..

"Introduction

Welcome to the SCP Foundation Wiki! We are happy to have you aboard our creative writing project, and hope you enjoy your stay.

All works posted on this wiki, unless otherwise stated, are works of fiction. This is not a Roleplay site. The Foundation does not exist."

And it goes on...

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mindsnapt

My bad, the number is actually 1-(951)-572-2602

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

a friend just introduced me to this website. some fantastic work of fiction. very enjoyable.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Good Sir Scp Foundation Came Out First........Gooo a invalid statement is invalid

new topics

top topics

join