It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Giant UFOs Scaling Project!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Let me qualify....

In a factual sense, we have no idea whether aliens exist. We simply speculate.

Life maybe SO hard to arise we can essentially dismiss it as zero. OR it maybe so common it may be enevitable.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by Scramjet76

Good thread mate.

Don't forget the largest of them all...the 'ringmakers' of Saturn are on photograph and are estimated to be 1000's of miles in size.

What?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatAliens

Being stupid doesn't give you an intelligent viewpoint.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatAliens

Please try and stay on topic!

There are plenty of threads to discuss your beliefs on "whether or not aliens exist."

Thanks

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

wow....zzzzzzzzzzzz

You started with the JAL flight, which has been fully explained.

You ended with the Pheonix lights, which were fully explained.

The only thing the OP exposed was his own gullability and willingness to through away all logic and intelligence.

I dont remember the Phionix Lights being fully explained? I remember the military giving out a lame ass excuse about flares. What about all the witness testimony of the massive craft that blocked out the stars?
edit on 26-8-2011 by iksose7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ProphetOfZeal

Whilst I agree that MainLineThis’s reply to Gwampo was unnecessarily caustic, I am curious as to why you believe – as your post illustrates clearly – that the video in question actually does feature an unknown craft.

Why can it not be a bug in flight?

Is there sufficient perspective in the video to show it is larger than it appears?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Could the gigantic size of these craft mean that the occupants are gigantic too?

G-GULPP!!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Very interesting indeed, the size of these crafts seem so big, it's almost as if they are designed to move entire populations. Great job on the scaling too, very clear to understand.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
SWEDISH TREASURE HUNTERS DISCOVER MYSTERIOUS UNDERWATER DISK

www.whiteowlconspiracy.com...

I came across this, thought I'd pass some info

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
Hello ATS,
This is the first of its kind that I’ve seen on the internet. What you ask? A scaling project that deals with some of the best reports of alleged “giant UFOs.”

Scramjet, mighty fine thread matey -here's another interesting report to add to the collection involving a Brigadier General witnessing a "Colossal" UFO over the deserts of northern Chile.

General Gabrielli recounts UFO encounter

General Gabrielli recalls that in 1978, while conducting a training flight involving a pair of Northrop F-5E Tiger IIs not far from Antofagasta, their radars alerted them to the presence of a mammoth intruder.
"It was noon and I was flying with captain Danilo Catalán -we were both flight instructors," Gabrielli told the journalist.
" Accompanying us were avionics tech Fernando Gómez and another trainee. The F-5 is radar equipped, and a line appeared from side to side-in other words, a trace throughout the bottom side of the screen.
A trace for a surface ship, a cruiser, is approximately one centimeter long, but this line went from one side [of the screen] to another.

I assumed the radar scope had failed, and I said as much to Danilo Catalán, but his radar also "failed".
I then advised the ground radar at Antofagasta and they also picked up the line. We were engaged with these details when we looked toward the east: we were flying from north to south in the vicinity of Mejillones, and saw a deformed cigar-shaped object. Deformed, like a plantain banana. It was swathed in smoke."
The general estimated the size of the craft as being comparable to that of a dozen aircraft carriers.
"It was large and must have been some 15 to 20 miles away. It moved in the same direction as us. We had no missiles, guns or anything. As you can imagine, the fright was more or less considerable. We could see a large thing surrounded in smoke, and from which a vapor issued.
All of this situation must have lasted some five minutes. We approached the UFO but it was motionless. It neither approached nor retreated -it merely sailed parallel to us. It was quite impressive, because it was truly something strange, and something could be seen in concealment behind the smoke," he recalled.
Although the F-5E's are equipped with gun cameras, the general did not say if any footage had been obtained. The UFO "mothership" eventually vanished, heading toward Easter Island.
"The sky cleared and the lines on the radar vanished," he informed Riffo. "However, there had been an object physically flying there. It's not a yarn, let me tell you. It's my only experience with UFOs."

Link

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

Has it ever occurred to you that the size of the object maybe an artifact of distortion due to the propulsion method?

Has it ever occurred to you that the OP was only trying to accurately scale the sightings, and not explain or debunk the sightings? The OP came to no conclusions, he only scaled the size of each sighting the way it was reported, a very useful thing by the way (good work!).

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

wow....zzzzzzzzzzzz

You started with the JAL flight, which has been fully explained.

You ended with the Pheonix lights, which were fully explained.

The only thing the OP exposed was his own gullability and willingness to through away all logic and intelligence.

Uh huh. Do you care to explain either of these sightings or just claim they have been.

I hope your not talking about the flares excuse for Pheonix.
Or the Jupiter explaination for flight 1628?

Your kidding me.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Thanks Karl. An amazing report! People think that other national militaries are just inept because...uh... they aren't American.

But make no mistake these folks aren't flying model airplanes over there. According the wikipedia the Chilean military has:

-351 Tanks
-8 Frigates (not from the 1800s lol, but one like this )
-1 Corvette
-4 Submarines
-78 Fighter Aircraft

They might not have the money of the US, but they are trained and good at what they do. A ufo report should be taken serious by an senior military official, regardless of the nation's economic wealth.

Here is another outstanding report of a huge one in the Northern Yukon territory. Those aliens love the Yukon!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
for the people who think many of these cases have been explained, theres a good history channel program that covers a couple of them here:

www.youtube.com...

edit on 27-8-2011 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Thanks Karl. An amazing report! People think that other national militaries are just inept because...uh... they aren't American. :lol..

They might not have the money of the US, but they are trained and good at what they do. A ufo report should be taken serious by an senior military official, regardless of the nation's economic wealth.

Hey Scramjet, couldn't agree more there mate and I don't know if you've seen this documentary but it contains some very interesting claims (around 6:10) about how U.S. Secret Services offered significant economic and career related incentives to Ecuadorian Military personnel so that information and documents pertaining to UFOs were concealed....so maybe these South American military UFO reports are taken very seriously by someone somewhere -serious enough to attempt to suppress them anyway.

Here is another outstanding report of a huge one in the Northern Yukon territory.

Yup, that sure is a fascinating UFO incident you've gone and posted there (and a great thread from our friend Jkrog) - some of the separately located witness testimony sounds very consistent and there's been some great research been carried out by the ufobc.ca team - I have absolutely no idea what that object was.

I've also always found the US Coastguard case from 1988 very intriguing and that also involved witness reports of a huge unknown object over Lake Erie which was said to have released up to a half dozen triangular shaped lights and objects - there's also some pretty impressive government documentation to help corroborate the reports.

US Coastguard report - UFOs over Lake Erie

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
P.S. Scrmjet -the unknown object involved in the Minot Air Force base incident from 1968 was said to be a very large one too.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8313a00200bd.png[/atsimg]

link

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Good stuff Scramjet. A new thread with actual research and work put into it!

Amazing!

I see it has inspired you to do a follow- up. Excellent! I hope you continue doing your own independent investigations, as I'm sure you have found there is no substitute for that.

Oh, and a S&F for you as well of course!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey

Good thread mate.

Don't forget the largest of them all...the 'ringmakers' of Saturn are on photograph and are estimated to be 1000's of miles in size.

What?

In the book 'The Ringmakers of Saturn' published in 1986. Dr. Norman Bergrun presents the case that the rings of Saturn are constantly being manufactured by Electro Magnetic Vehicles (EMVs). If you can open your mind it presents some fascinating possibilities.

Great thread btw.
edit on 28-8-2011 by MolochMarduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Hey Karl, I flagged your "ufos over lake erie" thread. Was interesting and I had not see that episode of Ufo Hunters. So thanks for that. For some reason the link to it stopped working now tho...anyways.

..The minot case I was aware that object was pretty large. If that's how the object looked at "1000' feet above it," then it must be bigger than a 747. So I'd guess we are looking at 300+ feet.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
May 18 1947 - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma - Dusk

Oklahoma City Times (Oklahoma) 6/26

-Fast Flying Disks Reported in West-

(AP) -- Pilot and businessman Byron Savage and his wife had just started to walk out to their car. At first he commented to his wife that a big white plane was coming over.

He continued to watch the craft because it soon became evident that this thing was no ordinary aircraft. The shiny disc-like object was as big as six B-29 bombers “bigger than any aircraft we have.”

It flew over the city between 10,000 and 18,000 feet toward the northwest at a speed estimated at more than 1500 mph (3x current jet speed in those days).

The disc reportedly made no noise except for a very faint "swishing sound." It passed over in a matter of fifteen to twenty seconds and had the appearance of a "perfectly round and flat" frosty white elliptical object.

(Savage stated to FBI investigators that "he was sure this object was not a meteor and in his opinion it must be radically built and powered, probably atomic."
FBI Documents dated 24 July 1947)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join