It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Discovery! Dark Stars no warmer than a human body

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Source

NASA

NASA managed to discover about 100 new brown dwarfs with the WISE observatory (Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer). 6 of them appear to be very cool Y-dwarfs with surface temperatures no warmer than human body temperature. Of these 100 brown dwarfs the hottest have a surface temperature of 175°C while the coolest have a surface temperature of about 25°C.
Moreover, these room temperatured stars appear to be right in front of our own door... cosmically speaking
All the newly discovered stars are only between 9 to 40 lightyears away.
The brown dwarfs resemble characteristics similar to gas giants like Jupiter. The atmospheres mostly consist of ammonia, methane and water.

I guess there could be life on these stars, although probably struggling with gravity. What do you think?

edit on 24-8-2011 by CriticalCK because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by CriticalCK

Sorry.

I stopped reading at "german source"

After all the things I have been reading about former Nazis and their fake UFO's and this new spreading of claims that their is a special superior alien race of coincidentally white people living in the hollow earth, I don't believe or trust anything that comes from germans.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

well, obviously you stoped reading even before that, or you would have noticed that the news comes from NASA.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

And WHO started NASA ?

Hmmmm ?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

Sorry.

I stopped reading at "german source"

After all the things I have been reading about former Nazis and their fake UFO's and this new spreading of claims that their is a special superior alien race of coincidentally white people living in the hollow earth, I don't believe or trust anything that comes from germans.

racist much? The hypocracy in your statement is baffling, I dont trust Germans because the Nazi's were racist ......lool
edit on 24-8-2011 by auraelium because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by auraelium

Nope. Not racist. Just noticing a pattern. Sorry if that bothers you but white people are the ones exposing the fake UFO stuff so I guess they are self haters ?

All of this UFO stuff comes from a source that's more earthly than people who believe in that crap know. Read about it. It's all coming from the same people.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by auraelium

Nope. Not racist. Just noticing a pattern. Sorry if that bothers you but white people are the ones exposing the fake UFO stuff so I guess they are self haters ?

All of this UFO stuff comes from a source that's more earthly than people who believe in that crap know. Read about it. It's all coming from the same people.

Just.....
lol

Oh so the whole UFO phenomenon is a race issue.... I see.

edit on 24-8-2011 by auraelium because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

That's very cool! Thanks for the info!

Don't let this skepticconwatcher character hijack your thread with nonsense. Ignoring is always the best policy.

IRM

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Seriously what the hell are you talking about?
2nd line
edit on 24-8-2011 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
ATTENTION

Let's stay focused on the actual topic please!

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Good find

I wonder what resource value these stars have, and if they are minable?

Maybe miners would be squished by their gravity, but if in the future we have the ability to travel to these places then we may be able to overcome gravity issues.

Hmmmm..

S n F

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

No problem. I should stop clicking on these when I already know how I feel about it.

Sorry.

Carry on.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Hi there great read.. This might be a little off topic but you need certain amount of "posts" to make a thread as you guys know any who i cant make one but to anyone that can and has an xbox with live! go to the dashboard msn videos and theres a video of two fighter jets chasing or leading an UFO its a pretty weird video but check it out maybe one of you can post a thread on it thanks for your time

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I made a simular thread SnF yours for the data within, nice job

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
NASA easing population into Brown Dwarf Acceptance Today.

Looks like MSM is starting to get the masses ready for the "big one".

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

I had read about this when it came out, and there was something I read from the NASA source which I wanted to point out to people.

Those "Y" brown dwarfs were found by WISE easily because they are away from a star like our Sun, which means there could be at least one such "Y" brown dwarf closer to our Sun which would be much harder to see even with WISE.

Here is the part from the NASA source that is very interesting.

Astronomers study brown dwarfs to better understand how stars form, and to understand the atmospheres of planets beyond our solar system. The atmospheres of brown dwarfs are similar to those of gas-giant planets like Jupiter, but they are easier to observe because they are alone in space, away from the blinding light of a parent star.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

I don't get it?

Learn something..

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by OurLifeIsALie

Or we're just learning more and more about our neighbors?

new topics

top topics

join