It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Giant UFOs Scaling Project!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

1) UFOs/Aliens which I happen to know aren't a conspiracy. It's the real deal and I know the universe is teeming with life.

Sure buddy, whatever you say. I hate it when people ignorantly spout statements like the one above, it makes us all look foolish and appear as if we don't know anything about logic, reason and common sense. But then again, Ufology and this board would not even exist if logic, reason and common sense was the order of the day anyway. So...ah.....carry on I guess, lol.....

If you had a head on your shoulders, and don't want to get thrown in with the ignorant tin-foil hat blind believers crowd, you should have made your statement read something like this: "UFO/Aliens I believe are real and not some imaginary conspiracy. I also firmly believe the universe is teaming with life. Time will tell if my beliefs can be proven, but until then, very much like a religious person who doesn't require stupid little things that get in the way (like facts), until then I will hold firmly to my gun and my bible...er...I mean my internet connection and my belief in little green men."

I believe my wording more accurately portrays what you meant to say.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
reply to post by karl 12

Here is another outstanding report of a huge one in the Northern Yukon territory.

Scramjet, that realy is one fascinating case mate, StevesResearch also made a great post here on the thread regarding a series of very strange reports from over Canadian lakes in 1996
- as for 'giant' UFOs, there's an interesting account below from Puerto Rico in 1988 involving an unknown triangular object and the disappearance of two Navy F-14 Tomcat fighters - according to some reports the object was said to be 'a mile wide'.

Puerto Rico, 1988.

MUFON Report:

December 28, 1988, 7:45 p.m. Area of the towns of Lajes and Cabo Rojo in the western end of Puerto Rico.
(see January 1990 issue of the MUFON UFO Journal for details).

Numerous residents of the area reported seeing jet fighters flying through the area, starting at 6 p.m. A week earlier, some people had seen jet fighters chase a small UFO over the Sierra Bermeja mountain ridge and Laguna Cartagena (a lagoon), sites where a number of UFO sightings had been reported since 1987.
At 7:45 this evening, residents saw a large triangular UFO flying over the Sierra Bermeja.
It seemed to have some kind of extended appendage on its frontal section with many brilliant colored lights constantly blinking on and off.
It was slightly curved at its rear end, had a gray metallic structure and had a large central yellow light that was being emitted from a big bulging luminous circular concave appendage.
At the triangle's right "wing tip" were brilliant yellow lights and on the left were red lights.
As the people watched, two jet fighters tried to intercept the object.
They passed in front of it, at which time the UFO veered to the left and made a turn back, reducing its speed. The jets tried to intercept it three times, and that's when the UFO decreased its speed, almost stopping in mid-air.
One jet stationed itself near the UFO's right side and the other at its rear. Suddenly, the jet in back just disappeared on top of or inside the UFO. One witness who was watching with binoculars said he never saw the jet emerge from beyond the UFO.

The second jet remained very close to the right side of the object, looking very small in comparison. As the UFO flew a little to the west, the second jet also disappeared, apparently inside the UFO, and its engine noise stopped.
The object then began descending and came down very close to the ground over a small pond known as Saman Lake. It stood still in mid-air for a moment, then straightened its corners and gave off a brilliant flash of yellow light from the central ball of light, like an explosion, but without making any noise.
It then divided into two different and distinct triangular sections. The triangle to the right was illuminated in yellow and the other in red.
Then both shot away at great speed, one to the southeast, and the other to the northwest. Red sparks could be seen falling when the object divided itself.
A retired Army veteran living in the area said that at 8:20 p.m., a bunch of black helicopters arrived and flew over the Sierra Bermeja and the Laguna Cartagena areas without lights until midnight and appeared to be searching for something.
UFO researcher Jorgé Martin checked with all Puerto Rican and U.S. Government agencies that might have knowledge of the incident but all denied knowing anything about what happened. Martin said that a week later a U.S. Naval officer whom he could not identify confirmed all that had happened and said radar tapes had been sent to Washington, D.C. and that a lid of secrecy had been placed on the whole affair.

Link

Thread

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

Sure buddy, whatever you say. I hate it when people ignorantly spout statements like the one above, it makes us all look foolish

Yes I know. We will all feel ignorant if we ever realize the universe is teeming with life and many creatures/civilizations have access to higher energies just because they followed a few basic rules (10 commandments) of working in harmony.

Then I think everyone would have an epiphany and slap themselves in the face. Then they will see that our little market and military structure on our planet is only so the few can dominate the many. Other folks in the universe actually work together and they have been rewarded for that. Then mankind will change but that change could come as a collective shock which plunges our civilization into temporary chaos. Shades of 2012.... oops did the cat just peak his head out of the bag. Sorry.

Hope you enjoy the spaceship scaling.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Ah thanks for the link. I have not heard of all of those cases, but I have noticed before that UFOs seem to be really active in the Yukon area.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I love stories about giant UFOs. Its one of my favorite aspects of Ufology.

There are two cases that come to mind.....but for the life of me I cannot recall the actual cases.....maybe someone here can help me out...

One of them was a Japanese Pilot headed to I *think* the North Pole or Antarctica? When up ahead he saw what he described a city on the Ocean. And it rose up and flew around his plane a few times and even followed him. This craft was so big that it almost caused complete red out on the radar systems and at one point, they said that they thought the radar equipment was malfunctioning.

The other was on a Submarine. They were top side and they were getting weird radar returns and when they opened the hatch, they saw lights and the underbelly of some giant craft for as far as the eyes could see. This thing was no higher then maybe 50 feet above them.

Anyone have any ideas what these two cases are? I'd appreciate it. Ive read about them....somewhere....

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
want to take this opportunity to wish everyone a merry xmas

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I am astounded at this thread, Awesome!!!

Yes, S&F for you my friend.

I live in Alaska, and if I was to see anything as big as the the pilot saw on the JAL Flight, I would be in shock and awe. Also, why would a highly re-guarded pilot risk his employment and retirement/pension to tell his story. even the Tower at TS International Airport say that they saw it on radar, then completely dismiss all allegations to this so-called UFO. I believe he was fired upon return to his country, hmmm, sounds completely rational right?

BS!! I hardly believe for a second that the pilot would risk all to tell the truth. Octems Razor, with all things created equal, the simplest answer tends to be the correct one.

Much love, and great post!

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

Alaska, Japan flight to Anchorage, AK. Its was reported and seen on Radar at the Ted Stevens Airport Tower,

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
reply to post by Charizard

Thanks. I have the book Night Siege by Hynek right in front of me. Judging by all the data I would guess it could be one of those cresent shaped boomerangs. see: "2010: Huge UFOs over Louisiana" in OP. Or a smaller variation of it. All of the "trained observers" (eg. Pilots, Cops, Engineers, Scientists, Doctors) agreed the object was "bigger than a football field."

edit on 24-8-2011 by Scramjet76 because: (no reason given)

That book was NOT written by Alan Hynek. What actually happened is Hynek died before the book was published. The real author of the book then appended Hynek's name to it after his death to give it more of an air of credibility.

I ask people to think about how they would feel about their name being placed on something that they did not get a chance to review or take a decision or make a statement on.

That author has since been discredited.
kevinrandle.blogspot.tw...
edit on 11-4-2013 by ManInAsia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by Kandinsky

Another sci-fi speculation is that the objects are real and that size. In this scenario, maybe they can only be seen from one perspective and aren't really in the same space as us? Like walking past an open garage; you need to be in the right place to see what's parked up in there.

It's not Sci-Fi speculation.

Look up 'Metamaterials', and light bending/cloaking device. Although cloaking technology WAS Sci-Fi a little while ago, it isn't any longer.

And if humans can figure this stuff out in a few decades at our levels of know how and technology, it's a pretty safe bet ET (for want of a better moniker) have moved much further along the 'materials sciences' route than us...they have certainly moved beyond our present and rather limited comprehension of Physics and alternative energy sources / propulsion systems, as evidenced by radar tapes, and qualified sightings from professionals highlighted in this thread, who are trained to be familiar with Terrestrial craft and phenomena.

A good source of information on this subject, which features many of the cases mentioned in the OP, and features many high profile and professional folk giving testimony and relaying their encounters and experiences with these craft, is a documentary called 'I know what i saw (2009)'...google it, it's on YT in multipart format.

Much of what we think of as 'Sci-Fi' today, will be commonplace tomorrow.

This very true Much ( but not all..) of what we think of Sci-Fi today, will be commonplace tomorrow.

This is all old hat (even though I agree metamaterials are a great advance and a more practical solution), all you would have to do is ask Roger Bacon (born 1214) or Newton, two scientists who many hundreds of years ago examined refraction and optics using water and prisms. They noticed that light would bend at different angles when passing through various substances.

And if you can bend light, then what you see is not what you get

Interestingly, if you asked people these days what is refraction would even more than 50% know what you are talking about?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   

I saw a glowing white disc the size of a football field or stadium possibly. Not quite as huge as those, but hey.
It did move at 2000+mph after being still for nearly a minute over east Amarillo in around 2008.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
wanted to....

bump this a bit more due to some of the UFO threads flying around ..

you know .. just something to think about

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Yes, this thread should be re-visited, it's a good one!

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Wow,
intergalactic / inter-dimensional cruise liners....Nice job, thanks.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I witnessed what described during the sighting as indeed a mile long. The Phoenix Lights title is not accurate. The Massive UFO Flyover of Arizona, March 13, 1997, is by far more accurate. There are thousands of 8 o'clock witnesses to this massive craft.

The Phoenix Lights documentary did well in describing the size of the craft. I was in the documentary.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by threestepsmr

Those videos you are speaking of are flares. An intentional, diversionary flare drop around 10 pm. 6 videos total. There are no videos of the mile long craft from the 8 o'clock hour. There is 1 video said to be from 8 o'clock hour, but was not time or date stamped.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Wow, what an incredible thread to read.
So much material here. Amazing, thanks!!

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Hello,
This is my first post on this website. I come here because me and my girlfriend where sitting on my balcony and we just saw a big round "someting" in the sky. It was bigger than you would expect a UFO. It was about 5 times the size as a normal moon in the Netherlands. It was transparant apart from the circle of strangly bright light at night. Also it dissapears and returns during about 30min. And it's location was around the coast/sea. What should we make of this sighting?
edit on 13-7-2016 by Dentz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join