It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tea Party claims that they're not racist

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

funny how that works isn't it.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Let's not forget Maxine Waters who said "The Tea Party can go straight to hell." Nothing racist there I suppose.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing
Let's not forget Maxine Waters who said "The Tea Party can go straight to hell." Nothing racist there I suppose.

It depends, is it racist because she's black and told them to go to hell, or....

yeah, really what's racist about that?

The Democrats can go to hell

is that racist?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Why dont you go embrace communism in another country... you are about as anti-american as they come. you are just ticked that you got teabagged in the last election and you will get teabagged in this coming election.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I'm surprised so many people on ATS take the Tea Party seriously. It's clearly just a tool being used by the MSM and TPTB.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Total Crap Thread (TCT)

Some of the best speakers I've heard have been non white americans at some TP Gatherings,
and some of the most cheered post speech have been the same,
nice troll thread though, never let the hate get cold, never let the meld complete.
Awesome!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
The Tea Party claims that they're not racist

The Tea Party is not racist, but no doubt some of its members are.
The Republican Party is not racist, but no doubt some of its members are.
The Democratic Party is not racist, but no doubt some of its members are.
The US Government is not racist, but no doubt some of its members are.
ATS is not racist, but no doubt some of its members are.
The MSM is not racist, but no doubt some of its members are.

You get the point. Racism is an infection that you will see everywhere you bother to look. The Tea Party is not a racist organization, it is a ground roots special interest that has arisen out of public discontent over the way the government is handling our finances. I've never in my 50+ year life seen so much anger and discontent over the government, it's unprecedented. The Tea Party is a manifestation of that anger, it's the public's message to the government that they have no confidence in either party so they are going to craft people from their own ranks to send to Washington with a single mandate- LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE AND DO AS THEY SAY. This is exactly why Obama couldn't get his tax increases included in the debt ceiling legislation, the Tea Party rep's ARE listening to the people. The PEOPLE said no new taxes, not the Tea Party. Not the Republicans. The PEOPLE. Now whether this mandate from the people will fix the economy and the government remains to be seen, but personally I say it's worth a shot because mainstream politicians are most certainly not getting the job done.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

But some members/worshipers use racial slurs as evidenced by words like "ObaMoa", etc.

So, how can this be then?

I realize that there are a bulk of anti-Tea Party threads on ATS at the moment.

In each thread, the Tea Party faithful come in to defend their "cause" while flinging # at Barack Obama.

But, they forgot one critical thing: leave the hateful language at the door.

This isn't "Tea Party Central". This is Above Top Secret. Why has it turned into the headquarters for the CIA's latest political psyops?
I am not affiliated with the Tea Party in any way but it makes me laugh when all I hear is the charge of racism thrown at them over and over. Last time I checked they haven't been seen holding up the Nazi flag or screaming hateful racial slurs at passers by, so what gives? Your post fails to prove the party of racism, so why not make your argument against their purposed policies instead of pulling the "race card"?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Liberals 'claim', despite all evidence to the contrary, that they are not race-baiting ,hate-mongering, economically clueless, devil-worshippers.

Rather than starting a new thread to show the total ignorance of this one I figured I'd put the headline in this one. Afterall, since we're going to be being ignorant sensationalists I figured this headline probably fits well with the one that we have.
edit on 8/24/2011 by ararisq because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Stop with the political baiting. This is just a thread to get people riled up and calling each other names.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

If Barack Obama was on fire and begged for my help, I wouldn't even piss on that man to put the flames out. That's how much I hate that lying, corporate lap dog.

So to answer your question, I actually believe what I said.

So you are a racist then?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragoon01

No, he illustrated, albiet quite crassly, the reasons why he wouldn't help him. None of the reasons were skin color, so how is it you came to the conclusion he wouldn't help him because he doesn't like black people?

Say someone breaks into your house and you shoot him did you do it because of skin color or the fact that he broke in?

Using your logic if he was black I was a racist if not I was justified?

Or a better analogy a quarterback for a football team throws 6 interceptions and is 4 for 27 passing. Do I think he sucks because he is black? Probably not, it may have more to do with his performance on the field.

Are you starting to see the picture I painting for you?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I'm black, and support the Tea Party. I must be racist, right? Personally, I think Democrats are the racists. When they tell black people that they're "too stupid" or "not good enough" to get jobs without affirmative action, to me...that's racist.

Yes, there are some people in the Tea Party that probably are genuine racist people. However, that can be said about ANY group. I'm sure there are ACLU members, Democrats, animal rights activists, etc. that are racist as well. Get a clue, and quit being a bigot, and lumping everyone who supports the Tea Party into one group, because that in and of itself is bigoted.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

But some members/worshipers use racial slurs as evidenced by words like "ObaMoa", etc.

In each thread, the Tea Party faithful come in to defend their "cause" while flinging # at Barack Obama.

This isn't "Tea Party Central". This is Above Top Secret. Why has it turned into the headquarters for the CIA's latest political psyops?

Huh.

Well, I can tell you that my ideas more or less fall in line with the Tea Party, hell, you could even call me a member under those circumstances...and while we all have certain pre-dispositions in our manner of thinking and looking at the world we don't even realize, I think it's safe to say that I'm about as far from racist as you can get. Seriously people, whenever you have a large group, there is ALWAYS going to be bad apples. And I speak out against those "bad apples" and denounce them.

Why don't people understand this? =(

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

I'm black, and support the Tea Party. I must be racist, right? Personally, I think Democrats are the racists. When they tell black people that they're "too stupid" or "not good enough" to get jobs without affirmative action, to me...that's racist.

Yes, there are some people in the Tea Party that probably are genuine racist people. However, that can be said about ANY group. I'm sure there are ACLU members, Democrats, animal rights activists, etc. that are racist as well. Get a clue, and quit being a bigot, and lumping everyone who supports the Tea Party into one group, because that in and of itself is bigoted.

THIS! ^

Thank you, thank you, thank you for saying this. I'm so sick of people lumping everyone in the Tea Party into one group, under one nice, snug little racist blanket. Ugh. It gets annoying.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

I'm black, and support the Tea Party. I must be racist, right? Personally, I think Democrats are the racists. When they tell black people that they're "too stupid" or "not good enough" to get jobs without affirmative action, to me...that's racist....

Thank you.

I have noticed that people are starting to wise up to the mind games that are played.

The democrats (and republicans) want to herd us into categories and then OWN us. They do it with all their little mind games and "Carrots"

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

Originally posted by Gannicus
I love when you talk about Islam, you cant paint all Muslims as terrorists. The exact same people who preach that message will turn around and accuse all tea party people of being racist. Even though you could just as easily turn around and say Democrats are racists for organizations like the Black caucus.

The whole "tea party is racist" narrative is an MSM/Democrat party creation.

I love when people try to say that the "TEA party" is not racist in any way and then go on to explain how it is the opposite of Muslims and the black caucus. So who are the TEA party again? Just non-Muslim white people? I thought it was just a bunch of common every day Americans from all races and party affiliation. Yet you people keep framing the "TEA party" as somehow opposite Muslims and black people.

I would love to see how you explain that. How is the TEA party the response to a black caucus? Are they really the white caucus? How is the Tea Party a response to Muslims? Is it a religion now too? An anti-Muslim one at that?

This thread kind of proves that the TEA party certainly has a huge element of race to it as it is constantly being framed as some response to black people.

Jerome Corsi exposed various elements in Obama's past and in his associations which clearly indicate a)he is not a true Christian b)he may be in fact muslim c)he may in fact be an atheist Marxist who believes in Black Liberation Theology c)he has associations which belie his true agenda, associations with domestic terrorists specifically Bill Ayers Weather Underground who ghost wrote at least one book for him

After that, it becomes clear from POTUS own actions that he is not truly for America's greater interest. The opposition to his Marxist agenda has become a point where the DNC must point fingers at the opposition, which is the Tea Party.
edit on 24-8-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Common Good

Says the poster with an avatar of Barack Obama running around with a wallet.

Keep it real and keep it classy.

reply to post by TDawgRex

This isn't about the DNC so stop trying to derail the conversation.

Either confront the topic or tuck & run.

reply to post by TDawgRex

Fair enough.

I'm sure this topic will be trolled soon so I'll bow out. I've just never liked the Tea Party and it's obviously mutual.

Well with those three posts, it is very obvious what OP is trying to do with this thread (and the many other threads going on in ATS right now) Are there racists in the Tea Party - sure there is, you could name any organization and there will be radicals contained within.

Has the Tea Party been corrupted by corporate interests and the religious right - in my opinion yes, but it seems to me that the left just lumps all the negatives of the Tea Party to slam any conservative ideas (in several ways - either you play the racist card, the guilt trip or you plain out insult anyone in disagreement with you - which is where more and more conservations are ending up because things are starting to get ugly out there, and the racist / guilt trip don't work like they used to - people are becoming fed up with the crap)

But I do realize why Democratic, Liberal Left hate the ideal of the Tea Party, we want smaller governments who spend less on social programs - the exact opposite of how the liberal mind works.
edit on 24-8-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

`

How is "ObaMoa" racist? Did you even bother to put it in context before you made this comment? Mao (sp) was a Chinese dictator. Quoted in speeches by the ideological left as being a great man. Last I heard, Obama had zero Asiatic influence in his DNA.

Stirring the pot like this you come across as the racist one. Like many other ideological left, you call a group of people racist just because they're predominantly white. That, by definition is racism.
edit on 24-8-2011 by croweboy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join