It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkSarcasm

Since Tuesday, I assume you're in the US?
Well, I'm in Germany and today is release day of DEHR

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
"People like you are not the reason for the high prices of games, but you are the reason for the slow growth of graphics and engine advancement"

Thats consoles your thinking of mate not me blame the antiquated 360s or PS3s with there outdated GFX engines.

"I know a guy who just got a job working with the FBI, this is written evidence. I'm sure he would like a simple case to start getting some credibility. You realize the fine can be as high as $250000, I'm pretty sure about that."

Threatening to inform on a fellow ATS member for having an opinion so that you/your acquaintance can score some brownie points with a federal agency! What can i say someone phone the Thought Police! Poor George will be turning in his grave. Dont think you really understand the spirit of ATS. No wonder America and my country are in the state they are in. Least where i come from wee understand not to inform on our fellow brothers.

If you think peeps like me are the reason the PC games industary is going way of the Dodo then you are delusional. The DRM incuded in this title is superduper draconian. You think people are going to pay the best part of £1000 for a rig to play this on, also £50 a month for broadband and then also pay for the title! 10 million others will pirate this, thats a sure thing. If you want to point a finger, point it at the corrupted industary that essentially wants to spy on you with there DRM to make sure you are toeing there line and only there line!

Take what you do not have, have what you cannot take, and never hurt anyone weeker than yourself. 3 simple rules to live by!

edit on 25-8-2011 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-8-2011 by andy06shake because: Im dyslexic

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
My wee missus just came in with this title, looks like i wont have to DL after all. I will however be removing there DRM with the first working crack avalible.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Got it on Tuesday and I really think it does justice to the series. If you liked the first two, you'll like this one as well.

I agree though with the other poster about the graphics. I was expecting a little bit more quality. It just seems like they didn't spend as much time as they should have on them, especially the character models. The animation of the characters just looks too stiff and Parkinson's Disease-like.

Eh, but it doesn't take that much away from the game. I've waited too long on this game to be put off by it.

Oh, and apparently Batman does Adam's voice... /sarcasm

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
GFX are pritty good running in DX11, with the bells n whistles and tessellation on. Could have been better though, think the consoles are to blame for them not pussing/pursuing the PC GFX to there full potencial. That said my neighbours got it for his 360 and i think it looks sweet as a nut. 9-10 easy!

Also i do agree the animation of the characters is a little cheesy. This is a prequil right, hope to god they do Deus Ex 3 next the second one did not do the game justice.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by glitch88

Can't wait to play it. 1 hour to go for me

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

I've got the 360 version. I rarely play games on PC anymore mainly because my husband isn't all that tech savvy and will only play consoles. Doesn't make much sense to purchase two versions of a game.

You're right, the graphics do look great, they just aren't what I was expecting. The textures and environment look amazing, it's the character models I have a problem with. But I have that issue with a lot of games. It's the mouth... If the mouth movements don't look realistic it brings me out of the story somewhat. L.A. Noire was about the only game I didn't have that problem with. Even then, they move and gesture too much.

I never understood why people didn't like Invisible War. I can't even count the amount of times I played through that game.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Invisible War was ok but if was definately built for the consoles of the time, i think they just simplified Invisible War so the xbox n playstations could handle it. The first Deus Ex was way more intensive and a lot longer than Invisable War.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
"People like you are not the reason for the high prices of games, but you are the reason for the slow growth of graphics and engine advancement"

Thats consoles your thinking of mate not me blame the antiquated 360s or PS3s with there outdated GFX engines.

"I know a guy who just got a job working with the FBI, this is written evidence. I'm sure he would like a simple case to start getting some credibility. You realize the fine can be as high as $250000, I'm pretty sure about that."

Threatening to inform on a fellow ATS member for having an opinion so that you/your acquaintance can score some brownie points with a federal agency! What can i say someone phone the Thought Police! Poor George will be turning in his grave. Dont think you really understand the spirit of ATS. No wonder America and my country are in the state they are in. Least where i come from wee understand not to inform on our fellow brothers.

If you think peeps like me are the reason the PC games industary is going way of the Dodo then you are delusional. The DRM incuded in this title is superduper draconian. You think people are going to pay the best part of £1000 for a rig to play this on, also £50 a month for broadband and then also pay for the title! 10 million others will pirate this, thats a sure thing. If you want to point a finger, point it at the corrupted industary that essentially wants to spy on you with there DRM to make sure you are toeing there line and only there line!

Take what you do not have, have what you cannot take, and never hurt anyone weeker than yourself. 3 simple rules to live by!

edit on 25-8-2011 by andy06shake because: Im dyslexic

First off, I never made a threat, I simply informed you of the ease of reporting such actions when backed up with written evidence, learn some grammar rules.

Second, obviously people do spend the better part of a thousand dollars/euros for consoles as they are still around, not only that, but, you seem pike you play some games on a pc, how much did that cost you, and updating processors and graphics cards every so often costs money too.

Third, xbox charges for online play, not playstation, charges on the playstation are game specific not universal to all games on the system, I play for free. I also rent games, I get the free gifts for every game i want by renting it on release dates. Easy as that.

BTW, I'm sure ats isn't too ecstatic about you admitting to a felony on their web site, ats is not a criminal organization, but your comments seem to imply it is, or at least it supports criminal behavior.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

That sounds like a threat, dont care where you are from you are implying it by saying/typing the above.

"you seem pike you play some games on a pc"

Dont have a clue what that means, maybe you should learn some of your own grammar rules eh?

"xbox charges for online play, not playstation, charges on the playstation are game specific not universal to all games on the system, I play for free."

When did i mention anything about xbox charges?(I own a 360 also) The reason consoles infuence/ruin the PC gaming experience is because of crap ports from console to pc or the fact that programmers just cant be bothered to encode pc specific content. Also what kind of console costs £1000!!! £200-£350 tops only place you might get £1000 for a console is possibly North Korea or maybe the Moon.

"BTW, I'm sure ats isn't too ecstatic about you admitting to a felony on their web site, ats is not a criminal organization, but your comments seem to imply it is, or at least it supports criminal behavior"

I'm not admitting to any felony. I'm simply of the opinion that dl torrents is a fact of life millions of people do it, probably billions! People who can pay should pay, the rest=Torrents.

If you cant see that the DRM in this game is a major drawback for the poor people who actually have paid for it all i can say is enjoy your DRM, i have no such issue any longer with my version of the game.

I guess i should watch what i say around DarkSarcasm people, sounds like a potential narc if ever there was one! On that note im of to play Human Revolution whithout any intrusive DRM!(Should be ok now that i actualy own said title, then again its not really mine is it, its Ubisofts according to them) Night, night FBI boy!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I watch some game play of this early today and i have to say looks amazing Can't wait to get it

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
My current computer setup cannot even run the second game, but Deus Ex 1 was amazing. It grabbed every conspiracy theory and made it a serious, deep and interesting game, perhaps the best in that generation of computer games. I hope that this new one follows the same method, I've seen demos and movies of it and it looks amazing. I'm envious of you gamers that can play it

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I hope they release some DLC for this great game! Its a big beastie as well.
edit on 28-8-2011 by andy06shake because: Bad spelling

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I've never played any other Deus Ex, but that was because I didn't know anything about them, I heard a couple weeks ago how they are heavy into the conspiracy stuff so I've been thinking about checking it out. i was just wondering though, what's the replay value on it like? Once you beat the story that is... Anything else to do after that? Online mode? open world to explore? Anything? Also, how long would you say, on average, it will take to finish the story? Thanks

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OpenMindCuriousMind

Deus Ex 1 is old (2000) so the graphics are pretty bad, but you can get enhancement that make it a bit more bearable to our high tech tastes. I played it for weeks, its one of those games with multiple outcomes to missions and it has three different endings. Also how you 'level' your character gives different game play opinions and thus more replay value. I think there is a multiplayer patch, but it's not as good as Half-life or anything.

If you can get passed the 'aged' look then you will have fun, I highly recommend it. Especially for people interested in conspiracy theories.

I have not played Deus Ex 2 but I've read mixed reviews. Mostly when it is compared to the deepness of 1, apparently its good, but dumbed down...
edit on 28/8/11 by Gargarean because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
After playing sessions over the weekend I have to say Deus Ex 3 really has the old DE 1 feeling... dark streets, conspiracies and a lot of computer terminals to hack

The 2nd game of DE was a bit of a downer compared to game 1 but DE 3 is the bomb so far (okay the graphics could be a bit better but that's ok, the story is exciting
)!!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Finished it 2 days, ago brilliant game. -insert shameless plug of review on blog here-

Conspiracy nuts will be disappointed though. After the Illuminati/MJ-12 hi-jinks with JC Denton, it's severely toned down here. Tip: Always talk to civilians, they provide the best info about conspiracies in the DX:HR world. Such as 9/11.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Just finished the Hengsha mission
It's really a great game and I think it's a good reason for people to become addicted to games

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join