It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I finally did it... a lucid dream...how can I do it again!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
The other day I finally had a lucid dream, I sleep during the day because of work (hence posting this at 0430hrs). Anyway I have been supplementing with Melatonin and having very good dreams, well the other day it finally happened it was the coolest thing I was in my dream I stood up, looked at my hands (flipped them back and forth) and said to myself Im dreaming and commenced to do something I can remember now.
How can I achieve this again! It was pretty cool.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOMALY502

It all depends how much '___' ( Dimethyltryptamine ) your brain produces during REM ( rapid eye movement ) when your asleep. Your body cannot control the amount that is produced each night when your asleep.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
lucid dreaming is awesome, but takes a bit of dedication to do it reguarly.

You have to give yourself reality checks through out the day - u say to yourself am i dreaming and then turn a light on or off, or look in a mirror, or read some words. then say no i am not dreaming.

Do this over and over as often as you can everyday. Soon enough it will cross over into your subconcious and you will one day while dreaming say to yourself "am i dreaming" then you turn a light on or off - nothing will change, look in a mirror - you will not see a proper reflection, or read some words - they will be jumbled or change when you look at them twice. (there are many different reality checks you can do)

You then will say to yourself "I am dreaming"

Many people get excited at this stage and just wake themselves up. So stay calm.

you can then do anything you want as you are dreaming. you can go anywhere, do anything, fly whatever.

If the dream starts to fade, spin around or shake your head - a new dream will manifest.

Also it really helps to keep a dream journal. If you are actively trying to remember dreams everyday you will start to remember your lucid dreams much more clearly.

Have fun and good luck!

edit on 24-8-2011 by homeslice because: spelling

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Nicee.... I have a friend that knows how to get in and out of those type of dreams... he was telling me a lot about his dreams and how it felt. He told me to try it out and gave me sites to research...

This thread just might make me get into it...

It seems interesting and peaceful

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by WideAwakeNow

Thing is I work all night under lights, so when I get home I usually take a melatonin tab, and put earplugs in and pull the sheets over my head. I find that Melatonin gives me a deep sleep. I tried prescription ambien but it makes me feel like crap and I dont want to get addicted to it. I will research the substance you referred to, is it available via health food store or just a compound the body makes?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

You can try inducing a lucid dream by setting your alarm for when you are in deepest sleep - (usually a couple of hours before you normally get up) and when it wakes you just constantly sleep it for a while. Often you will keep waking up and slipping back into your dreams, the line between being awake and dreaming is "blurred" and you will start lucid dreaming.
edit on 24-8-2011 by homeslice because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I've found that my lucid dreams come when I'm really, really tired. So, sometimes I will only get a few hours of sleep and then the following night I can usually have one. They're fun aren't they? I always try to just go crazy and see how much I get away with. The funny thing is, they don't last long if I get too excited about them, and I always do, because come on...we're controlling our dreams!

Anyways, hope that helps a bit.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Whoa this '___' compound sounds pretty fun actually
CHeck out this article

www.otherbs.com...

For one thing, '___' is one of the relatively few drugs that can produce true hallucinations, defined as virtual experiences that are indistinguishable from reality. And '___' is nearly unique in that it consistently delivers one of the strangest experiences humans have—encounters with aliens. In Strassman’s study, 20% of those injected reported clear, detailed encounters with alien beings, all taking place in what the volunteers usually referred to as, ‘another dimension’. That is, after injection with '___', 1 in 5 of Strassman’s subjects experienced entry into another plane of existence where they met aliens.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
'___' sounds pretty cool but i dont like the word "injection" sounds abut iffy to me

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOMALY502
The other day I finally had a lucid dream, I sleep during the day because of work (hence posting this at 0430hrs). Anyway I have been supplementing with Melatonin and having very good dreams, well the other day it finally happened it was the coolest thing I was in my dream I stood up, looked at my hands (flipped them back and forth) and said to myself Im dreaming and commenced to do something I can remember now.
How can I achieve this again! It was pretty cool.

Lucid dreaming is awesome. Once you have one, and you know exactly how it works and what to expect, it becomes easier to do it again.

After I had my first lucid dream where I woke up in the middle of the dream, I was able to have a wake induced lucid dream which was more like an OBE.

I love doing that stuff, but it takes so much commitment and discipline to do it so I haven't had a lucid dream in over a year.

Its better than any drug, that's for sure. Idk about '___' though, never tried it.
edit on 24-8-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

There's a few other things you can try as well. And they are legal, as
compared to '___' which unfortunately is not. Silene Capensis or better
known as African Dream Root is a legal root that you can purchase from
any of different shamanic sites on the web. Also, calea zachatachichi is
another herb you can purchase at the same sites. But take my advice,
if you try it, smoke it. The tea is the most awful thing you will ever taste.
Both plants (and others) contain alkaloids that will induce lucid dreaming.
Another one is monatomic gold.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

The brain does produce '___' naturally, however it can be produced by a pharmacy and illegally for that matter.
When produced in a lab there is two different variants of both compounds of '___'.
It is the most powerful hallucinogenic known to man, if you do some research through Google and ATS you will gain a ton of info.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
You want them every night? Put some nicobate patches on when you go to sleep

new topics

top topics

join