It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Tea Party claims that they're not racist

page: 1
13
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
But some members/worshipers use racial slurs as evidenced by words like "ObaMoa", etc.

So, how can this be then?

I realize that there are a bulk of anti-Tea Party threads on ATS at the moment.

In each thread, the Tea Party faithful come in to defend their "cause" while flinging # at Barack Obama.

But, they forgot one critical thing: leave the hateful language at the door.

This isn't "Tea Party Central". This is Above Top Secret. Why has it turned into the headquarters for the CIA's latest political psyops?



+1 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Just keep stirring the hate stew.

We dont want it getting too sticky.



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
What the hell does ObaMoa even mean?



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword
 


Such a broad brush, the same could be said about the DNC. The same attitude/language can be applied across the political spectrum.

I have heard more hateful speech coming from the DNC that the media rarely publishes, while the Repubs can be crasser, but politically correct in their verbiage, hence getting more airplay.

I'm sure that supporters of either side could provide a long list of those utterances that they find offensive.

I myself consider Obama and his Admin amateurs. While they may think that they have good ideas and theories on how to run the country, I just think that they were untested and poorly thought out. And implemented entirely to fast.

We are going on 11+ years of governance based upon emotion, rather than rational thought.



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good
 


Says the poster with an avatar of Barack Obama running around with a wallet.

Keep it real and keep it classy.



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex
 


This isn't about the DNC so stop trying to derail the conversation.

Either confront the topic or tuck & run.



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword
 


No need to tuck and run. I'm not trying to derail at all. Just pointing out the facts.

Name calling against those a person disagrees with has been around forever. I'm just trying to point out that we are all guilty of it from time to time.

I do not like this admin one iota, but always call the POTUS by his given name. I think doing otherwise, blankets whatever is relevent to the conversation.


+2 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword
 


That looks like a white guy running around with a wallet to me. Where exactly do you see dark skin?


Anyway




edit on 8/24/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex
 


Fair enough.

I'm sure this topic will be trolled soon so I'll bow out. I've just never liked the Tea Party and it's obviously mutual.



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez
 


So what?

I could post some of the interesting signs that teabaggers have made but I'm sure that you've already seen them on some other site.
edit on 24-8-2011 by The Sword because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Intelligent debate would actually require you to post proof of your accusations. While the same slop can be hurled in the other direction, lets just address your issue for the moment. Show me instances of actual racism, not politically incorrectness, rudeness or any other unpleasantness. Actual racism.....



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez
 


Wait for it. "They're Koch brothers sellouts!" in 3...2...1.



What? It's a joke!

edit on 24-8-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)


+1 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by TDawgRex
 


Fair enough.

I'm sure this topic will be trolled soon so I'll bow out. I've just never liked the Tea Party and it's obviously mutual.


Typical, when faced with evidence that refutes your allegations the Tea Party hater tucks and runs.



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by Common Good
 


Says the poster with an avatar of Barack Obama running around with a wallet.

Keep it real and keep it classy.


Yea. Hes a thief.

Am I now a racist cause I think hes a thief?

I will keep it real and classy, maybe you should try it sometime before you go bash an entire group of people.



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
You asked for it.







Really? Monkey See, Monkey Spend?





I could go on and on and on with more examples that can be easily found on the good 'ol intrawebs.

So deny it all you like.



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
"I'm sure that supporters of either side could provide a long list of those utterances that they find offensive."

And so it begins.



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by The Sword
 


Such a broad brush, the same could be said about the DNC. The same attitude/language can be applied across the political spectrum.

I have heard more hateful speech coming from the DNC that the media rarely publishes, while the Repubs can be crasser, but politically correct in their verbiage, hence getting more airplay.

I'm sure that supporters of either side could provide a long list of those utterances that they find offensive.

I myself consider Obama and his Admin amateurs. While they may think that they have good ideas and theories on how to run the country, I just think that they were untested and poorly thought out. And implemented entirely to fast.

We are going on 11+ years of governance based upon emotion, rather than rational thought.



Very true, a neighborhood full of dems in my cousins neighborhood were all about equality and stop the hate, yet they freaked when they learned a black couple was moving in, because it might lower the value of "their" neighborhood.


Deebo



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Deebo
 


How do you know that they were all Dems? There could have been some Republicans in that mix.

I guess the Tea Partiers in this thread are no better since when faced with a discussion like this, they choose to use it to bash the DNC.

Stay on topic, folks.


+12 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword
 


You are a joke-you make a thread moaning about the Tea Party using hateful language, yet in that very same thread you refer to Tea Partiers using a derogatory term for a homosexual sex-act.....



posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword
 


There are racist people in any group of any nationality. What is the point of this thread?




Do all Jews want to kill whitey?
edit on 8/24/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/24/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/24/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
13
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join