It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tea Party claims that they're not racist

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
Do you really think Political Party has any attatchment directly tied to Racism? I think not.

Civil War ring any bells?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Why not address the topic of racism in the tea party, which is a legitimate issue, instead of being hurt emotionally by my comments?

As a TPer, you should be more offended that you have people amongst you that soil your movement's name, not that someone on the outside is pointing out the obvious!!!

Good GRIEF!

NO group of people is without a blemish.

Should I reject my friends because they do not think identical to me??

Should I upbraid them for their FEELINGS??? Feelings that may have a past basis in experience??

There are people who are scared of and hate dogs because they were bitten as a child. Does that make them evil??? NO? you can understand their fear?

Well there are people who are scared of blacks because they had a pistol shoved in their face and were mugged or beaten or other wise traumatized and yet you are calling them names because of their fear.

SHAME ON YOU!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by Kitilani

Yeah just look at all the jobs that have been created since the TEA party took over the house!

Tea Party took over the House? When? Post it, prove it.
I will call you a liar, otherwise.

You can call me a liar all you like. What you fail to understand is that it is not my belief that the teaparty did any such thing. This is simply what all the ATS baggers kept saying after the election. They supported all kinds of republicans in that election and afterward bragged about how they cleaned house. I believed it was a lie as well but that is because I knew what the real numbers were.

I have to tell you that nothing entertains me more than when I put out a claim made by teabaggers and another teabagger calls it a lie. That is some funny funny stuff.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

Democrats had slaves and were racists too. There were racists in the democratic party at that time just like any other party.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

You are definitely trolling with this thread, but I'd like to know how can you possibly justify the nickname "ObaMao" as even remotely racist?

I think you need to go read some history books and read some more on what the policy positions of progressives are.
edit on 24-8-2011 by Timing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

If you had read the entire thread, you will have realized that I have pointed out the civil "hypocrisy" on both sides, and that we are all guilty of it from time to time.

I have read the entire thread, including the post where you claim that the left is more guilty than the right. Show me which post negates that and then explain why you would write it if you already wrote some other post contradicting it.

I lean right, but have many friends who lean left. It makes for some pretty fun debates…and yes, derogatory words are used. But we’re friends, so all is forgiven…at least by the next day anyways.

Good for you. I lean towards the type of person that reads exactly what you wrote which is as follows.

reply to post by beezzer

It's a vicious circle.
I'm starting get dizzy.

But really, do the liberals not have any real substanance other than name calling and finding imaginary faults.

Almost every debate I start to enjoy, ends up in a name calling or personnal attack by the left. Ruins the conversation.

Yeah, just the liberals and the left do that. Or did you not even mean to write this post because if it is both sides equally, this post makes no sense.

Some of you really amaze me with your ability to contradict yourselves and then feel self righteous about it.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet

Well there are people who are scared of blacks because they had a pistol shoved in their face and were mugged or beaten or other wise traumatized and yet you are calling them names because of their fear.

SHAME ON YOU!

Wow. I'll let it speak for itself

Yes, that's an excuse for racism

I was almost killed by an illegal alien who blew through a stop sign and hit me on the drivers side. He then sped off while I laid bleeding and disoriented. Yet, I do not hate hispanics, nor do I believe in treating illegal aliens like animals.

So that fictitious scenario that you've concocted as to why some people hate black folks, or excusing the hatred of someone just because they have a different skin color than you do, is utterly stupid.

You have people that hate black people because their mammy and pappy told them that the n-words are evil and lazy. I'd wager that most of the racists posting on here have never had an altercation with a black male in their life that comes close to what you're trying to describe.

Shame on you, I feel sorry for your children if this is the garbage you've filled their heads with.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Here is the REAL reason the Tea Party is being labeled "Racist"

It is all part of the Democratic Party strategy because they are losing the Southern vote (Home of RACISM
) and the vote of the elderly.

Variations across Race and Region

One of the unique features of the Blair-Rockefeller Poll is the large sample size – including oversamples of people living in the South (defined as living in one of the eleven states of the Confederacy), Latinos/Hispanics and African Americans. Such a large oversample provides one of the only opportunities to rigorously compare elderly populations across race and region. Looking first at party identification among older respondents (those 65 years and older), we see substantial differences across region and race....

2012 Battlefield

Overall, the results of this survey indicate that the traditional base of support among older voters that Democrats have relied upon since the partisan realignment following the New Deal continues to weaken. While older voters continue to vote in high percentages, compared to younger cohorts, clear support for the Democratic Party is confined largely to African Americans. While older Hispanics generally favored the Democratic Party, they showed substantial willingness to vote for Republican Senatorial candidates in the 2010 midterm election.

Further, the traditional Democratic support among older Caucasians continues to decline, particularly among older Caucasians living in the South.

If these trends continue, the 2012 presidential election will require the Democratic Party to continue to bring young, and often unreliable, voters to the polls.

Further, the Democratic Party must continue to make inroads into the growing Latino/Hispanic population.

If the GOP is able to maintain its grip on older voters in the South, that tend to not only vote at high rates, but are also overwhelmingly conservative, Republican and willing to support GOP candidates the

Democratic presidential campaign strategy will be forced to continue building winning coalitions without the assistance of most of the southern states. With growing populations and over one-third of the Electoral College votes needed to win the Electoral College, losing support among the elderly is an important trend that scholars must continue to monitor.

blairrockefellerpoll.uark.edu...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

You realize saying that is like saying the NFL is cruel to animals and citing Michael Vick.

Please stop trying to stereo type the tea party as racist. Its getting old and pathetic. Its not even a group of people who are exclusively white, black or red. Its more of a eclectic group of people who all agree that the status quo is unacceptable.

As far as people Obama bashing. HE HAS A 38% APPROVAL RATE! You would be hard pressed to find anyone that is happy with him right now. It doesn't mean your affiliated with the tea party if you disapprove of him. The lines are getting fuzzy right now because people are realizing we are in real trouble. That's not a tea party view, that's a human being view.
edit on 24-8-2011 by Digital_Reality because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

You have people that hate black people because their mammy and pappy told them that the n-words are evil and lazy. I'd wager that most of the racists posting on here have never had an altercation with a black male in their life that comes close to what you're trying to describe....

Actually I am the one who had a gun shoved in her face. I now sleep with a shot gun under the bed but I do not hate blacks or any other group.... Well that is not true I HATE BANKSTERS...

The Mommy and daddy scenerio was from a LONG LONG time ago. It no longer applies. Heck the first month after I moved to the South I met a KKK member and his Black friend. The BLACK spent a half hour explaining how the crap we were fed in school about the Civil war was all wrong especially the crap about the KKK. Shocked the heck out of me.

Most racism I have encounter is based on FEAR period. However that does not fit well into the Politically Correct crap so it is discarded.

The rest are just plain kooks and it could be anything that sets off their dis-ordered brain. Again they should be placed where they could get help but the "Politically Correct" had them tossed out onto the streets in the seventies and eighties. THAT is one of the reasons I hold the "Politically Correct" in contempt. They NEED human suffering to point to to gain their political power so they CREATE IT.

That is why "Racism" is being stirred up again. The "Politically Correct" BANSTERS need it to control us and keep us from focusing on THEM.

Too bad most people rather go for each others throats instead of figuring out who is actually CAUSING the fight.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

If you had read the entire thread, you will have realized that I have pointed out the civil "hypocrisy" on both sides, and that we are all guilty of it from time to time.

I have read the entire thread, including the post where you claim that the left is more guilty than the right. Show me which post negates that and then explain why you would write it if you already wrote some other post contradicting it.

I lean right, but have many friends who lean left. It makes for some pretty fun debates…and yes, derogatory words are used. But we’re friends, so all is forgiven…at least by the next day anyways.

Good for you. I lean towards the type of person that reads exactly what you wrote which is as follows.

reply to post by beezzer

It's a vicious circle.
I'm starting get dizzy.

But really, do the liberals not have any real substanance other than name calling and finding imaginary faults.

Almost every debate I start to enjoy, ends up in a name calling or personnal attack by the left. Ruins the conversation.

Yeah, just the liberals and the left do that. Or did you not even mean to write this post because if it is both sides equally, this post makes no sense.

Some of you really amaze me with your ability to contradict yourselves and then feel self righteous about it.

Wow!

Just wow!

Do you read your own threads and posts?

Or are you actually an online seminal poster for the DNC?

Of course people will call out views they disagree with…DUH! You, yourself, contradict yourself quite a few times over the past.

But, we all have, haven’t we? That’s part of being human.

I actually feel kind of bad when I find I am hypocritical…do you?

You don't have a broad brush when you paint....you use a spray gun.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
1. The tea party was started by Ron Paul and has been hijacked by the establishment--so in that sense I'll agree that the "new" tea party is racist, but who cares what they think, they're just neo-cons in disguise.

2. ObaMao is not racist as Mao was Chinese and not black, and the race has nothing to do with it, it has to do with the fact that both are fascist dictators.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
reply to post by illuminatislave

You have people that hate black people because their mammy and pappy told them that the n-words are evil and lazy. I'd wager that most of the racists posting on here have never had an altercation with a black male in their life that comes close to what you're trying to describe....

Actually I am the one who had a gun shoved in her face. I now sleep with a shot gun under the bed but I do not hate blacks or any other group.... Well that is not true I HATE BANKSTERS...

The Mommy and daddy scenerio was from a LONG LONG time ago. It no longer applies. Heck the first month after I moved to the South I met a KKK member and his Black friend. The BLACK spent a half hour explaining how the crap we were fed in school about the Civil war was all wrong especially the crap about the KKK. Shocked the heck out of me.

Most racism I have encounter is based on FEAR period. However that does not fit well into the Politically Correct crap so it is discarded.

The rest are just plain kooks and it could be anything that sets off their dis-ordered brain. Again they should be placed where they could get help but the "Politically Correct" had them tossed out onto the streets in the seventies and eighties. THAT is one of the reasons I hold the "Politically Correct" in contempt. They NEED human suffering to point to to gain their political power so they CREATE IT.

That is why "Racism" is being stirred up again. The "Politically Correct" BANSTERS need it to control us and keep us from focusing on THEM.

Too bad most people rather go for each others throats instead of figuring out who is actually CAUSING the fight.

I'm sorry you had to experience that, I hope that the criminal was caught and jailed. I have no tolerance for thieves, killers, and rapists.

And see, we hate the same people....and I agree with your last statement. All of this is a divide and conquer strategy.

BUT I will point out what I see, the TP has been hijacked by destructive people that have taken it into a territory that I cannot respect.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gannicus
I love when you talk about Islam, you cant paint all Muslims as terrorists. The exact same people who preach that message will turn around and accuse all tea party people of being racist. Even though you could just as easily turn around and say Democrats are racists for organizations like the Black caucus.

The whole "tea party is racist" narrative is an MSM/Democrat party creation.

I love when people try to say that the "TEA party" is not racist in any way and then go on to explain how it is the opposite of Muslims and the black caucus. So who are the TEA party again? Just non-Muslim white people? I thought it was just a bunch of common every day Americans from all races and party affiliation. Yet you people keep framing the "TEA party" as somehow opposite Muslims and black people.

I would love to see how you explain that. How is the TEA party the response to a black caucus? Are they really the white caucus? How is the Tea Party a response to Muslims? Is it a religion now too? An anti-Muslim one at that?

This thread kind of proves that the TEA party certainly has a huge element of race to it as it is constantly being framed as some response to black people.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by billyjack
Dennis Miller stated our position very eloquently" We aren't against helping the helpless, but have no desire to support the clueless"

Dennis Miller opened up his show yesterday by playing the race card and then telling Maxine Waters to go to hell. This is the same man that did a complete 180 on his political views after 9/11 because it "scared the hell out of" him so much that he just wanted to do anything to help George Bush protect us from it happening again.

No one can credibly quote Dennis Miller and then ever disparage any voice on the right.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
“I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American presidential candidate who is articulate and bright and clean-cut and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man,” - Joe Biden

Did anyone press Biden to name the names of the inarticulate, dim, dirty and unattractive African-Americans he was thinking about when he paid his compliments to Obama?

Just curious?

Sorry to derail your trolling thread

Yes, he took a ton of crap for saying that from the left.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Why do you continue to promote racism? It has dawned on me that many of your dubious and fallacious debates center on that word.

It is almost as if you are working the propaganda arm of the New Black Panthers, always with the race baiting. You do realize that the New BP is a racist organization and have admitted as such. Are you the left hand trying to deflect what the right hand is doing?

OH! OH! Look at those old white folk, they’re dangerous!

C’mon Kit. Be honest for once. What is your true agenda?

Are you truly as enlightened as you want us to believe?

I think that many of us see you for who you truly are....a paid troll. Or at a minimum..brainwashed.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

You are trying to claim that although there are racists all over America, there are NONE among the teabaggers? Are you sure there are none? Or is this something where Maxine Waters says something and all democrats are guilty but all kinds of teabaggers say things but none of them matter because they are not really important?

Please tell me there are no racists in the so called "Tea party" and mean it. I am very curious how you managed to check them all out let alone determine they are the only group of white people in the country that just happen to have no racists in there.

Report links Tea Party movement to white supremacist groups

Here is my main problem with this catch-all defense. It completely destroys any argument you may have had.

When you sat the not all teabaggers are racist, you have a perfectly valid argument.
When you assert there is no racism in there at all, it is easily found out that you are wrong and thus calls into question everything else.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gannicus

Originally posted by illuminatislave
funny how Tea Party shills cannot stand to own up to or discuss the racist behavior of their ilk, so they want to deflect and derail the topic of this thread.

What about the racist behavior of the Democrat party and many of the organizations who are part of it?

What about it? This just happens to be about racism from the TEA party. What does racism from anyone else do to excuse that? Are you saying one good turn deserves another?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I disagree with the Tea Party not liking black people. I think they love black people. So much so in fact that they feel every member should own one.

Yes I'm stirring the pot. All in good fun, guys. I don't really believe Tea Party members are in favor of slavery. Just Michelle Bachmann.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join