It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tea Party claims that they're not racist

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Technically that's not really true. If Hitler poured a trillion dollars into the Tea Party, that would not make the tea party be for Hitler.

People have to learn that money donated to a cause neither makes that cause support the donor, nor be manipulated by the donor. Such as when Ron Paul accepted money from a white supremeicist. And? That does not make Ron Paul in agreement with his points.

If the snake purchases an axe for the owner of the farm he is squatting on, it is by his own money that the snake looses his head.

I suspect FOx is simply trying to survive and cover its past. But it is like the snake above.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

...The Tea Party is not preventing businesses from coming to black neighborhoods. The Tea Party is not withholding TARP funds from businesses. The Tea Party is not responsible for uneducated black kids. The Tea Party is not responsible for the high rate of teenage pregnancy among blacks. The Tea Party is not foreclosing on black homeowners. The Tea Party is not putting black people in prison. The Tea Party is not responsible for unemployment in the black community. The Tea Party is not shipping drugs into black neighborhoods. The Tea Party is not allowing illegal immigrants to steal jobs and critical services from blacks...

Kevin Jackson hit the nail on the head today in response to Maxine...

I can't believe this myth has taken hold while there are so many witnesses of tea party events that report no such thing as racism?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TreadUpon

...The Tea Party is not preventing businesses from coming to black neighborhoods. The Tea Party is not withholding TARP funds from businesses. The Tea Party is not responsible for uneducated black kids. The Tea Party is not responsible for the high rate of teenage pregnancy among blacks. The Tea Party is not foreclosing on black homeowners. The Tea Party is not putting black people in prison. The Tea Party is not responsible for unemployment in the black community. The Tea Party is not shipping drugs into black neighborhoods. The Tea Party is not allowing illegal immigrants to steal jobs and critical services from blacks...

Kevin Jackson hit the nail on the head today in response to Maxine...

I can't believe this myth has taken hold while there are so many witnesses of tea party events that report no such thing as racism?

And that right there is the thread killer!
I'd like to thank everyone for showing up. Drive safely, and remember to tip your waitresses.

Honestly? Brilliant post, brilliant reply.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Technically that's not really true. If Hitler poured a trillion dollars into the Tea Party, that would not make the tea party be for Hitler.

People have to learn that money donated to a cause neither makes that cause support the donor, nor be manipulated by the donor. Such as when Ron Paul accepted money from a white supremeicist. And? That does not make Ron Paul in agreement with his points.

If the snake purchases an axe for the owner of the farm he is squatting on, it is by his own money that the snake looses his head.

I suspect FOx is simply trying to survive and cover its past. But it is like the snake above.

I think you down play FOX's role in politics

I is the KEY communications hub for nearly half the electorate, that is not the electorates fault, but I think
it is extremely substantial and corrupting.

The agenda, candidates, policies and perception are all staged by a unitary communications post.
The narratives are created, which are thing picked up by smaller and smaller political concerns. The candidates
and what they are forced to address/focus on are also shaped by the concern and narrative FOX implements.

I also think you should look at the government... I do not understand how you can think funding and funders cannot heavily steer the output of any organization be it union, government, corporation or political party.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
But some members/worshipers use racial slurs as evidenced by words like "ObaMoa", etc.

So, how can this be then?

I realize that there are a bulk of anti-Tea Party threads on ATS at the moment.

In each thread, the Tea Party faithful come in to defend their "cause" while flinging # at Barack Obama.

But, they forgot one critical thing: leave the hateful language at the door.

This isn't "Tea Party Central". This is Above Top Secret. Why has it turned into the headquarters for the CIA's latest political psyops?

OMG Democrats opposed the emancipation proclamation. I was at Wal Mart the other day and democrats were dropping the N word everywhere! Are you racist? Isn't typecasting an entire group(Tea Party) exactly what racists do other ethnicitys? So being as the democratic party has done racist things and said racist things are democrats racist? Are you racist? So why are you spouting off ignorant stereotypes? Do Republicans or does anyone say that democrats are racist because John Calhoun said that slavery was good for the slave and the slave owner? Does anyone say they are racist because he said that "All men are created equal" was a grievous error and that this was accepted throughout the party? Or Lincoln's opponent Stephen Douglas defending southerners rights to own slaves and move them to different territories if slavery was outlawed in their area? Or when the Klan essentially operated as a terrorist arm of the democratic party during reconstruction? Or when Strom Thurmond ran as a segregationist democrat? Or the 21 democrats who wouldn't vote on the civil rights act in 64? Or when senator Byrd used the N word on tv and was a member of the KKK? Isn't affirmative action racist?

Point being, certain people are racist. There are even certain groups founded on racist principals and promote racism as their agenda. The Tea Party doesn't do that. THe Republican Party doesn't do it nor does the democratic party. There are racist individuals in every group. But it is irresponsible and ignorant to label a group as large as the tea party as racist. When John Kerry, Obama and Chuck Schumer used the term teabagger did anyone call them or the party as a whole homophobic? I mean the term refers to the tea party which is mostly male.

Do you see how ignorant people truly are? Labeling an entire group racist because of the actions of an individual. Anyone truly ignorant enough to make that blanket statement about the tea party can make the same statement about the democrats, the republicans, the peace gorps, ACLU, or any other group out there. And anyone with a brain understands that. I suspect you do too and you are simply trying to be inflammatory.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Oh you can influence things by funding things. But no amount of money you fund will change organizations minds. An organization, such as the tea party, does not change its mind just because a rich man gives it money. If you throw money into nazis, they will not become popular. period. If you throw money into the tea party, the people are for it. So it will gain popularity.

This is also why it is of no concern where money comes from, say, the Libya rebels, or the green movement in Iran. If the people want it, they will make it. Your funding just helps it get along.

Like I said, if a snake gives a farmer an axe, it's is own own fault he looses his head.
edit on 25-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bphi1908

You obviuosly missed the joke.
I dont know you so I will refrain from blasting you. Let me explain. The left typically defines "racist" as anything critical of a minority thus when he says he will not help a poor burning black man by that logic he must be racist.
Its a joke and an example of the debating techniques being thrown out by the leftist on this thread. Accuse the Tea Party of racism so that the Tea Party will spend countless lines of text and thoughts on denying or explaining the so called racist members. Its a loaded accusation like asking someone when they stopped beating their wife. Its a childish tactic that only persuades those of feeble mind and questionable character.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
But its ok to La Raza (1005 Hispanic) & The Black Panthers (100% African-American) but if the Tea Party is all white then they are racist!

such BS! HYPOCRITES!

liberal scumbags!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sicul2012

The tea party is not all white.

Racial organizations are only racist when they portrayal their race as superior.

History teaches us that no race is pure, no race is superior, and that we're all a mut species of murderers.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Give it up already. Ohama could have gone down in history as a true testament of what ANYONE in this country could be. Instead we have someone in the White House who thinks like YOU, and now we're more divided racially than we were a couple of years ago.

OPEN YOUR EYES!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Historically Democrats supported slavery and Republicans opposed to it. The KKK were democrats. Martin Luther King was a Republican!
considering the history... the democratic party has always had an obsession with race, regardless of which color their skin was.
edit on 25-8-2011 by Grace0f4babes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

In every group, there are those undesireables or fringe lunatics. As a Tea Party Patriot myself, I know from experience that should anyone demonstrate racial prejudice or otherwise spout such ignorant rhetoric, they are avoided by the true Tea Party member.

It is funny how when a member of a liberal organization spouts hateful and disgusting rhetoric, we are told "You can't judge everyone based on one individuals actions". Or else some flimsy excuse is made. In either case, in the end, we're told it's no big deal.

I realize idealogues will never accept what I've just said, but perhaps those with common sense will understand.

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Race or color of one's skin is not the sole basis for discrimination or hatred. Neither is sex, sexual preference or age, not even creed.

HOWEVER - when it comes to political affiliation, discrimination and hatred is not "illegal", it is encouraged, actively condoned and rewarded. At one point, we could argue that it was almost the law of the land (i.e. McCarthy Hearings). In some countries IT IS the law of the land.

If you can't get past the very simple idea that race does not matter, it is what and how people think that matters - you are way behind the game. Hatred based upon Social-Economic-Political ideologies is the core issue. Most people helped along by MSM are absolutely and utterly unable to cope with this concept.

The most interesting part of it all is when you start questioning why...

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

Originally posted by illuminatislave

Originally posted by Nite_wing
Let's not forget Maxine Waters who said "The Tea Party can go straight to hell." Nothing racist there I suppose.

It depends, is it racist because she's black and told them to go to hell, or....

yeah, really what's racist about that?

The Democrats can go to hell

is that racist?

Because the teabaggers are finally admitting that they are a group of angry WHITE people and white people only. There is no other reason to call that racism.

Well I'm an angry BLACK man and I've been TEA Partying for two years.

You are a pretentious, condescending shill.

And nice avatar... it helps me avoid the propaganda.

Racist.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Unfortunately "technically" and reality are often at odds. Why would Hitler pour trillions of dollars in the teaparty if he did not support their platform and expect to gain somehow by supporting them.

So either the teaparty would do good to reject that money or they would be gladly doing Hitler's bidding because they want his money. That is how the real world really works.

Why the hell would someone like Hitler support anyone that was not obviously working toward goals he wanted?

Do you really believe the Koch brothers spend so much money on the teaparty just because they like to give away money and not at all because they expect that money will help them somehow get something they want in return?

You have a point up to a point. If some nazi gives Ron Paul 200 bucks then we can blow that off. Trillions of dollars though? Come on now.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Great post..... I don't always agree with what you say but you always have good stuff to talk and think about.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

I have no idea why Hitler would do that. But that's exactly what Fox news is doing. I cannot speak to their sanity, for I don't believe they have any. The only logical reason they did it is to hope they wouldn't get burned down in the inevitable violence to come about against the government-media machine.

So either the teaparty would do good to reject that money or they would be gladly doing Hitler's bidding because they want his money. That is how the real world really works.

Or, like when Ron Paul kept the money of a white supremacist, he just didn't give a damn about his opinion, he just wanted that cash.

Why the hell would someone like Hitler support anyone that was not obviously working toward goals he wanted?

Plenty of reasons. Being a retard tops my list.

Do you really believe the Koch brothers spend so much money on the teaparty just because they like to give away money and not at all because they expect that money will help them somehow get something they want in return?

I imagine their mindset is that they can ask for favors in the future, but that is not a guarantee. I mean, technically a congressperson could accept a billion dollars from a lobbyist or a briber, and then keep the money, never doing a damn thing the person asked him to do. After all, he can defend his record of never doing what they wanted, while black mailing the briber by saying he has the record of the bribe. In affect, the person who gave the bribe money in an attempt to control something, becomes controlled by the person he was trying to control. Most people simply don't have the scheming ability to know this. I do. Hell, back in the day I may or may not have done such things in grade school. I suppose I'm a sociopath lol.

You have a point up to a point. If some nazi gives Ron Paul 200 bucks then we can blow that off. Trillions of dollars though? Come on now.

I remember JP Morgan paid a fook-ton of money to Tesla for his wireless technology, but when he realized that he was funding a man who wanted free energy, he cut off the funding and advised others to do the same. Tesla still had them mad doughs though. I'm sure JP Morgan was pissed. But he gave him the money.
edit on 25-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: le spelling

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
So being the Koch Brothers give so much money to the TEA Party, I'm wondering when they are going to stop by our t-shirt booth and start supporting Tucson.

LOL!

You left-wing zealots are like a broken record with the talking points.... "Rasict... Homophobe... Koch Brothers... "

If you can't meaningfully debate the issue, which is fiscal irresponsibility, just hurl meaningless accusations.

You people do realize you're breeding nothing but hate and contempt for your beliefs, don't you?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
reply to post by SeventhSeal

The Tea Party is racist. It's amusing and actually disturbing they deny it.

Oh well, screw'em. No one pays attention to the insane branch of the United States anyway.

The TPM is not racist. But you just keep on ignoring them. Pay no attention. And just forget what happened in 2010.

What happened in 2010? Oh yeah, some folks got voted in and acted like children who cried and whined when they didn't get something they wanted. Oh and they were voted in to fix the economy, not do what they're doing: Trying to remove basic health care for Americans, tell gays they cant marry, and stop funding for NPR because "IT'S SO LIBERAL."

Yep. 2010 was a great year for Republicans. It showed what a dysfunctional and retarded party it still is.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

There are Racists in all groups. There are Racist Democrats also. In fact it was Democrats that tried to block the Civil Rights Amendment and the old KKK members were primarily Blue Dog Democrats. All those things are true. For us who are old enough, rewriting history will not work.

The Tea Party members I know are all good people who are doing what they should be doing, making their voices heard. If people are opposed to that and oppose Free Speech who cares what they think.

Unfortunately when campaign time comes around, all the evil little political Trolls pop up calling people names, slandering them and lying about them. Nobody is fooled by that. At least nobody worth worrying about. Those who do that sort of thing are very bad people.

What I find most odd are those who took an oath to uphold the Constitution and then while in elected office try to silence speech. They clearly do not believe in Freedom of Speech and should resign or be impeached for violating their oath. They are liars and crooks and those who vote for them knowing what they are like are the same sort of people.

Fortunately most Democrats, Republicans and even Tea Party members are good people. Sad how people lie about them though. All we can do is keep pointing out what hypocrites they are and that they are bad people, while we shun them and scorn them.

I'm thoroughly disgusted by these sick Bigots who run around trying to silence speech by lying about people and slandering them. I'm also disgusted by elected officials who use these tactics and am amazed how many keep voting for them like mindless fools.

I'm also saddened that on a board like ATS, so many of these bigoted Trolls keep posting here on a board where we try and expose them for the evil people they are. We must be getting to them or they would not be posting here, so I guess it is in some ways good. We get to see how bad these sick people truly are.

It's time for all decent people from all sides to shun these people playing the Race Card. Anyone who believes them is irrelevant anyway. Why even pay any attention to these people?

Those in Media playing along with this game of slander should be shunned as well. They are the problem. People who watch them are not to bright or they are as bad as they are.

These politicians who are trying to divide us to control us are gaining ground. Question is, how many are stupid enough to fall for it? Way to many it seems. Stop letting yourselves be played for fools. Stop letting them turn you against your neighbors with lies and slander. Drown them out and turn them into meaningless background noise.

The Sword, wise up, you are being used.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join