It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Anna Nuclear Plant Forced To Vent Steam Following Power Failure From Virginia Earthquake

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

It is understandable that you are thinking this way, but if the magnitude was greater than 5.8, I'm pretty sure someone would have pressed the alert button on the Internet. But you're right, these days it's hard to trust on MSM and I have the strong feeling that to the gov. everything is valid to avoid panic.

As has already passed a few hours and nothing more was said about the case, I think it's fair to stay calm. Just hope that does not happen any more earthquakes in thet area.
edit on 24-8-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

that's not much of anything. In case you missed it, nuclear power plants work on steam. This is probably fear mongering, as usually.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

RUSSO, Let's do this dance again.

Originally posted by LightAssassin
I've just noticed that the Global Incident Report map for Quakes is not showing as far back as 36 hours now. Suspicious?

Also this theory makes even more sense now given there are commercial nuclear reactors in VA and Test reactors in CO, and if all this Uranium is causing issues, they will all be venting and all will probably be manipulated by TPTB to cause more EQ's and chaos.

They say the venting is because the EQ caused issues. I say the issues were there beforehand, due to this bad uranium, and again HAARP or some interaction was used causing the EQ's. We are starting to get correlation here now with the Fukushima EQ.

The NWO's depopulation plan is now in full force.

We cannot deny the above video nor his suggestions/theory. His credentials check out.

This needs to be considered very carefully because this will only, really, be affecting the Northern Hemisphere. Southern Hemisphere will be affected too because of all the food we UNNECESSARILY import into Australia.

edit on 24-8-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
So, say we do have a huge EMP from the Sun?
What if?
What if the Nukes generators can't get fuel to keep them cooled?
What if those generators are also taken out by the EMP which by the way NASA has confirmed they expect?
What if my cousin who works for JPL had a fake warning in his E-mail from NASA warning Him and his family of such event on the Horizon?
What if this is "The EVENT HORIZON" ?
What to do if this happens?
I got the answer from 2 generations ago.
Stick your head between your knees and kiss your arse good-bye>
Much more to be concerned with, like Loving your family for time with them is going to be short.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

After seing all the damage at fukashima, and knowing that it will take over a year to resolve any problem there. Anytime I hear NUCLEAR and EARTHQUAKE as chill jumps up my spine. I know that it is probably just steam from the secondary cooling system, but are any of you guys getting nervous when you hear those previously mentioned words?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I hope everyone keeps a VERY important detail in mind when comparing Fukushima and anything that we've EVER seen in the United States to date. The Reactors at Fukushima DID survive the Earthquake just fine, as designed and with damage but no catastrophic issues. Reactors 5 and 6 at Fukushima are STILL stable and under control, even if the other 4 are catastrophic wrecks.

There is another Nuke plant 7 miles down the coast from Fukushima that took the same environmental events that Fukushima Dai-ichi did and they've reported nothing beyond minor damage and one brief scare out of that one. It required an Earthquake of a size to place in World History, A Tsunami estimated at 15 meters when it hit the Fuku complex (45 FEET) and..one more element. The Generators were in a vulnerable position with ALL regional power sources cut off for an extended period. The lack of electrical power w/ no functional backup after the Tsunami wiped them away is what it took...and THEN it took 24-72 hours in that condition before they became irrecoverable.

Just something to consider before getting too worked up over American nuclear plants on any local or regional disaster. Not that a 5.8 with no real damage ranks as a disaster by anyone's scale this time.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I did not realize that there was a Nuclear power station outside of Richmond.
Quite unnerving since I live in South West Virginia.
I always figured most of the power plants were coal since West Virginia is near by.
Ughh a little to close to my neck of the woods
edit on 24-8-2011 by ELahrairah because: of bees

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I hate nuclear power, I was brought
up during the hydro era and we had
plenty of electricity at the time so why
the big change to something that
could kill masses of people. Why did
they not upgrade the hydro system and
forget about the killing radiation.
To answer my own question - big
bucks and greed on the part of TPTB.

OMG they built these things on earth-
quake faults and we're suppose to
believe they have all the answers
and tell us the truth - I think not.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Yeah well I dosen't make me feel any better that most of the nuke plants in the US are in piss poor shape
and being run well past there decommission date because the Nuclear Regulatory Commission is made up of the same people who run these plants.
Rolling stone had an article about it that was quite unsettling.

America’s Nuclear NightmareThe U.S. has 31 reactors just like Japan’s — but regulators are ignoring the risks and boosting industry profits
www.rollingstone.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Nuclear Power Plant Remains Offline After August Earthquake

This part makes me uncomfortable--Sheesh, there are only two reactors, and the NRC isn't requiring Dominion to check both.

The company sent small robots into the pool that holds nuclear fuel in the Unit 2 reactor and found no damage to the containment structure or the nuclear fuel, Zuercher said. The company had opened the reactor to refuel it.
The NRC told the company it did not need to perform similar inspections inside the Unit 1 reactor, Zuercher said.

edit on 11/2/2011 by Olivine because: my grammar sucked

top topics

<< 1   >>

join