It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Giant UFOs Scaling Project!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

Fantastic thread!!!!.

Well worth a look, thank you for the information and diagrams!!!

jah bless

(never new UFOs got sooooo big)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

Some good points there Beamish; trying to imagine these monsters in a meaningful way is tough. Too big, too overlooked and rather than writing them all off, it's worth thinking around the edges of *how* the witnesses could be right.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Great stuff, man! These massive 'mother ship' UFO sitings really fascinate me. The Phoenix V craft is probably my favorite, but the JAL 'walnut' saucer is just...I can't believe those pilots remained so calm seeing something like that outside their window. I really would love to probe their memory and see what they saw. I can't even imagine it.

One famous big UFO sighting you forgot was the Hudson Valley boomerang. That one was pretty large, wasn't it? I remember one witness describing it as "looking up at a city of lights".

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

One thing I do know, real or not, it doesn't make sense that they would be alien. Why? Well, because taking a craft that size presents unwarranted risks to any mission. There is no reason to take crafts of these sizes into any planets atmosphere. What would be the purpose? Surely not to observe...right? I mean, even us stupid humans can read a license plate from space, I'm betting they can do better than that if they can manage to get here. Even stupid humans can send down small probes to gather data, no need for a city sized "mother-ship" to put itself at risk to gather air samples or temperature data.....or diddle a hillbilly."

Which of those ships is city-sized? I guess if your "city" is a mile across, then.. sure. If that is what you came in, and you don't have "probes," then I suppose you fly what you got, yes? I think it's funny you actually think you could fathom the inheret risks of flying a large craft over foreign planets.

None of these sightings make any sense. The lack of real evidence says something to me. It's almost as if people just might see something unusual, but then their idiot imaginations get involved and they parrot all the crap they have ever heard about UFO's to give their story more "credit". You know...like all those people that claim these things "dart around in the sky and make serious 90 degree turns on a dime"......yet we never really see that in any of the evidence....odd that....almost as if a few reports like that spurned others to take their "sightings" and mold them to the "popular" view of ufos......kinda like the idiotic flap of "flying saucers" after that newspaper reporter called them that.

Except that many eyewitnesses do not give UFOs a second thought prior to their sightings. I know it's hard to believe, but this site does not accurately represent the interests and knowledge of your common Joe. So for many, no.. they are not just letting their "idiot imaginations" run away with them. For example.. the no-nonsense Texas rancher who saw the three football field ufo over his head during the Stephenvilles sightings. I suppose his wild imagination ran away with him?

And again, I think it's ridiculous that people ignore or write off UFOs solely because they don't have what they consider to be "solid evidence." There is imo, plenty of solid eyewitness testimony, radar returns, pictures and videos to take it and study it seriously. The rude dismissal of anyone claiming to have seen a UFO as being unstable, someone with a wild imagination, or someone who just plain stupid, is an insult to many of those folks.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Can someone point me to any decent video footage from the ages upon ages of these massive ships flying over densely populated areas?

Not that I don't mind eyewitness reports (and no, I don't give a flying leap if they are from "pilots" or anyone, they are stupid humans first then they are pilots, cops, astronauts...etc, second....subject to everything you and I are)....but eyewitness reports backup up by multiple angles of decent footage over populated areas is hard to ignore if the objects in question are the size this thread is advertising.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

Great thread...original idea and interesting....

Ufos is what im here for! And some of these cases i dont think ive heard of.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
Can someone point me to any decent video footage from the ages upon ages of these massive ships flying over densely populated areas?

Not that I don't mind eyewitness reports (and no, I don't give a flying leap if they are from "pilots" or anyone, they are stupid humans first then they are pilots, cops, astronauts...etc, second....subject to everything you and I are)....but eyewitness reports backup up by multiple angles of decent footage over populated areas is hard to ignore if the objects in question are the size this thread is advertising.

Sure, but first show me some footage of our current black projects. Oh wait, you can't because the odds of getting high quality footage of a random encounter is harder than winning the lottery. Even when we were testing the B2 bomber and people reported it as a UFO, no one could provide a good photo or video. Why do you think that is?

Well the reason is that even with today's tech, it is hard to film a flying object due to distance, distortion, and crappy auto focus. Another reason is that most people don't carry $500 Sony HD cams everywhere they go. Go outside tonight and try to film the Moon, you will see what I mean when I say its hard to get quality footage.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Too big, too overlooked and rather than writing them all off, it's worth thinking around the edges of *how* the witnesses could be right.

Not being at all versed in the physicality of aircraft aerodynamics, I am hardly at liberty to state with any certainty just how much impact a solid craft of the sizes illustrated would have on the immediate environment. I imagine it would be immense.

However, it is worth speculating that given there were no – as far as I know - “Speilbergian” type weather effects associated with them (think his version of the War of the Worlds) they might not have been as “solid” as we think.

I am obviously speaking about something that represents an archetype to the spectator; a visual challenge for the psyche to see just what we make intellectually of an object that cannot exist under our present paradigm.

Think of the alleged lack of reaction to European galleons sailing towards the shores of native islanders on seeing them for the first time. If I remember rightly, the natives considered the ships new “islands”. They made of them what they could. They were right, in a way.

Us seeing these supposedly immense flying craft could just be our way of rationally justifying how they are up there, and what they are there for.

We could be way off the mark.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Which of those ships is city-sized? I guess if your "city" is a mile across, then.. sure. If that is what you came in, and you don't have "probes," then I suppose you fly what you got, yes? I think it's funny you actually think you could fathom the inheret risks of flying a large craft over foreign planets.

Well, what about the inherent risks of interstellar travel faster than the speed of light. Running into a micro meteorite at that speed would do more damage than any human could do with a terrestrial weapon. Pretty sure going in for a peek is no where near as risky as leaving our solar system.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

Think of the alleged lack of reaction to European galleons sailing towards the shores of native islanders on seeing them for the first time. If I remember rightly, the natives considered the ships new “islands”. They made of them what they could. They were right, in a way.

I have heard this story too. There was a shaman standing on the beach staring at the boats. No one else could see the boats. Then the shaman would walk around and poke people in the forehead and said "SEE". The people began to see the boats where there was none before.

Their brains had never seen a plank of wood let alone a navy ship, they did not know how to process the visual information.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I find that difficult to believe. I saw that in the Bleep movie as well.. and I think if they saw ships, they saw ships. They HAD boats, almost certainly. Just because they were larger and had white sails.. they were invisible to them? I don't buy it.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Just because they were larger and had white sails.. they were invisible to them?

Personally, I hadn’t heard that they were invisible to the natives. It makes more sense that they saw something that related to technology they already had, but in their mindset couldn’t possibly exist.

So, they were islands.

With our new understanding of the world around us, we can make similar observations; we see vast “objects” in the sky, they remind us of our own technology but on a grander scale, so we “see” space ships.

But perhaps we are not as far removed from those natives as we think.

It’s all supposition, isn’t it?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Ooh, I see my thread about the Mile Wide UFO referenced. Thanks

Human beings need to stop judging everything by our standards. I think it's important when looking at things of a foreign nature. We have set standards that govern us, other beings have different standards. A little imagination goes a long way. Someone mentioned that these things are simply too big to be even practical. Practical to whom, us or them? Maybe, just maybe...some of these vehicles are actually small by their standards. Maybe where they're from, they have buildings 10 times the size of what we will consider to be huge ships. Maybe, their planets are as large as Jupiter, or our sun.

The arrogance some people have, to think that the way we do things are the way the rest of the incredibly vast Universe should do things. Grow up!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
Hello ATS,
This is the first of its kind that I’ve seen on the internet. What you ask? A scaling project that deals with some of the best reports of alleged “giant UFOs.”

Hi Scramjet76, great idea to do a scaling project like this.

I really enjoyed it, therefore a well deserved giant star and flag.
Is it not absolutely amazing that such huge crafts are allowed
to “flying/moving/hovering” freely around a bit in our skies when and wherever they want.
That must be quite some interesting technology of which our top scientists would be jealous about don’t you think?
Not forget to mention that those pilots must have indeed some really powerful friends in High places.

This is also what I find so interesting.

Abduction by Grey ETs in Huge, Black Triangle

© 2005 by Linda Moulton Howe

Grey Aliens Say Time and Size Are Not Relevant To Them
The only things that I found fascinating that I did seem to get an answer to, or somehow is: time has no relevance to them. Time has no relevance to them. The taller being kept telling me that time was only important to me. Time could be whatever they wanted it to be. And that size was irrelevant to them.

I asked at one point how big their ship was because it looked massive.

He said, Its whatever size we need it to be.'

Can you imagine that, that it would be whatever size they need it to be?

edit on 24/8/11 by spacevisitor because: did some adding and corrections

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Awesome thread and holy crap those things are huge, thanks for putting them into perspective

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Well of course there is also the massive Kansas City UFO described in this thread...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

August 10th 2011. Just a few weeks ago.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b6503273e10b.jpg[/atsimg]

Seen by *ONE* person.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

i have one word for the likes of you
but i will not drop down to your level

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
"Phoenix Lights… tried to save the best for last!
In 1997 thousands of citizens in Phoenix called in after witnessing strange lights in the sky. This incident would grab international attention and make it one of the most important UFO cases of all time. Size estimates vary-- I have heard everything from the V-Shaped craft being “A mile or two” or “The size of a football stadium” to “just plain HUGE.” After watching the Phoenix Lights Documentary , I decided to use their estimation of the V-Shape being a mile wide from tip to tip. The documentary diagram shows how tiny an airliner and football field look in comparison. "

I have seen something very similar to this. Because I saw it, it made me sceptical.. if that makes sense. It was close and differs a bit to the picture shown - It was white and bright. I do not know what I looked at that night but I still find it hard to believe it was a couple of alien dudes cruising past where I live.

Great post though fella.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I think alot of these giant UFOs are missed by most people because unless you are indeed looking to the stars for UFOs etc how often do you look up at the sky. Some people are just oblivious to the obvious.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Well the reason is that even with today's tech, it is hard to film a flying object due to distance, distortion, and crappy auto focus. Another reason is that most people don't carry $500 Sony HD cams everywhere they go. Go outside tonight and try to film the Moon, you will see what I mean when I say its hard to get quality footage.

When he said decent, I'm not thinking he meant 1080p, I'm inclined to think, from his tone, that he meant some actual footage that shows something other than a vague light, and since these mile wide massive objects are that big, there should be various angels available.

your argument about technology is merely an evolved "no one had cameras back then" argument which holds no merit what so ever. Try this, next time you are outside, stop 10 people and ask them if their cellphone has a camera.

If these mile wide and larger *ships* are in fact real and being seen, then we should only need to wait long enough for a few people to catch a glimpse on their phone.

A single high quality video is ok evidence, several independently filmed mediocre videos are better as long as they can be traced (dome of the rock "ufo" hoax for example).

Another issue, as with the phoenix lights, is people see lights in the sky that appear to be moving together, and their brain does the rest of the work, it's a massive dark object. I believe some UFO show (maybe fact or faked?) did a test with this using I believe balloons and lights tethered together, actually, I think this was them attempting to debunk the phoenix lights or something similar.

the human brain is quite complex and you are mostly along for the ride, your brain does so much behind the scenes so you don't have to worry about it. Certain disorders and brain damage can affect these areas, some of which control facial recognition. Some people actually can't tell anyone apart, for them it's like trying to tell apart dolphins. Some people honestly don't recognize themselves in the mirror. Other people recognize everyone on earth as someone they know from somewhere, when in fact they have never met. Did you know that your brain only uses a tiny fraction of the information coming from your eyes? You make think you are seeing everything around you, but in reality, your brain is only really focused on a tiny section in the middle, so while you are focusing on object A, your brain is basically blurring everything else out. One of the various reasons eyewitness testimony isn't as solid as some people think. Go ahead and try to send someone to jail based only on your eyewitness testimony. That witness with some circumstantial evidence is convincing, that witness alone is insufficient.

Our brains are hardwired to try to make things easy for us, this is where matrix-ing and other issues come in, and I do believe a good chunk of sightings can be blamed on this. That said, they indeed saw something, but there is always the possibility their brain told them they saw a large silent black craft, when in fact they saw 3 balloons with LEDS in them.

that said, after digging a little deeper into the phoenix incident I've learned that the clear military flares explain the later event, but apparently people did report seeing a massive craft blocking out the sky an hour or so before the one we all saw on video, and those witnesses say the video we saw looks nothing like what they saw.

I dunno, whenever someone brings up the point that people aren't watching the skies anymore, I can't help but remember a Tom Green skit where he walks around a city, randomly pointing at something in the sky until people look where he is pointing, then he points somewhere else, and of course they all look there.

If these events are actually happening then it's only a matter of time before we get something tangible in the form of various different angles of the same event, hopefully showing a craft not just a bright light.

If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on a large craft sighting being the lynch pin that converts everyone to believers, but until then, no "take my word for it" is going to be strong enough. People lie, people hoax, and some people will take it to the grave because they got a sick satisfaction from wasting your time.
edit on 24-8-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join