It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tea Party claims that they're not racist

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Keep trying to portray a new party as the problem and racists.
Robert Byrd ring a bell?

“I will never submit to fight beneath that banner with a Negro by my side. Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds."” sunday Robert C. Byrd quote

“There are white n#ggers. I've seen a lot of white n#ggers in my time. I'm going to use that word. We just need to work together to make our country a better country, and I'd just as soon quit talking about it so much.” sunday Robert C. Byrd quote
My own edit

“The Klan is needed today as never before and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia. It is necessary that the order be promoted immediately and in every state in the Union. Will you please inform me as to the possibilities of rebuilding the Klan realm of W. Va.” sunday Robert C. Byrd

There was some imbecile in the late 80's early 90's that ran for President from Louisiana If I recall as a Repub., but shot down immidieately. David Duke. Louisiana made him a State Rep., too bad for them. He didn't go far with the repubs.What party pushed Civil Rights in the 60's...Oh Repubs.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
How lovely, another thread where people are lumped together so they can be insulted...

Since all tea party members (is there even a party??) are being lumped together to be called racists, how about we lump some others together.....

all unemployed people are to lazy to get jobs.
all welfare recipients are just milking the system & have more babies just to get more SNAP/Cash.
all liberals are know-it-alls with ego's the size of Mount Everest.
all New Yorkers are rude.
all the people who don't have college degrees are idiots.
all muslims are terrorists.
all christians are insane.
all germans are nazis.

See how that works? It only shows what type of person the OP is, not the group they have lumped together.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

Originally posted by mnmcandiez

There are racist people in any group of any nationality. What is the point of this thread?

To spread hate.

What else?

Indeed it is....

The single most potent weapon the Left has is racism.

And it just pisses them off to no end that I am with the fiscally rational thinkers instead of being on welfare.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by lynn112

You forgot one...

All people named "Lynn" are rational thinkers.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

lol sounds like the tea party is a cooperation ...ya know limited liability. not all members of PETA are militants yet the entire movement is stained by those few that go to extreme measures to prove their point.

same with the tea party, it may be decentralized with no "head" yet the actions of many within the movement are indeed racist. if your members do not vilify and denounce their actions then since they are part of the movement, that movement has racist elements.
no amount of " im rubber and your glue" will clean the filth from your ranks.

the tea party is a great idea, denounce those radical elements within the party to keep it true, keep it clean.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Insulting him is not racist. I don't really think calling him a Monkey is either. We did that to Bush, didn't we?

I'm not exactly sure what your first line was about with the different letters of his name cap'd.

Obama is a:

encyclopediadramatica.ch...

Yep not racist to me.

Racism is removing someone's humanity in comparison to your own group.

For example, this is racist:

www.sciencedaily.com...

As is this.

likeawhisper.files.wordpress.com...

And this too is racist

filipspagnoli.files.wordpress.com...

What makes something racist is the attempt to remove someone's humanity by making them look less than human, while simultaneously making yourself or, more accurately, your group look superior based purely on the color of your skin, or some arbitrary feature that does not prove anything.

The mere act of calling someone a monkey is not this. Such a thing is simply narcissism or pessimism.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

Shouldn't I just denounce people (who are idiots) in general? Why isolate it to members of the Tea Party?

I'm not sure why people are so hot to get Tea Party members to denounce other members. Is it some sort of game? As others have said, there is no formal "membership" no ID cards, no secret handshakes, no requirements.

The Tea Party stands for smaller government, personal responsibility.

You can't kick people out of an organization that only exists in the febral minds of liberals/progressives.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

yes i agree always call out idiots, especially so, when they are saying they are one of your group.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a lot of my friends are tea partiers and many more acquaintances, most of em have a hobby of using the N word as creativly as they possibly can... anecdotal i agree but true none the less. i tell them also, that is the main reason i will not join with them in their cause. their politics are inseparable from their core beliefs...

i do not group all TPers into one category =r acists. that would be disingenuous and just plain not cool. there are many patriotic Americans in the movement.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
reply to post by beezzer

yes i agree always call out idiots, especially so, when they are saying they are one of your group.

That's classy. And a perfect example of the irrational hatred that the left displays.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

a lot of my friends are tea partiers and many more acquaintances, most of em have a hobby of using the N word as creativly as they possibly can... anecdotal i agree but true none the less. i tell them also, that is the main reason i will not join with them in their cause. their politics are inseparable from their core beliefs...

i do not group all TPers into one category =r acists. that would be disingenuous and just plain not cool. there are many patriotic Americans in the movement.

That's like saying that alot of my friends are brain-dead progressives. I wipe the drool off their chins because I'm such a sweet guy and nod when they blather on.

Your last comment, though, is in sharp contrast to your previous statements.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by KennibleLecter

There are racist people in any group of any nationality. What is the point of this thread?

To spread hate.

What else?

Indeed it is....

And it just pisses them off to no end that I am with the fiscally rational thinkers instead of being on welfare.

No what pisses off lefties like myself is that your guys ideas, as executed by 2/3 of the last 30 years in the white house have been tried and have failed thus far. That you guys speak of conservation, but engage in the exact same manifestation of government, same posts, structure and budgets to match. That you guys ALWAYS side with the big guy, from tort reform to "tax the 51% of those who "don't pay taxes", do letting big oil and banks make their own policies which end up costing the public anyways... I can go on and on and on.

You guys will be rewarded with Rick Perry, who will pull a BUSH, who will create the same sort of mess due to the inherent pro corporate nature of conservatism in America. You can cry about being against the banks in one
sentence and the demand Lassez Faire policies written by bankers, with the next.Tip from a liberal... Sticking a straw in your butt and putting the other end to your mouth doesn't constitute lifetime supply of chocolate milkshakes.

And remember

Corporations are people, my friend

edit on 25-8-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
But some members/worshipers use racial slurs as evidenced by words like "ObaMoa", etc.

So lemme get this straight... Some people within this Tea Party group use racial slurs, therefore everyone in the tea party is racist? Now where have I heard that logic before... Oh yeah! In racism!

Great post!
edit on 25-8-2011 by The Cusp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

actually i agree with some of the tea partys "platform issues" others not so much. or maybe its their methods im not sure. i do not claim to be an authority on anything. perhaps in the past i have been too hard on the movement. really i am not very far removed from a TPer in many principles. i apologize for any past remarks re: the tea party that may have offended.

i get a bit emotional about racism and exclusion and i tend to go over the top and not really mean it.
my mental filter doesn't always work. i find myself often starring you when you disagree with me. lol
edit on 25-8-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

actually i agree with some of the tea partys "platform issues" others not so much. or maybe its their methods im not sure. i do not claim to be an authority on anything. perhaps in the past i have been too hard on the movement. really i am not very far removed from a TPer in many principles. i apologize for any past remarks re: the tea party that may have offended.

i get a bit emotional about racism and exclusion and i tend to go over the top and not really mean it.
my mental filter doesn't always work. i find myself often starring you when you disagree with me. lol
edit on 25-8-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

Don't fall for it

It is literally like going back to doctor who chopped off your leg and trusting said doctor, because he is wearing
a new lab coat. They are protesting things THEY were key in manufacturing, screw race, that is a side show.
The real show is that these guys are gonna turn the nob up on corporatism, they can't help it, it is the only viable opposing force to government they recognize.

Thanks for listening, we need balance, not blind steerable rage

peace

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave
funny how Tea Party shills cannot stand to own up to or discuss the racist behavior of their ilk, so they want to deflect and derail the topic of this thread.

The Tea Party is a party full of fringe right wing white supremacists and closet racist cowards. This is fact. Many of these cowards post on ATS, and spew ignorance with reckless abandon.

When Tea Partiers rant on and on like a pack of psychotics about 'people with entitlements', it's a code word for Blacks and Hispanics. You are not fooling anyone.

What could have been an honorable, independent political movement has been perverted by the hatred and ignorance that emanates from middle America and their illogical hatred of anyone who isn't white like they are.

Deal with it, if you don't like it and you're a member of the Tea Party, DO SOMETHING to correct the public image of your party. Correct and chastise fellow TPers that fall into the category being discussed here.

You cannot read the comments section of any article online about the political discourse of this country without reading some cowardly TPer saying something derogatory about non white people.

You have clowns on this forum making topics such as "the affirmative action president" and yet TPers are wondering why people call them out on their racism? Feh, and the funny part about that is that ATS allows the racist rhetoric to flow like running water.

The best thing about an outright piece of garbage like Barack Obama getting elected to POTUS is that it helped to lift the veil of racism that people were hiding under for far too long. Not much has changed in this country since the 1960s it seems.
edit on 24-8-2011 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

I'm so glad your so "open minded" about the tea party. I got news for you, the VAST majority of people who subscribe to the tea party aren't "fringe" aren't "white supremacists" aren't "closet racist cowards".....did I miss any? Oh right, they aren't "psychotics" either. Jeez....did you get all your "hate" out there? I love it when someone tries to show how another side is prejudiced by doing the exact same thing they accuse the "other" side of. Little like the pot calling the kettle black if you ask me....oops, there I go spouting racism again, right?

It astounds me that such "progressive" minded individuals cannot fathom that maybe most Tea Party Advocates are really fed up with the way both parties have managed to muck things up to the point where we are now. We tired of being told that government is the answer to all or our societal ill's, quite frankly, it's the source of most of them. Most tea party leaning people have a very strong Libertarian streak in them. The are a source of change that is desperately needed in our political system. Look at the hypocrisy that goes on both sides. Both parties had their heads stuck in the sand regarding the deficit and budget till the Tea Party came around. Please don't try to paint the Tea Party as a bunch of white racists....all you are going to do is offend even more people.....on second thought you keep going on about how right you are and how totally wrong the Tea Party is....we can use some more converts.........

Oh by the way....we aren't clowns and Obama isn't a "outright piece of garbage" either. I don't agree at all with his polices, but wouldn't talk that badly about any President, even one I disagree with almost all the time.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

It dumb founds me the FOX NEWS, the same entity that was the marketing division for the same policies that lead us here, is also KEY in manufacturing the TEA parties message and success.

So it dumb founds me that any rationale person, in search of reform, would be unable to see this connection.
It is so clear and simple to do that it hurts my face, that so many well intentioned people are so easily
manipulated. This is just one of many things that stink about the "movement". It the simplest manipulation
I have ever seen in my life, America is still the country the is lead by the nose with fear, like 9/11 and Iraq
and the Patriot act and all of it.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Originally posted by KennibleLecter

To spread hate.

What else?

Indeed it is....

No what pisses off lefties like myself is that your guys ideas, as executed by 2/3 of the last 30 years in the white house have been tried and have failed thus far. That you guys speak of conservation, but engage in the exact same manifestation of government, same posts, structure and budgets to match. That you guys ALWAYS side with the big guy, from tort reform to "tax the 51% of those who "don't pay taxes", do letting big oil and banks make their own policies which end up costing the public anyways... I can go on and on and on.

You guys will be rewarded with Rick Perry, who will pull a BUSH, who will create the same sort of mess due to the inherent pro corporate nature of conservatism in America. You can cry about being against the banks in one
sentence and the demand Lassez Faire policies written by bankers, with the next.Tip from a liberal... Sticking a straw in your butt and putting the other end to your mouth doesn't constitute lifetime supply of chocolate milkshakes.

And remember

Corporations are people, my friend

edit on 25-8-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

You keep saying "you guys" as if the TEA Party has been in existence for decades.

I've personally have been a registered independent since 1980 when I cast my first presidential vote for John Anderson.

I'm a fiscal conservative and quite liberal on social issues. I'm a Minarchist, a Jeffersonian, and a firm believer in the constitution.

Now when you assume, you make an ass out of you and yourself.

You have been pumped full of MSM vitriol... or as my son 'em "Bo-Mos."

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Yeah... like capping reckless spending, balancing the budget and getting out of debt is a bad thing!

RON PAUL 2012!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red
reply to post by pavil

It dumb founds me the FOX NEWS, the same entity that was the marketing division for the same policies that lead us here, is also KEY in manufacturing the TEA parties message and success.

So it dumb founds me that any rationale person, in search of reform, would be unable to see this connection.
It is so clear and simple to do that it hurts my face, that so many well intentioned people are so easily
manipulated. This is just one of many things that stink about the "movement". It the simplest manipulation
I have ever seen in my life, America is still the country the is lead by the nose with fear, like 9/11 and Iraq
and the Patriot act and all of it.

You my friend, are a left-wing shill.

Go talk to someone who'll buy it.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join