It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Level Exercise 11: Fukushima on the Mississippi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Interesting article that was just released by Wired.

Fukushima on the Mississippi

More on NLE 11:

National Level Exercise 11, or NLE 11, was, in essence, a replay of a disaster that happened 200 years earlier. On Dec. 16, 1811, a magnitude 7.7 earthquake hit the New Madrid fault line, which lies on the border region of Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Arkansas, Kentucky, Tennessee and Mississippi. It’s by far the largest earthquake every to strike the United States east of the Rockies. Up to 129,000 square kilometers [50,000 square miles] were hit with “raised or sunken lands, fissures, sinks, sand blows, and large landslides,” according to the U.S. Geological Service. “Huge waves on the Mississippi River overwhelmed many boats and washed others high onto the shore. High banks caved and collapsed into the river; sand bars and points of islands gave way; whole islands disappeared.” People are far away as New York City were awakened by the shaking.

I've seen this discussed on ATS before. I totally believe that these quakes in CO, VA and now CA are all connected and I worry that this disaster will come to life somehow. Why would they simulate it *now*? Obviously, they expect something big to happen and soon.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
It'd be nice if the powers that be (I use that term tightly) weren't so focused on poisoning us with radiation.

But they aren't very nice, are they.

They don't need "HAARP" or whatever - they just need to build nuclear plants on fault lines, and let the tremors fall where they may.

new topics

join