It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Giant UFOs Scaling Project!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by A51Watcher

Judging by the estimation of "six b-29 bombers," id say the craft was about the length of the Transamerica Pyramid in San Francisco. See OP.

Also, if you like the ringmakers check out the sequel to this thread!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
OK, now it was about time someone created an interesting thread on this subject.

I have a couple things to add, one being that a close family member was in the USAF as an Air Traffic Controller when on one nights shift he saw a blip across his radar screen, this blip at first seemed to be an anomaly however soon he discovered that it was something unexplainable indeed.

Moving at speeds far beyond anything in our current technological ability, it peaked his interest to say the least. He watched this "show" for hours as it traversed the entire screen and could dart almost instantaneously across thousands of miles and back again.

He was able to discern the width and height which he told me was over 5 miles wide and several miles high. (Don't hold me to those exact dimensions as I recall him telling me it was much larger, but I think that was what he said) This was not something at that time anyone in their right mind would want to report, so it is just my word that this was witnessed.

Also as far as the Phoenix lights go, I did witness something very similar to the picture you shared, and could also agree that the larger one was equal in size to a football field. It was also black or gun metal grey in color with strange nonsensical light formations on it, not like our commercial type lights on any account.

There are more sightings to discuss, but it is late and I am so tired right now, just wanted to say a few things to add to the thread.

Good night.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

Thanks for that Scramjet.

Amazing how object comparison works so much better for us that just measurement figures. You certainly have a knack for it.

I ran through the rest of my sightings collection for that year and found a few more to contribute.

Cheers!

May 5 1947 - Tucson, Arizona

Mrs. H.G. Olavick and Mrs. Down of Tucson, recalled she witnessed ten flying discs make some curious aerial maneuvers near Tucson.

One of those objects appeared larger than the other nine discs, perhaps as big as 100 feet in diameter.

Viewed with her husband, they both agreed at the time that the discs must be some sort of new high performance military aircraft. As they watched, the nine smaller craft began "playing around the cloud" in violent aerial maneuvers for about seven minutes as if making mock dogfights.

Finally regrouping in a V formation behind the larger craft, they flew off with tremendous acceleration toward the northeast.

(Source: Letter dated August 3, 1967 from Dr. James E. McDonald to UFO researcher Ted Bloecher.)

June 29 - Jacksonville, Oregon - 1:00 P.M. PST

NICAP FILES

Peter Vogel, M.D., and his wife, eight other members of the Vogel family, and about ten others saw a V-formation of oval objects in the sky above Ashland, 15 to 20 miles southeast of Jacksonville.

The formation was traveling northwest toward Medford. There were nine objects.

According to Dr. Vogels' wife, when first seen the objects were "as white as snow geese", as they came closer they became blue-white, "like a fluorescent-bulb light."

They were sharply outlined and seemed to be solid; "also translucent, like a light, pebbled, frosted bulb."

The size of the individual objects was estimated as more than twice the diameter of the full moon.

There was no sound, and no vapor trails.

When the objects seemed to be over the tower of Medford airport, they each made a spiral ascent, one after the other, and each went behind a cloud that had not been there before and which the objects themselves "seemed to produce."

The objects did not reappear, but the cloud "stayed an oval and stationary shape for over an hour."

June 29 - Clarion, Iowa - 4:45 P.M. CST (2:45pmPST)

USAF FILES

Bus driver Dale Bays, traveling from Des Moines to Mason City, Iowa, observed flying discs outside Clarion.

At first he saw only one oval object pass across the sky moving south-southwest at about 1,200 feet. Then four similar objects followed.

Bays quickly stopped and got out for a better look. Taking in the view of the countryside, he turned around and spotted in the opposite direction a flight of thirteen more discs.

This formation was at about the same altitude as the first objects and judged to be traveling 300 miles per hour.
They looked like "inverted saucers," "oval" in appearance.

He guessed that they were anywhere from 175 to 250 feet in diameter and around twelve feet thick.

Their color appeared a "dirty white" and he said they made a "motor or dynamo" type of noise while passing overhead. After a couple of minutes the discs were then lost from sight to the north-northwest.

June 30 1947 - Norwood, Ohio - Night

Cincinnati Times-Star (Ohio) 7/7

Mrs. H. W. Stockwell reported that she saw a group of seven disc-like objects in the sky over Norwood.

One of the discs was much larger than the rest and she estimated its size to be at least
"a mile in diameter."

She did not mention the sighting until a week later because she said she felt "a little silly about it. Now I think that if they are dangerous, everybody should know about them."

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
-continued-

July 3 1947 - near St. Maries, Idaho

Spokane Spokesman-Review, 7/7
Spokane Daily Chronicle, 7/7
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, 7/7
Portland Oregonian, 7/7
San Francisco Chronicle (AP), 7/7
Detroit Times (INS), 7/7
New York Journal-American (INS), 7/7
New York Times (AP, Spokane, 7/6), 7/7
UP & AP general ref in many papers, 7/7

Mrs. Walter Johnson, of Dishman, Washington, a Spokane suburb, reported that she and her family had been visiting her parents, Mr. and Mrs. Ben Beeman, of Butler's Bay, on the St. Joe River in northern Idaho, after having spent a few days camping in the area.

About 6:30 p.m. PST, on the 3rd, Ben Beeman, who had been working in his garden, suddenly "shouted for us to come outside of. the house," Mrs. Johnson reported. When they had come out, at least nine members of the family, including Mrs. Johnson's sister and a niece, saw nine large objects flying out of the southern sky in a loose formation.

"With that mountainside as a background, we saw the saucers come in very fast, slow down jerkily, then flutter to the ground like leaves," she told the press, several days later.

"The objects made no sound, Mrs. Johnson said. "Suddenly they stopped in mid-air, then started again. When they reached a point over a clearing in the timber, they stopped again and settled down a few at a time until they were out of sight. The mysterious part was that we could see them flutter down into the timber, and yet we couldn't see that they did anything to the trees."

The objects, thicker than discs and looking more like washtubs, were described by Mrs. Johnson as being "about the size of a five-room house."

They glittered with the brilliance of a mirror in the sunlight, but "they must have given off the light themselves, because the sun itself was not visible."

"The area where they went down was several miles away," Mrs. Johnson explained, and darkness prevented any search for the objects that evening.

July 4 - Moscow, Idaho - 10:30 A.M. PST

CHICAGO NEWS (Illinois) 7/5
MILWAUKEE SENTINEL (Wisconsin) 7/6

Irving C. Allen, Chief of Airports Operations and Management in the 7th Region for the Civil Aeronautics Administration, reported that he had spotted a "disc—like" object while flying southward from Coeur d'Alene to Lewiston, Idaho, in the vicinity of Moscow.

"The disc proceeded north across my plane's course from right to left and on a regular course. It was first spotted by my assistant manager, William Farrell, a passenger in the plane."

The pilot said the object was "remarkably white" and moved at a uniform altitude with a kind of "wavering" flight pattern.

He estimated that it was "larger than the largest plane" as it crossed several miles in front of him as he was flying slightly east of Moscow.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
-continued-

July 4 - Between Emmett, Idaho and Ontario, Oregon - 9:04 P.M. MST (8:04pmPST)

Oregonian (Portland) 7/5 & 7/6
Portland Journal (Oregon) 7/5
Seattle Post-Intelligencer (Washington) 7/5
Boise Daily Statesman (Idaho) 7/5 & 7/6
Chicago Times (Illinois) (AP, Boise) 7/5
Chicago Times (Illinois) 7/7
Los Angeles Examiner (California) (AP) 7/5
New York Herald-Tribune (AP) 7/6
AP, UP & INS in nearly all papers for 7/5 & 7/6
USAF Files

United Air Lines Flight 105 left Gowan Field, Boise, bound for Seattle with Captain Emil J. Smith at the controls and First Officer Ralph Stevens in the co-pilot's seat.

Before they boarded the plane in Boise, someone had asked them if they had seen any flying saucers, and Smith jokingly retorted, "I'll believe them when I see them."

Eight minutes later, both he and Stevens were converted into believers.

As they flew over Emmett, Idaho, approaching a cruising altitude of about 7,000 feet, Stevens reached over to blink his landing lights, believing he had seen a plane ahead at about the same level as the airliner. He called Smith's attention to it.

They immediately saw four more, arranged in a "loose formation." "At first I thought it was a group of light planes returning from some Fourth of July celebration," said Smith, "but then I realized the things were not aircraft, but were flat and circular."

Not believing their eyes, they called the stewardess, Miss Marty Morrow, forward. Without telling her what to look for, they directed her attention to the sky ahead of them. Looking out the cockpit window, Miss Morrow exclaimed, "why, there's a formation of those flying discs!"

The objects appeared "huge" and were dark grey, silhouetted against the bright evening sky.

The pilots thought they were much larger than ordinary aircraft... The discs were "smooth on the bottom, and rough on top," according to the witnesses.

As soon as Miss Morrow had confirmed their observation, Smith called the control tower at Ontario, Oregon, giving his position and flight direction. He asked the tower operators to step outside to see if they could see anything unusual in the direction from which the plane was approaching.

The tower operators saw nothing, which led Smith to believe that the discs were larger and farther away than they originally estimated -- possibly as far away as 30 miles.

The objects appeared to "merge," and then disappeared to the northwest. No sooner had they gone out of sight when another group came into view to the left and ahead of them.

By this time the airliner had reached its cruising altitude of 8,000 feet, and was flying over rugged country toward the Blue Mountains, in eastern Oregon.

In the second group, the discs were arranged in a straight line, three together and the fourth off by itself. "This group seemed to be higher than our flight path," reported the pilot, "and when they did leave, they left fast!"

The nine objects had been in view for at least twelve minutes, seen over a distance of more than 45 miles. Smith was certain that the objects had to be considerably larger than a DC-3 to have been seen for such a great distance.

July 6 - Fairfield-Suisan AFB, California - Day

USAF FILES

AAF Capt. and Mrs. James H. Burniston saw a highly reflective round flat object having no wings or tail, the size of a C-54 transport (118 ft) roll from side-to-side 3 times then fly away very fast from NW to the SE at 10,000 ft.

Burniston and his wife who spotted from their back yard an object traveling three quarters of the way across the sky in a matter of only 60 seconds.

He noted an oscillating motion to the mysterious craft as it traveled in a southeasterly direction at about 10,000 feet, rolling from side to side three times, with one side strongly reflecting the sun.

As it rolled it became harder to see, suggesting the object was thinner in one dimension than the other. Its size was compared to a DC-3 and because of other aircraft noises in the vicinity, Burniston could not ascertain if the object emitted any noticeable sound.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
-continued-

July 6 - Mallardville, B.C. - 12:00 P.M.

COLUMBIAN (B.C.) 7/8

-SAUCERS APPEAR OVER MALLARDVILLE, B.C.-

'Saucers' Follow Local 'Tornadoes'

The mystery of the "flying saucers" became more and more mystifying to local residents over the weekend as six persons, three of them residents of Mallardville, laid claim to having seen the flashing discs streaking through the sky at noon-time on Sunday.

Antoine Beauregard, painter, said he was working on a house during the afternoon and suddenly saw "a shiny aluminum disc" cross the sky "at a height of about 15 miles."

"It was about 300 feet long," said Mr. Beauregard. "My eyesight is very, very good, and I can judge distance and height accurately."

Mrs. Beauregard stated "My husband said that he saw a shiny, round disc, bigger than most and sort of squared off on one side. That's all I really know about it."

Others laying claim to having seen the "saucers" were Mrs. V.M. Bailey, Mrs. Edward Vere and Mrs. Carol Watkins, who were sitting on the steps of a cabin at the Old Orchard Auto Camp about 4 pm Sunday when they saw "a cloud of dust like two small tornadoes over the hill toward New Westminster."

Three discs then pulled up from behind the trees.

July 10 1947 - Clovis, New Mexico - 4:47 P.M. MST (3:47pmPST)

LIFE MAGAZINE 4/7/52

As the sightings continued one of the top US astronomers from the Department of Meteoritics at the University of New Mexico, Dr. Lincoln La Paz, his wife, and two teenaged daughters, reported seeing an elliptical object very high among the clouds.

The incident occurred while they were driving from Clovis to Clines Corner, New Mexico.

La Paz estimated, with the aid of a pencil held at arm's length, that the object was 20 to 30 miles from his position, ellipsoidal and rigid, 160 feet long and 65 feet thick, traveling 120 to 180 miles per hour horizontally and 600 to 900 miles per hour vertically.

It appeared silent and "self-luminous" against the dark clouds with a sort of "wobbling motion" and no exhaust or vapor trail could be observed.

It remained in view for at least 30 seconds. La Paz stated that , the ascent he saw the object make "thoroughly convinced me that we were "dealing with an absolutely novel airborne device."

EOF

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Although there are some very large Alien Craft....there is also some very large U.S. Military craft as well...specifically Lockheeds Stealth Blimp program. Trying to scale UFO's is difficult as if it is an actual Alien craft....and they are employing a GRAVITIC DRIVE....there is several effects related to employment of this type of drive that will throw of a persons visual observation of said craft.

Gravitic Lensing....the distortion or magnification of a visible object as its either generated or reflected light...is effected by a gravity well or created singularity. The Hubble Space Telescope observed this effect occuring when viewing ABEL 1689 and ABEL 2218....both of these Galactic clusters.

ABEL 1689 is a massive grouping of Galaxies whos gravitic effect creates both a Halo and visibly duplicated Galaxies. ABEL 2218's gravity creates a powerful lensing effect that allows observation of a super distant....13 Billion Light Years away...Galaxy...that is one of the oldest and most distant in the Universe.

Another problem in observing and scaling UFO's...is a Gravitic Drives ability to warp space as to have more than one visible versions of the same craft. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Some responses say these HUGE craft may actually be holographic images. Certainly that is a possibility.
Others say these craft disappear because they have 'cloaking' ability. Also a possibility.
Some say the air they displace would cause them to make disturbances that are noticed on the ground.
Ditto on the possibility.

From my perspective, and from a fluke that I an a friend experienced, I'd say some of these may be real.

We were scanning they sky with a Green Laser pen, very early in the morning. We hit upon something (UFO) that cannot be described or explained. The laser lit up an area of the sky that was perhaps 100' wide x 200' long. By lighting up the sky I mean that the object, previously unseen, reacted to the laser and looked like a sparkler that are sometimes waved around by children. The object traveled across the sky at about 30 mph.

Thus if someone believes something is holographic, then shoot a laser at it. If the laser reflects, then it is solid, if not then the object is not solid. Likewise the laser might disrupt a 'cloaking' ability.

As to the air displacement, I'm sure any builder of an aircraft a mile in length, that can descend into our atmosphere with ease, and disappear at will, has also worked out air and water displacement issues. Indeed their craft probably has abilities we have yet to imagine.

As one member wrote:

"When you have LEGIONS of people that lack the education perspective and understanding about BASIC science try to comment on things they cant [sic] and dont [sic] understand you end up with folks coming to conclusions that make us all look like idiots. And anybody with the balls to point this out gets blasted for it."

To which I add, The reverse is also true. Yes... the world is flat.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Fun thread, love the diagrams! Definitely the pinnacle of (certainly my) UFO spotting "career" would be to see something so huge fly over
They're all very interesting - the Guernsey one, IMO, is a bit "meh" - if only it had been a more solid, darker object, not just something that seems like a streak of light.. Hopefully there will be more sightings of "massive" UFO's in the near future!

A little off topic - but it was funny to see that the Fort Worth video was mentioned earlier in the thread. I think it would be more mature to consider that footage in-conclusive. If you take a closer look at the footage you will notice a rounded object, which banks and flys towards camera - but it's hard to say. One thing is for certain - suppose we are dealing with something ET, or other wordly, or even from other dimensions - whose to say such objects would follow the laws of physics in the world we live?

How do we know such entities would project onto camera as totally solid objects that move further away and closer, how do we know they don't bend time and space in ways we as humans aren't familiar with, or in ways our camera technology can't fully show? Why is it that UFO's that seem to pass across continents (and are sometimes huge) are often only seen from one locale (or just a few)... I find it odd that a lot of people think that the camera will never lie to them - when we clearly have very little understanding of how other dimensions work around our own, etc. Light bends in strange ways. Entities made purely of light & energy probably bend in even stranger ways

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by markymint

Hey thanks for the reply markymint. I also have a hard time wrapping my mind around things like 4D aliens and mile+ long spaceships.

If you liked this thread, make sure to check out Giant UFO Scaling Project Part 2!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

The us govnerment Retired officers has also mentioned these. Not many has been informed about these so thank you.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

My question to the OP. What attracts you to a conspiracy website?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 7Over22

A bit off-topic, but I'll induldge for a brief response and leave it at that:

1) UFOs/Aliens which I happen to know aren't a conspiracy. It's the real deal and I know the universe is teeming with life.

2) For an alternative news source. The blamestream media seems more interested in covering what Lady Gaga wore in her last public appearance.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I just had it on the tip-of-my-tongue...can you provide substantial evidence of what you state to be true for the first line?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

And for line two I have heard quite a lot of controversial issues with successful music artist Lady Gaga. What do you feel ties her in with entities?

You are rather an extraordinary character.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
this is good! appreciate you doing the hard for for us¬!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
You might find some interesting, theoretical info on this website in regards of: Why we think UFO's do not displace air and so avoid being noticed.
UFO physics

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

The Sears Tower is still the Sears Tower I don't know why people are trying to re-name it, but I'd be surprised if any time in the next few decades anybody in Chicago calls it what you did (which I won't say because its downright heathen). The Sears tower can't really be re-named any more than the World Trade Center can be renamed. You can try but its not going to happen any time within the first few decades.

I'm going to ask you to call the Sears Tower the Sears tower rather than its heathen shill name which I won't mention here.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
This thread was beginning to get very interesting. Where has the OP disappeared too?
edit on 29-9-2011 by 7Over22 because: No comment.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join