It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's shutting down the reactors.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
Humorously enough I talked with someone who works for the local power company, and he was telling me about what a crazy day they had. When I asked him why, he mentioned about them having to supply power out of state due to the reactors that were shut down. At first I thought he meant because of the approaching hurricane, but he went on to explain that they automatically trip offline due to seismic activity.

Aah OK, as i suspected in my very first reply! Thanks for putting this out here.

They probably lowered the Magnitude that triggers these 'shut-downs' or the amount of activity around it, after Japan distaster.

Thanks again

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
Ha, too funny. The one event that you could tie this into (japan) you took off the table. Your logic and ability to "connect" the dots is obviously far and above mine guess.

Maybe you could list the similarities a little better so I can understand how you linked all these events?

You are like a dog with a bone, Japan was a very obvious and known natural disaster reasonably close to the quake(s) itself unlike the list of stations in the US that suddenly shut down, there was more than just a shutdown there, it was a complete breach.

Most likely reason being poor building standards in a known EQ hot spot.

And I still question the wording they used, if seismic activity is a known reason for shut down then its odd to describe it as unusual in a report purely because the words indicate mystery which other may relate to as fear, surely if it was a known fail safe you would just say that and people would have been happy to hear the whole thing was treated perfectly.

And for the last time, I'm not saying UFO, little green men or Ronald Bloody McDonald was involved, I'm still saying that the last time a set of nuclear components did something this odd there were reports of ufo activity THERE, I'm not saying there has been a single report of UFO activity here now re these plants.

Its an open question, there's no need to get a hard on behind the keyboard over this, if you think you are above this then either use the ignore feature or read something more 'intelligent' that you aspire to.

Edit: sorry I apologise for that last cheap shot....I do not wish to turn to that level, you have your thoughts, I have mine

edit on 24-8-2011 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

I think the related thread here shows a theory that I think deserves more credence than is getting. What if the same scenario happened and in fact the venting of steam caused the use of haarp that caused the earthquake AGAIN?

The video in the related thread

Furthermore, it was the UN who allowed this, the use of dodgy uranium, and for those who look closely know the UN is the NWO. They have brought this upon the planet knowingly. All these reactors and going to need to shut down. Many wont properly and need to vent and chemtrails and haarp will be used again causing more chaos. This is the plan. Depopulation. Entire Northern Hemisphere.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I'm tellin you man, it's those CHINESE LANTERNS shutting down the reactors!!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc

Can we keep the Japan event out of this, its totally unrelated and was the cause of a natural disaster, the fact it remains a deadly event is very worrying but unrelated.

The 3 Japanese nuclear reactors that went critical with all of that uranium and plutonium.....could be blasting a neutron beam straight thru the planets core causing Earthquakes or worse on the other side of the planet...or anywhere's.....depending where the neutron beam is aimed.

The pile of radioactive material that went critical in Japan is massive. There's no way they can stop the criticality still on going. Unless we NUKE the 3 reactors to save the planet....which would remove Japan from maps forever.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Reading the comments I'm being made out to be a full on ultra believer in little green men, but the truth is somewhat less, although I'm not a big name on here and never sought to be if you read my posts on the UFO idea you will see that I am very level headed on the subject. I do believer we are not alone in this vastness but I do not and never will just take a ufo report on zero merit, I go through each one trying to find a valid practical reason for it being a normal event or a faked event, I do this simply because you have to if you really want to have a fair mind about all this.

So to suddenly be classed as a crank actually makes me laugh a little...

Oh well, I shall find my tin foil hat.....

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

The 3 Japanese nuclear reactors that went critical with all of that uranium and plutonium.....could be blasting a neutron beam straight thru the planets core causing Earthquakes or worse on the other side of the planet...or anywhere's.....depending where the neutron beam is aimed.

Um.....no. Sorry. I know you probably read this on the internet somewhere, or your ignorance regarding nuclear physics combined with your ignorance concerning plate tectonics has given you the ability to come to such an absurd conclusion....but um...yeah....no. Your wrong and either mislead, purposely deluded by someone else, or deluded yourself.

Unless, of course, you can take a moment and tell us how your neutron beam would cause any, not just these, but any earthquake. Don't bother, because you can't. But yes, it is fun to play make believe, isn't it? Unfortunately, the ignorance of make believe has left the aliens/ufo subject to be a laughing joke and it can't be taken seriously by the people we need it to be. Shame, it seems we are forever to remain our own worst enemy....

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc
Please, I'm not saying aliens do everything, the point was to link it to a known UFO related series of events about nuclear power.

The fact they used the words "unusual events" intrigued me, why not say it was a standard safety feature.

Again, I'm not claiming it was an alien item but I do say it has a ring to it from a known UFO report.

The "Unusual Event" would be the earthquake.

The term "unusual event" is a specific term with a precise meaning that is often used by Nuclear Power plants to describe a certain level of circumstances that is not normal. A relatively large earthquake would qualify.

edit on 8/24/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

I know your not a crank. I have been following your posts for a very long time. Which surprised me when you tried to compare this event to some missile silo thingy that happened back in the day. I just didn't see the resemblance. there was no geologic activity and accompanying recent world events regarding geologic activity regarding those older nuclear issues, so I failed to see how you were connecting them.

Given the events of recent times, I don't see anything unusual about the shutdown of a few nuclear plants around the same time there is a big geologic event in an area that doesn't have them very often (by human scales).

Don't bother trying to find your tin foil hat, I am sure you don't even own one. Your posts are of the few that I star and flag every chance I get (probably shouldn't have said that, lol)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Many of the reactors may have been starting to shutdown anyway. The maintance and re fueling starts after Labor day. We have 3 reactors locally and they are starting to shut them down for 2 months or so. There's a lot of out of town techs and such filling the motels and campgrounds. Like the reactor on the river during the flood it was on shutdown and they just extended it because of the flood. Not to mention the government people are in the area checking all the safety systems after the Japan quake

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Nothing unusual about earthquakes, floods and tsunamis... Kind of unusual that in recent times these natural events seem to be directed to impact operations at nuclear power plants.

If there is a divine power in this universe, perhaps it is trying to send us a message?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Nothing unusual about earthquakes, floods and tsunamis... Kind of unusual that in recent times these natural events seem to be directed to impact operations at nuclear power plants.

If there is a divine power in this universe, perhaps it is trying to send us a message?

A 5.3 Earthquake in the Northeast US is certainly unusual and not very common (although, yes, they do happen from time-to-time).

I'm not sure how you can assert this earthquake seemed "directed" at the nuke plants. The Earthquake was felt over a huge area of the Eastern US and even in Toronto, which is partly due to the geology of the northeast US (i.e., more hard bedrock than in the western US -- the generally softer geology of the western US dissipates the earthquake energy more quickly, which is why a 5.3 quake in the Northeast seems worse than a 5.3 quake in, say, California).

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

The epicenter of the VA quake was extremely close to the nuclear power plant, relatively speaking.

Coincidence I'm sure... I suppose the totality of events beginning with Fukushima until now, related to nuclear power plant shutdowns seems rather odd.

Maybe we've been warned!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

The epicenter of the VA quake was extremely close to the nuclear power plant, relatively speaking.

True, it was close, but there are several nuclear power plants all over the US eastern seaboard, so a quake almost anywhere in that part of the country would have been relatively close to a power plant.

www.world-nuclear.org...

If by some means someone (or something??) wanted to (and had the means to) "direct" an earthquake at nuke plants, then an epicenter near Southeastern PA or Northwestern SC would have been better.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
I think attributing the safety precautions of a nuclear plant (especially after the Japan thingy) to some little green men even after a (for the area) serious earthquake represents leaping to the least likely conclusion because it is more exciting than reality. Ignorance to the extreme.

But then again, I do admit to getting a kick out of trying to predict how long it takes for someone to come creaming "aliens did it!!!!" for every single event that happens all over the world. Should make a drinking game out of it.

I love you guys who claim aliens can do nothing, and calling those who know "Ignorance to the extreme." Sometimes you people crack me up!
UFO/Alien/ETs have more than proven that they can in fact shut down Nuclear Missile sites, and have done this since 1948.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.cufon.org...

www.wanttoknow.info...

technorati.com...

Do you really think that these Air force personnel risk their career and everything they have worked for just to tell lies to the media and post on the web? There are way too many witnesses to just disregard this as fake, friend. I would say, based on what I know and have read, that ET can shut down down any nuclear thing they want to, at any time, and in very short order.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I guess the theory would have more meaning, had there actually been UFOs involved, and NOT been earthquakes. However, it's a bit of a stretch to say UFOs are somehow connected to the recent events, when there really weren't any, and there WERE earthquakes. The power grid is very fragile. Probably way too fragile, but that's a whole different topic... Nowadays, whenever something major happens on the grid, it can easily have an effect on other areas, in a cascading fashion. And yes... If I worked at a nuclear plant, I would categorize anything that is not usual, as an 'unusual event'.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I believe "Unusual Event" is just what the reactors report when there is an abnormality in their operations. It indicates the least dangerous situation on the ranking scale.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

Thank you for the kind words..

Seems the consensus that this was a non starter, I bow to the opinion and taking myself out of the thread.

See you in another thread...

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
The UFOs want to have nuke plant elimination like Germany is doing.
Perhaps utilizing a new type of power plant plans of UFO design.
Perhaps they will drop the plans on their next visit to a nuke plant.
The last person to have a complete power plant design was Nikola Tesla.
The UFO visitor must have good plans, I sure would like to see them.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
to me, 'unusual event' means its not part of a routine,

but prompted by something unpredictable like quakes, random overheating, hurricane winds, leals, etc.

not necessarily unexplainable (nor paranormal if using tolerant syntax )

<< 1    3 >>

join